If you are applying for a research scholarship in Singapore then you can apply for the prestigious scholarship which is known as the SINGA Scholarship 2023 created in order to provide proper opportunities to research scholars. You can check out the details related to the eligibility criteria for the scholarship from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the details related to the application procedure that you need to follow in order to be a part of the scholarship program. The details related to the scholarships are mentioned below.
About SINGA Scholarship 2023
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU). SINGA Scholarship is primarily available for the students to get their PhD training which will carry out by a prestigious Institute and lap presents in Singapore. This is one of the fastest growing scholarships because it will help the Ph.D. students to get pertinent information related to their Research Development and they will be provided financial independence so that they can do their Research Development without having to worry about the economic differences that they are going through.
Benefits Of Scholarship
The applicant must follow the following benefits when they are select for the scholarship program present by the organization:-
- The award provides support for up to 4 years of Ph.D. studies including
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,200 which will be increased to S$2,700 after passing the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
The students will be provided with these scholarships only for the following research areas:-
- SINGA supports Ph.D. studies in Biomedical Sciences, Computing and Information Sciences, Engineering and Technology, and Physical Sciences.
Estimated Cost Of Living
You can check out the details related to the estimated cost of living in Singapore from the table given below:-
|Item||Per Student Per Month (S$)|
|Food||University Canteens||250 – 350|
|Meals outside Campus||450 – 600|
|Accommodation (based on a single room)||On – Campus||400 – 700|
|Transport Expenses (local)||100 – 150|
|Other Expenses (stationary, laundry, toiletries, recreation, etc.)||400 – 500|
|Total Estimated Cost of Living||1,400 – 2,000|
The following documents are require in order to successfully apply for the scholarship scheme:-
- Valid Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- ALL transcripts need to be in English translation
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- Applicants applying to NUS supervisors/projects are required to submit their GRE scores in their SINGA application form.
- For all other applicants, you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory GRE scores as part of the university admission requirement.
- The submission of IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results is optional and may be requested later by the university for admission.
You must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for this prestigious scholarship program:-
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results Note: SINGA is intended primarily for international students studying for the first time in Singapore. Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and International students studying/who have studied in Singapore tertiary institutions are not eligible.
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
SINGA Scholarship 2023 Application Procedure
If you want to apply for the scholarship then you will have to follow the simple procedure below:-
- You will first have to visit the official website of the scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen and the details relates to the scholarship will display.
- Read the details relates to the scholarship carefully.
- You have to click on the Apply Here button present on the screen.
- You have to log in with your credentials and then you can successfully apply for this prestigious scholarship in order to be a part of the Ph.D. research scholars.
Terms And Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions in order to apply for the scholarship program:-
- Please ensure that the information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as the information will uses for verification upon your first log-in.
- Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Please do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
- Please submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will process.
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it will submit.
- The last date to apply for this scholarship is the first of December 2022
- (65) 6826 6111