National Indian Students and Alumni Union (NISAU) in partnership with ETS TOEFL has created the UK-India TOEFL Scholarship 2023. This very prestigious scholarship scheme will be provided to people currently studying in prestigious UK Universities and who want to continue their education abroad. 25 Indian students who will be pursuing undergraduate courses will be eligible to apply for this prestigious scholarship opportunity and we will be able to network with the oldest Indian students association. The students must have an Indian passport to apply for the prestigious scholarship successfully and they must also have an offer letter from a University available in the United Kingdom to get the benefit of the scholarship. This scholarship will help the students to continue their education in the UK which is otherwise a costly country.
Objective Of UK-India TOEFL Scholarship 2023
Successful applicants will be able to continue their education and they will be representing the company as a Student ambassador at specific social events which will be happening in the UK. The students will be contributing to marketing and promotional materials available online and they will be expected to be focused on promoting education. The students will also be participating in international student and advisor events that will be conducted by the organization. Students will also have to share their experience and they will be provided monetary benefits through the development of this scheme. The applicants must be genuine applicants and they must be studying in a UG or PG level degree available in the UK Universities but they must have an offer letter.
Also Read: Vivekananda Overseas Education Scheme
- Application Start Date – 18th March 2023
- Application End Date – 31st July 2023
- Scholarship List Notification – 20th August 2023
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must hold an offer letter from a university in the UK
- The applicant must have scored a minimum of 75 out of 120 on the TOEFL test in the last 2 years
- The applicant must be enrolling for the first time at a UK university
Benefits Of The Scheme
- Selected candidates will receive a one-time grant of USD 3,000 within 60 days after ETS India has received a copy of the signed notice of acceptance.
- TOEFL test course report
- An essay on ‘Creating a social impact with a UK-based Education’ (500 words)
- Marksheets from Classes 10 to 12 and graduation (if applicable)
- A panel will select the winners of these scholarships
- The selection will be based on the merits of all of the candidates.
- The applicants will be shortlisted based on the eligibility criteria and the documents that they have submitted.
- The essay that is submitted by the candidates will also be accessed along with the other academic and personal credentials.
- The panel will discuss the motivation behind studying in the UK and the contribution of the grant program to the academic development of the applicant in the UK.
- Previous achievements of the applicants will also be taken into account by the panel to select the applicant.
- 25 applicants will be selected for this scholarship.
Terms and Conditions
- A notification will be sent via email to the selected candidates from ETS India.
- An applicant must not be a party or in any way related to any litigation in India or outside India.
- The selection criteria for all the applicants are assessed in a non-discriminatory, confidential, efficient, and transparent manner. No request for reconsideration of results or notification of outcome will be accepted.
- Meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee that the applicant will receive the scholarship.
- ETS India reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship of the successful recipient due to the applicant’s ineligibility or non-adherence to the terms and conditions.
- The successful recipient of the scholarship will act as an ambassador for TOEFL and participate in advertising campaigns or international events to promote TOEFL and other products offered by ETS India.
- After the completion of the course, successful recipients are required to speak to other potential applicants as a global alumni. They will speak about the scholarship program and their personal experiences regarding the whole process.
- A successful recipient might need to repay the scholarship amount in full or pro-rata basis based on the decision of ETS India.
- In case of a medical emergency, a recipient can withdraw the scholarship amount. However, medical reports are required to be submitted to ETS India.
- The responsibility of ETS India is only limited to the extent of payment of the scholarship amount (in INR) to the successful candidates in their indicated bank accounts.
- ETS India has absolute discretion in the grant of scholarship and any decision of ETS India in this regard will be final and binding on the applicants.
- Any disputes arising out of these terms and conditions and/or grant of the UK-India TOEFL Scholarship will be subject to the courts of New Delhi, India.
Also Read: Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Overseas Scholarship
UK-India TOEFL Scholarship 2023 Application Process
- You will first have to visit the TOEFL website of the scholarship scheme by clicking on the link given here
- The details related to this scholarship will open on your screen
- To participate, applicants must submit:
- Their TOEFL test score report,
- An essay on ‘Creating a social impact with a UK-based Education’ [500 words],
- A list of personal & academic achievements.
- Scroll down and the application form will open on your screen.
- Fill out all of the information and then submit your scholarship application.
- ETS TOEFL
- Email Id – TOEFLSupport4India@ets.org
- Telephone Number – 1800-123-9418 (8 am to 8 pm, 7 days a week)
UK-India TOEFL Scholarship 2023 FAQs
Any institute in the United Kingdom where you have to be accepted into an academic program starting between August 2023 and March 2024 and have a TOEFL test score of 75 out of 120.
The applicants will be selected on the basis of the essay that they have submitted and also the motivation they have behind studying in the UK.
The selected recipients of the grant will be notified via e-mail on 20th August 2023.
You need to visit the official website of this scholarship and then the application form will open on your screen. You can now submit the application form with your important information.