Sheffield Hallam University GREAT Scholarship is provided in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign. PG students who wish to continue their education even higher can apply for these scholarships. The students will be able to get £10000 for the first year of their study if they are applying for this scholarship. This is an excellent opportunity available for the international students who want to pursue their education in the UK. The United Kingdom is a very expensive country so in order to take the admission in a prestigious University you have to have a proper educational background but if you do not have so then you can apply for this scholarship. The scholarship will cover the tuition fees of the student and it will also cover the other expenses that the students have to go through. You can apply for these scholarships if you are from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Thailand.
What are GREAT Scholarships 2023?
GREAT Scholarships 2023 is an initiative by the British Council and the GREAT Britain campaign. The people who have taken admission in different UK universities can apply for the scholarship by filling out the application form. This scholarship is specially available for the international Students who do not have proper funds so that they can continue their education in the UK. The people will be getting the advantage to know more about the cultural differences between their country and the UK. The people will be able to talk to professors that are very good in their career. If the students wish to pursue a PhD and other research courses, they will be eligible to apply for this scholarship scheme. The scholarship opportunities are very competitive so the students who have very good academic records can apply for the scholarship only.
Also Read: GREAT Scholarship India
Objective of The GREAT Scholarship
The objective of the GREAT Scholarships 2023 is to help the student so that they can take admission in UK universities without having to worry about the economical conditions in which they are living. The people who have good academic records can apply for the scholarship and they will be eligible to receive the benefit of 10000 pounds. The applicants can fill out the application form and then they will be eligible to know more about the UK culture. This opportunity is created so that there are no financial barriers that are limiting the students to pursue the education that they want to pursue outside their own country. The students will be able to know more about the Research and Technology is available in the UK that are not initially available in their country. The program will be a positive impact on the people coming from poverty.
To be eligible for one of these scholarships you must:
- be an international fee-paying student who is fully self-financing your studies. This means that you are not receiving any funding for your studies from an external source such as a government, a scholarship provider, a company, or an employer
- be domiciled in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, or Nigeria. There is 1 scholarship available for each country: India, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Nigeria.
- have achieved a minimum 2.1 or equivalent in your undergraduate honors degree and must meet the English and academic entry requirements for your course
- have applied for a full-time taught postgraduate course at Sheffield Hallam University starting in September 2023
- be able to pay the remainder of your tuition fee and any additional fees your course may require, for example, field trips.
You cannot apply for or receive this scholarship if you:
- are already enrolled on the Sheffield Hallam University course for which you are applying for a scholarship
- have previously received a GREAT or GREAT Justice & Law scholarship
- are using to study a Sheffield Hallam course at a partner institution outside the UK
Benefits of Sheffield Hallam University’s GREAT Scholarship
There are a lot of benefits that will be provided to the people who are applying for this prestigious scholarship scheme presented by the British Council:
- Sheffield Hallam University is partnering with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign to offer 4 GREAT scholarships.
- The scholarships are part of the annual GREAT Scholarships campaign, which aims to support postgraduate students from selected countries to access higher education opportunities in the UK.
- The scholarships are exclusively for students from India, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Nigeria who will be starting a full-time postgraduate taught course in September 2023.
- The scholarships provide a tuition fee waiver of £10,000 for the first year of study in the 2023-24 academic year.
- The scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, and only students who can demonstrate excellent academic performance are eligible
Also Read: Robert Gordon University GREAT Scholarships
How to Apply for Sheffield Hallam University’s GREAT Scholarships 2023?
To apply for Sheffield Hallam University’s GREAT Scholarships 2023, follow these steps:
- You will first have to visit the Sheffield Hallam website of this scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- Read the instructions displayed on the screen carefully and now you have to click on the option called apply now
- The application form will open on your screen and you have to fill out the application form after you have successfully taken admitted to the university.
- Enter all of the details and successfully apply for the scholarship of your choice.
There are a lot of documents that requires in order to successfully fill out the application form for the scholarship and given below we are sharing the information about the same:
- Completed scholarship application form
- Academic transcripts from previous qualifications, including certificates and grades
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable
- Personal statement or essay outlining your academic and professional goals and how this scholarship will help you achieve them
- Two references from academic or professional sources
- Copy of passport or national ID card
- Any additional documentation as requested by Sheffield Hallam University or the British Council.
- Closing date 31 May 2023
- Sheffield Hallam University
- City Campus, Howard Street,
- Sheffield, S1 1WB, UK
- Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org | Telephone Number – (+44) (0)114 225 5555
Sheffield Hallam University GREAT Scholarships 2023 FAQs
The scholarships for students from India, Indonesia, Malaysia and Nigeria. The student must be starting a PG degree in September.
The selected candidates will receive a £10,000 tuition fee waiver for the first year. The students will be provided the opportunity for only one year.
The scholarships are available for all postgraduate taught courses offered by Sheffield Hallam University in the 2023-24 academic year.
Yes, candidates can apply for multiple scholarship programs at Sheffield Hallam University. However, they can only receive one scholarship award.