In this article today, we are sharing with all of you the details of the STS (Short Term Studentship) Scholarship scheme which is presented by the organization of ICMR. 10,000 Rupees per month will be provided to the candidates in this scholarship so that they will be able to apply for the professional courses. We are sharing with you all the eligibility criteria, educational criteria, and also a step-by-step procedure through which you will be able to apply for the scholarship.
What Is STS Scholarship 2023?
A new scholarship is available for candidates who are currently pursuing medical courses in various colleges of India. You will be able to apply for the STS Scholarship starting in the month of December. The scholarship will be highly beneficial for the students who are studying to become doctors in the upcoming age. You can easily apply for the scholarship by going to the official website of the organization.
Details Of STS Scholarship
|Name||STS Scholarship 2023|
|Objective||Providing a scholarship|
|Beneficiary||For the students pursuing medical courses|
|Commencement of Registration & Online Submission||Updated Soon|
|Closing of Registration||Updated Soon|
|Closing of Online Submission||Updated Soon|
|Result Announcement||Updated Soon|
Eligibility Criteria of STS Scholarship
You will have to follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:-
- Only MBBS/ BDS students of Medical/ Dental colleges recognized by the MCI/ DCI are eligible to apply before appearing for their final exams.
- Interns/ PG students are not eligible to apply.
- All the candidates having OCI cards/ PIO cards/ NRI’s studying in an Indian Medical/ Dental college are eligible to apply provided they submit a copy of the OPI/ PIO/ NRI card along with the application.
- Paramedical/ Non-medical students cannot apply for the program.
- Indian students studying in recognized Medical/ Dental colleges can apply.
- Candidates studying in Foreign Medical/ Dental colleges cannot apply.
- The candidate should do the research in his/ her own college under a guide who is employed as a full-time faculty in the same college. Part-time faculty/ Visiting faculty/ PG students or Residents cannot be the guide for the candidates.
- Only one student should be working under one guide.
- Two or more students should not work on the same topic as research.
- Different students submitting the same research topic will not work.
- One student should have only one guide and other co-guides. However, ICMR considers only the Main Guide for all purposes.
Rewards and Benefits
The rewards and benefits of this scholarship are:
- Around 1500 (1200- MBBS and 300- BDS) students can avail of the scholarship.
- The studentship amount of INR 10,000 per month is paid for 2 months (a total of INR 20,000).
- This amount is considered to be the stipend for the research scholar.
- The studentship is paid only after completion of the research and approval of the final report.
- Research expenses have to be borne by the college/ institution where the research is done.
- A certificate will be posted to the Principals’ office/ College office within 6-8 months of the report result.
- The stipend and certificate will be awarded to the candidate only if his/ her STS report is approved.
STS Scholarship Selection Process
The applicant must follow the following selection procedure to apply for the scholarship:-
- The selection committee consisting of a panel of experts shortlists the aspirants after the technical evaluation.
- The officials consider the research proposal and applications of the candidates for selection.
- The authority will release the result to declare the names of the selected aspirants.
- The students must take out the print of the result from the official website of STS for future reference.
- The decision of ICMR in relation to selection will be final.
- The officials will not entertain any requests for the same.
Terms And Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions to apply for the scholarship:-
- The officials will not consider clinical trial protocols under STS. Hence, one should not submit the same.
- STS is an online program; hence all the processes for the same will be online only.
- The officials will also consider the proposals approved by IEC and IAEC.
- ICMR will not be responsible for any delay in the proposal’s submission. The officials will not entertain any request for an extension of the deadline.
- One aspirant should submit one proposal under a guide.
- The submission of false information will lead to the rejection of the application form.
- The aspirants cannot transfer the studentship to other students.
- After the approval of the STS report, the officials will pay the stipend through RTGS and will transfer it to the bank account of the aspirant.
- ICMR holds the right to reject incomplete applications or research proposals.
- The officials will use the information from the students to contact or invite the aspirants for a research method workshop or conference.
- ICMR will make efforts to keep the information of the participating students and reports confidential. However, they will not be responsible for any unintentional loss of any kind.
- The proposal of the aspirant must give details of the original work during the two months under the guide. Aspirants must not copy the proposal from earlier research/thesis/other sources.
- Aspirants unable to complete the STS project can reapply again with the same project. However, the official will consider it as a fresh application only.
The applicant must have the following documents while applying for the scholarship.
- Passport size photograph
- Research proposal
- Institutional Ethics Committee (IEC) or the Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (IAEC) approval letter (optional).
STS Scholarship Application Process
To apply for the scholarship you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will have to first visit the official website of the scholarship.
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Enter a valid email ID, phone number, course details like student name, course, college name and address, and personal details like date of birth and residential address.
- Successfully register yourself
- Enter a name in the ‘Sentence case’. ‘Mr/ Ms’ should not be prefixed with the name.
- If selected, the student will get a stipend and a certificate in his/ her name.
- The complete postal address of the college along with the phone number and email ID should be mentioned in the application form for further communication.
- A registration ID and password will be generated automatically.
- This reference and email ID is required at a later stage in the project during report submission
- Login to submit your application form
- A completely filled and attested Application Attestation Form (AAF) should be submitted along with the application form.
- The Application Attestation Form (AAF) should be completely filled, signed, attested, scanned, and saved as a PDF document.
Check Scholarship Result
- Open the Offiical WebPage of the studentship.
- The homepage of the website will open.
- Click on the Result option.
- A pdf file of all the approved students will open.
- Check your name in the list or else download it.
- Division of Human Resource Planning & Development (HRD).
- Indian Council of Medical Research
- V. Ramalingaswami Bhawan Ansari Nagar,
- New Delhi – 110029
- Phone: 011-26589440 (Direct), 26588980, 2658889, 26588707 or 26589335