Seattle University is one of the most famous universities which is a Law School that is providing law degrees to all students. The students can check out the information related to the Seattle University scholarships from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the information related to the eligibility criteria that we need to follow in order to be a part of the Seattle University Scholarships for Indian Students. We will also share with you all the information related to the application that you need to follow in order to be a part of these scholarships. The students can check out the information related to the awards available and prepare themselves for the scholarship accordingly.
About Seattle University Scholarships for Indian Students
One full tuition scholarship is available each year to a student from India, made possible through a generous grant from the Remala Family Foundation. The recipient is selected based on both need and merit. This scholarship is presented by Seattle University in order to help people to continue getting a law degree in the university but without the need to pay the tuition fees because the tuition fee is relatively higher for international students. The awards will be provided equally in the spring and the fall semester for the student so that they can continue their education all around the year in addition, they will also be offered other types of financial aid to continue their education.
Also Check: List of Scholarships for Study Abroad
- January 10, 2022 – Continuing Students review your pending financial aid for Spring Semester
- February 1, 2022 – Interest on federal student loans returns to pre-Covid rates
- February 15, 2022 – Deadline to complete FAFSA
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for these scholarships:-
- The applicants must be from India and seeking a Master of Laws (LLM) degree
Prior to enrollment, you can expect the following financial obligations:-
- Application Fee: After February 1, the $65 fee accompanies your initial application for admission. It is a processing charge and is nonrefundable.
- Tuition Deposit. This $250 nonrefundable deposit is applied to your first semester’s tuition and ensures you a place in the entering class. The deposit is due on the date stated in your admission letter. A second $250 nonrefundable deposit is due by June 1 for admitted students starting the fall term.
- Tuition- $53,160 for 30 credits ($1,772/credit)
The applicant must take into account the important consideration related to the scholarship from the pointers given below:-
- Payable per term
- Tuition is set for first-year students; see First-Year Cost of Attendance (PDF) for a breakdown of costs
- Future tuition may vary depending on the number of credits taken per term
- Does not include costs such as books, room/board, transportation, and other living expenses (see Cost of Attendance below)
- Payment plans may be organized through the Business Office
- You should plan for tuition to increase each year during your law school career
Also Read: University of Lincoln India Scholarship
Administrative Tuition Credit
The candidates can check out the information related to the administrative tuition credit from the pointers given below:-
- If you are required to take one or two credits above the required 90 credits due to your schedule, the Registrar may grant an administrative tuition credit at the time of validation.
- If approved, the student would then be charged tuition for only the number of credits taken up to 90.
- Be advised that such credits may impact your financial aid eligibility.
- We do not grant this credit to enable students to take additional courses beyond the required 90 credits.
The applicant will be liable to pay the following amount of fees whenever they are applying for the programs available in the organisation:-
- Matriculation Fee
- $100 one-time fee due when you first enrol in the law school
- Student Bar Association (SBA) Fee
- Charged each term (except summer)
- 2022-23 academic year
- $48.00 ($96 for the year) for full-time enrollment
- $35.50 ($71 for the year) for part-time enrollment.
- Wellness Fee
- $225.00 ($450 total for fall and spring) for full-time enrollment
- $172.50 ( $345 total for fall and spring) for part-time enrollment
- $115 for summer term enrollment
- Cost of Attendance
- $28,737 per nine-month academic year
- Includes room and board, transportation, and personal expenses while enrolled in law school.
- This is in addition to tuition, fees, and books/supplies.
- Total Cost of Attendance (PDF) breakdown
The candidates can check out the information related to the payments that will be done in the organization from the pointers given below:-
- All tuition and fees for each semester are due at the end of the first week of classes.
- Make payments to your student account for all charges that may not be covered by financial aid, including tuition, fees, and insurance.
- Checks, money orders, cashier’s checks, and cash are accepted in person at the Business Office.
- Pay by credit card or e-check online via the Student Account Center.
- The following charges may be applied to student accounts:
- Late payment fee of $100
- charged to all accounts not paid in full by the end of the first full week of classes.
- assessed to the student account if the financial aid award does not cover in full the amount due, and the student fails to pay the remaining balance by the end of the first full week of classes.
- assessed if the student’s failure to complete financial aid paperwork by specified dates delays financial aid disbursements.
- Late payment fee of $50 or 2% of the outstanding balance, whichever is greater
- Charged to all accounts enrolled in the Deferred Payment Plan where payment is not received within 5 days of the due date
- A service fee of $25 – is charged for all returned checks, plus late fees are assessed if accounts are still open past the end of the first full week of classes. After three returned checks, payment must be made in cash, by money order or by cashier’s check.
- Late payment fee of $100
Important Considerations For Payments
The candidates can check out the important considerations related to the payments from the pointers given below:-
- Holds on student transcripts are placed for failure to make payment during any semester, preventing further class registration.
- Delinquent accounts may be referred to a collection agency and reported to national credit bureaus. All expenses and fees incurred by the School of Law during this process are added to the student account.
- Failure to pay your tuition balance in full on time may result in being administratively withdrawn from your classes for the term.
The deferred Payment Plan allows you to pay your balance in 4 (four) monthly instalments (3 (three) instalments in the summer term):
- The first payment, due the first week of class, is 1/4 (1/3 in summer) of your balance (after scholarships and/or loans have been applied)
- The remaining balance is split into three (two in summer) equal payments, due on set dates throughout the semester.
- A 1.5% deferred payment fee will be added to the remaining balance.
- A signed copy of the Payment Plan Agreement will be on file in the Business Office and will not reflect on your Student Account Center account.
- Failure to complete payments within 5 days of scheduled dates will result in a late fee of $50 or 2% of the outstanding balance, whichever is greater.
Seattle University Scholarships for Indian Students Application Process
To apply for this scholarship the applicant will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The candidates can download the application form for this scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- Take a printout of the application form and fill the application form accordingly.
- This scholarship will be granted only to students with financial needs from India. To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must submit both the scholarship application form and the admissions application form for the LLM Program.
- Please submit this completed application and the documents noted below via email to: LLM@seattleu.edu
- Student Financial Services (SFS) Sullivan Hall, Second Floor 901 12th Avenue P.O. Box 222000
- Seattle, WA 98122-1090 206-398-4250
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seattle University Scholarships for Indian Students FAQs
The applicant will have to submit the application form for the scholarship and the admission at the same time and you will have to submit the application form accordingly.
The tuition fees for the law degree will be waived through the development of this scholarship.
The applicant will have to submit these scholarship forms with their admission form before the last date of law degree admission to Seattle University.
The applicant must be a permanent resident of India in order to successfully apply for the LLM Remala family scholarship available at Seattle University