The State Government of Tamilnadu has announced the Tamil Nadu CM Fellowship for young professionals from diverse academic backgrounds to implement various schemes. Under this program this follows, will be placed under the Chief Minister’s Office/ Departments concerned and it will monitor and identify issues and decision-making in respect of the assigned programs. A detailed memorandum of understanding will be entered into with Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Trichy, the academic partner for implementing this program. The age of the applicant should be between 22 and 30 years. If you get to know more about Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Fellowship then continue to read this article where we will provide you with each and every detail about the Scheme, its objective, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedure, and much more.
About Tamil Nadu CM Fellowship 2023
The Tamilnadu Government will implement the Chief Minister Scholarship Programme for 2022-2024 to utilize the talent of young professionals in the execution of schemes in 12 sectors. The government believes in the potential of the talented youth of the state to improve the process of governance and Service delivery. This is one of the prestigious programs in the country’s public policy and service domain. Under this program, the government has identified 12 thematic areas for research: augmentation of water resources, agricultural production, productivity and creation of marketing linkages, housing for all, education, health, social inclusion, infrastructure and industrial development, skill development, and entrepreneurship development, institutional credit, Heritage and Culture, economical balance and data governance. This program is implemented at a cost of Rs. 5.66 crore between 2022 and 2024 for this financial year Rs.41.75 lakh has been sanctioned.
Also Read: Tamil Nadu Scholarship
- TNCMFP online application forms will update soon
- TNCMFP Application form-filling process will update soon
- Downloading e-admit card for the examination will update soon
- The preliminary Assessment (computer-based exam) will update soon
- Comprehensive Examination and Personal Interview Second will update soon
Key Highlights of Tamil Nadu CM Fellowship
|Conducted by||The State Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Name of fellowship||Tamil Nadu CM Fellowship|
|Objective||To create a pool of knowledgeable and action-oriented resources|
|Benefits||The fellows will be placed under the Chief Minister’s office or department|
|Eligibility criteria||Bachelors and Ph.D. holders|
|Selection Through||Preliminary exam, written exam, and personal interview|
Objective of Tamil Nadu CM Fellowship
The Tamilnadu CM fellowship program is aimed at harnessing the talents of young professionals from diverse academic backgrounds and implementing various schemes. The key objective of this program includes creating a pool of knowledgeable and action-oriented resources to work on policy efficacy, building internationally referred benchmarks for policy outcomes, developing and implementing a measuring system across various sectors, and creating a workable quadrant of different Service delivery processes in terms of their maturity and Impact, creating a knowledgeable repository to identify impact creation and scalar best practice, etc.
Thematic Areas for TNCMFP2022-24
- Agricultural Production, Productivity, and Creation of Marketing Linkages
- Augmentation of Water Resources
- Data Governance
- Ecological Balance
- Heritage and Culture
- Housing for All
- Improving Educational Standards
- Improving Health Indicators
- Infrastructure & Industrial Development
- Institutional Credit
- Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Development
- Social Inclusion
Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of merit in the further mentioned steps of the selection process:
- Preliminary Assessment (Computer-based Test)
- Computer-based examination of a maximum of 150 points
- The test contains questions on General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude Verbal Comprehension, and Logical Reasoning
- Negative marking of 0.33 points for every incorrect answer
- The test will be held in major cities in Tamil Nadu and at Cochin, Bengaluru, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Vishakapatnam
- Comprehensive Examination (Written Examination)
- It is a written examination containing conventional essay-type questions.
- Questions based on General Topics including
- Social Justice,
- Economic and Social Development,
- Sustainable Development,
- Climate Change,
- Disaster Management,
- Schemes and Policies of the Government of Tamil Nadu,
- Tamil Heritage and Culture.
- Selected candidates will go to the next stage.
- Personal Interview
- The interview will be held in Chennai only
Benefits of Tamil Nadu CM Fellowship
- Tamilnadu CM Fellowship the selected palace will be given a monthly reward of Rs-50,000 and an additional allowance of Rupees- 10,000 from the government to meet their incidental expenses.
- Under this program fellows will be placed under the Chief Minister’s Office/ departments concerned and will monitor and identify issues and a decision making in respect of the assigned programs.
- The selected 30 young professionals to work as follows in the Chief Minister’s Office.
- The scholarship program was aimed at evolving a “Program Structure, with academic rigor drawn from the International best practice of policy and governance for various sectors of Tamil Nadu in partnership with academic Institutions and to develop Key Performance indicators for Service delivery and to compare with Global best practice.
- The primary role of the following is used to monitor, identify issues, and aid data-driven decision-making regarding the assigned programs to address gaps and optimize Service delivery.
- The fellows would undertake field visits to the district to assess the ground situation, elicit feedback and assist in appropriate follow-up actions.
- The fellow who completes the 2-year program will receive a PG certificate in public policy and management from BIM.
- The government will sign an agreement with the Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirapalli, which will select the candidates.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for this fellowship program:-
- The applicant must be above the age of 22 years.
- An applicant must be first class in bachelor’s degree in professional knowledge or first class in Master’s degree in art or science.
- The applicant must have a working knowledge of Tamil because it is mandatory.
- Selected candidates will have to work in Chennai.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Tamilnadu.
- The maximum age limit for the candidate who belongs to the BC/MBC category will be 33 years.
- For the SC/ST category candidates, the maximum age limit will be 35 years.
- The applicant is not eligible to pay any type of application fee to apply for this scholarship program.
Also Read: Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme
Application Procedure for Tamil Nadu CM Fellowship
The applicant will have to follow the following application procedure to apply for the Tamil Nadu CM Fellowship:-
- You will first have to visit the TNCMFP website of the scheme by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage of the scheme will open on your screen.
- You have to click on the option called Click Here To Apply Now
- The application form will open on your screen in a Google docs document.
- You have to start filling out the application form with specifications related to yourself.
- Read the Instructions presented there carefully.
- Enter your email and click on next.
- Now you need to answer all of the questions which will appear on your screen one by one and successfully apply for the fellowship program.
- Make sure to keep your acknowledgment number safe and secure for further procedures related to the fellowship program.
- 14417 is a 24×7 toll free helpline for children below the age of 18 years to protect them from various crimes.