If you are a permanent resident of India and you are planning to create a safe space for your girl child then you can have her apply for the Savitribai Jyoti Rao Phule fellowship program which is especially available for the single girl child in India. You can check out the major information about the eligibility criteria from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the information about the application procedure that you need to follow in order to be a part of the organization. Check out the readings related to the Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child 2023 from the article provided below and prepare yourself accordingly.
About Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship
This new fellowship program is presented in order to help people get higher education after they have completed their 12th but are not able to get career opportunities. The fellowship program is especially available to people belonging to the low-income group of society. This scholarship program is available for single girl child available in India in order to help all of the people who are coming from the economically backward section of society. The Savitribai Jyoti Rao Phule is a scholarship scheme created for the help of the people who are coming from cast and categories which are not widely recognized by the Indian Government and are sometimes not able to get an education.
Also Check: Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for this scheme:-
- Any single girl child of her parents pursuing a Ph.D. in any stream/subject in recognized Universities/Colleges/ Institutes is eligible to apply under the scheme.
- The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has registered herself in regular, full-time Ph. D. program.
- Admission to Ph.D. courses in part-time/distance mode is not covered under the scheme. A scholar is not eligible for a fellowship if the research is intended/pursued through open/ part-time distance education mode or part-time mode.
- Girl students up to the age of 40 years for the general category and 45 years for the reserved categories i.e. SC/ST/OBC and PWD (Persons with Disabilities) as on the last date of submission of online application are eligible.
- The fellowship under this scheme is available for pursuing research work in the following types of institutions only:
- 1. Central/State Universities included under section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- 2. Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- 3. Institutions fully funded by Central or State Governments and empowered to award Degrees.
- 4. Institutions of National Importance.
- Non-teaching Employees of any University / College/ Higher Educational Institution/ Central/ State/ UT Government are not eligible under the scheme for availing the fellowship, even if they are on Study Leave or Extra Ordinary Leave (EOL) to pursue PhD courses. Fellowship is not available for pursuing M.Phil.
The following financial aid is available through the schemes:-
|Fellowship||JRF @ Rs. 31,000/- p.m. for initial two years SRF @ Rs. 35,000/- p.m. for remaining tenure (subject to satisfactory progress of research work)|
|Contingency||For Humanities and Social Sciences @ Rs. 10,000/- p.a. for initial two years @ Rs. 20,500/- p.a. for remaining tenure For Science, Engineering and Technology @Rs.12,000/- p.a. for initial two years @Rs.25,000/- p.a. for remaining tenure|
|Escort Reader Assistance||@ Rs. 3,000/- p.m. in case of ‘Divyang’ scholars|
Condition for Cancellation of Fellowship
The fellowship of the candidate can be canceled if they are taking into consideration the following things:-
- If the scholar determines to be ineligible for the fellowship at any moment during the fellowship’s length.
- If it is discovered that the fellowship obtain or claim using fraudulent, incorrect, or misleading information.
- If the institution receives any unfavorable reports.
- Indiscretions, bad behavior, and corrupt actions.
- The research project’s lackluster progress.
- Violation of the guidelines’ terms and conditions.
- Any type of plagiarism or unethical behavior.
- The scholar must give a fair chance to argue their case before the fellowship is terminated or canceled.
- If the fellowship is canceled or ended before the thesis is submitted, the UGC may start legal action to recoup the money paid to the scholar, plus interest.
The following documents requires in order to successfully apply for the fellowship program:-
- Proof of being a single girl child has to submit an affidavit of Rs.100/-
- Stamp paper from the parents duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate /
- Tahsildar as per the prescribed proforma (Annexure I) at the time of filling out the online
- application. In case, the parents are not alive, the affidavit can submit by the guardian of the candidate.
Also Check: CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child 2023 Application Process
If you want to apply for this scholarship online then you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the official website of the scheme by clicking on the link given here
- The home page of this organization will open on your screen.
- You have to read the details related to this scholarship carefully.
- You have to now click on the apply now button and the official application form will open on your screen.
- Fill out the application form and upload all of the documents successfully.
- Submit the application form and you will be eligible for this scholarship.
Terms And Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions in order to successfully apply for the scheme:-
- Only one benefit: A scholar is eligible to receive only one fellowship at a time. The scholar is required to declare that she is not in receipt of any other scholarship/fellowship from any other source and that she will not accept/receive any other monetary benefit/scholarship/fellowship from any other source. In other words, a scholar who is awarded Fellowship by UGC shall not accept any other fellowship/scholarship or hold any appointment, paid or otherwise, or receive any emoluments, salary, stipend, etc. from any other source during the tenure of the award (except in case of academic leave of one year.
- If a scholar wishes to apply for any other fellowship/ paid assignment/ examination during the tenure of the fellowship, she is not required to obtain NOC from UGC, however, in case of selection, she would be required to tender her resignation from the UGC fellowship.
- In case a scholar is already in receipt of any scholarship/fellowship, she is still eligible to apply under the scheme subject to the condition that it is declared in her application. If the scholar is selected under the scheme, she will have to relinquish either the previous scholarship/fellowship/any other monetary benefit or cancel the selection under these schemes.
- A scholar who does not complete her research work during the period of fellowship shall not be eligible to apply again under the scheme. Similarly, a scholar who has completely or partially availed of any fellowship for Ph.D. earlier under any scheme shall also not be eligible for fellowship under the scheme.
- Both the scholar receiving the fellowship and the institution concerned, where the scholar is pursuing her Ph.D. is responsible to ensure that the terms and conditions of these schemes are followed properly and only the eligible candidates get the fellowship.
- The fellowship is directly paid to the research scholars in their bank accounts. For this, the bank account numbers of the scholars are required to be Aadhaar linked and verified. As per the instructions of the Government of India, the Aadhaar has been made mandatory for the disbursement of all Government subsidies/Scholarships/Fellowships which are disbursed directly into the beneficiary’s account. Accordingly, Aadhaar will be used as an Identifier for the release of grants under these schemes.
- The tenure of the fellowship is for five years and will be effective from 1st April of the selection year or the actual date of joining under the fellowship in the University/College/Institute, whichever is later. Fellowship will be granted up to the date of submission of Ph.D. Thesis or 5 years of tenure whichever is earlier. No extension is permissible beyond the total period of five years, and the fellow ceases to be a UGC research fellow immediately after the expiry of the due date.
- HRA: Hostel accommodation may be provided to the scholars by their institutions. In such cases, the scholar is eligible to draw only hostel fees excluding mess, electricity, water charges, etc. In case, a scholar refuses the hostel accommodation, he/she shall not be eligible to draw HRA.
- In case of non-availability of hostel accommodation, the scholar may be provided with single accommodation by the host institution. In such cases, the rent paid by the scholar on an actual basis shall be reimbursed, subject to the ceiling of HRA as per Govt. of India norms.
- If the scholar makes her own arrangements of accommodation, he/she shall be entitled to draw HRA as per ceiling and categorization of cities by the Govt. of India.
- In case, the scholar wishes to draw HRA, he/she is required to submit a certificate, in the prescribed format, to her institution.
- No separate/fixed medical assistance is provided. However, the scholars may avail the medical facilities available in their Institutions concerned
The students will have to visit the official website of UGC in order to fill out the application form for the scholarship program.
The main objective of the fellowship program is to support the higher education of single girl children in social science.
If you are a single girl child from India then you can apply for the prestigious fellowship program presented by the organization of UGC for support.
The applicant must be a permanent resident of India and the applicant must be a single girl child in order to successfully apply for the fellowship program.
The number of slots is presented by the organization each and every year on the basis of the eligible students who have filled out the application form