Sonny Mehta Scholarship for Writers is an initiative of the University of East Anglia United Kingdom. Creative writing students from India and Indian subcontinents can apply for this scholarship program through online mode. Online application forms are available on the university’s official portal. Students made checked the step-by-step instructions to fill out the application form along with other significant details from this article. In this article, we include the eligibility conditions, last date, benefits of the scheme, documents to submit, and other significant details.
About Sonny Mehta Scholarship for Writers
Sonny Mehta scholarship program has been founded by Gita Mehta to encourage young writers. She started this scheme in the year 2021 in honor of her late husband Sonny Mehta editor-in-chief of US publishing house Alfred A Knopf and chairman of the Knopf Doubleday Group. Under this scheme selected beneficiaries will get financial help in pursuing their post-graduation program. This scholarship program helps many Indian students fulfill their dream of studying at the University of East Anglia, United Kingdom. As education is very costly outside the home country. This scholarship program will become a helping hand for needy Indian students.
Highlights Of Sonny Mehta Scholarship
- Name of the scheme: Sonny Mehta Scholarship
- Launched by: University of East Anglia, UK
- Launched for: Students
- Benefits: Monetary
- Mode of Application: Online
- Last Date: Uodated Soon
- Official site: uae.ac.uk
Objective Of The Scheme
The objective of the scholarship is to encourage creative writers to pursue their post-graduation in UAE. Moreover to attract creative writers from across the world to pursue their academics in UAE.
Benefits Of Sonny Mehta Scholarship for Writers
Many students can able to pursue their academics from outside the country even after having potential due to lack of finance. Finance is the basic requirement to live in other countries and pay the expense of course. Under the scholarship program students who wish to pursue MA in creative writing: prose, poetry, or scriptwriting will be benefited. Beneficiaries will get £28500 to cover the tuition fee of the course and living costs in the UK.
Aspirants who made the eligibility conditions specified pillow are eligible to apply for the scholarship
- Applicants who desire to pursue MA in creative writing: prose, poetry or script writing can apply for this scholarship program
- Applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field
- Applicant should be a citizen of India or Indian subcontinents
- Applicants applying for this scholarship must not get any other scholarship from any other source
- The online application form-filling process updated soon
- Last date of submission of the application form updated soon
Sonny Mehta Scholarship for Writers Application Procedure
- To apply for the scholarship program you have to visit the official website of the University of East Anglia
- From the home page of the portal go to the study option, choose an international student, and then the fee and scholarship option
- Choose the scholarship option from the new page that appeared on the screen
- Choose the scholarship A-Z option from the further page and look for “ The Sonny Mehta Scholarship for writers”
- Hit view more option and read it carefully
- Choose to apply now button and a new page will open on the screen
- Choose the link and the application form will open on the screen
- Enter the details in the application form as asked
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Fee status
- Higher education
- Country of birth etc.
- Fill the complete application form and review the application once
- Submit the application form by hit submit button