The Unified International English Olympiad UIEO 2023 is conducted by the United Council every year. The Olympiad aims to assess the knowledge of school students in the English language. English is the language most widely used for communication and the first global lingua franca. In the modern era, English happens to be the most popular and the most spoken language. Children who know English not only excel in exams but are known to do well in practically every aspect of their dealings. Assignment of one’s language skills is the key to identifying and measuring one’s “educational achievement”.
What Is UIEO 2023?
People’s lives around the world are shaped by the outcome of such assessments, which they receive as a part of the education process. The students from classes 2nd to 10th can apply to the Unified International English Olympiad. The pattern of examination is different for various classes. Those who are interested in taking part in this Olympiad should continue to read this article where we provide detailed information about UIEO 2023.
Also Read: Smart India Hackathon
Key Highlights of UIEO
|Conducted by||United Council|
|Name of examination||Unified International English Olympiad|
|Awards||Memento, medal, or certificate|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students from 2nd to 10th|
|Examination date||Updated Soon|
|Application deadline||Updated Soon|
Objective of UIEO
The aim of the Unified International English Olympiad is to assess the knowledge of school students in the English language. English is a language that is widely used for communication and is the most popular language. Hence UIEO’s effort is to present its students with an all-encompassing assessment that will place them at the threshold of easier learning and mastering the language of the world, in the easiest and the quickest way.
It is extremely useful as it helps to shape the future of an individual and plays a critical role in the process of laying the foundation for his/her career.
Benefits and Awards of UIEO
- The top Rankers and the next 2 Rankers in each class are awarded a Laptop and a Tablet PC + Memento + Medal, each.
- The next 12 rankers of each class (Ranks 4-15) are awarded a cash prize of Rs. 1000 each.
- The top 100 rankers in each class are awarded an Olympiad Coach Online Subscription worth Rs. 1198,.
- The top 100 rankers from each class (2-4) will be awarded Hand Book of Science – Junior and from classes (5-10) will be awarded Awesome English, a Medal, and a Certificate of Appreciation.
Prizes For Zone Toppers
- The top 3 rankers in each Zone are awarded an Olympiad Coach Online Subscription worth Rs. 1198,, a Medal, and a Certificate of Appreciation.
Note: Zone-wise ranks are declared after excluding the top 100 ranks across the country.
- We declare 3 Class Toppers per class in each school. Class Toppers are awarded a medal and a Certificate of Appreciation.
- Certificate and Student Performance Report (SPR) for all the participants.
The eligibility criteria for Unified International English Olympiad is very important for the aspirants to make sure that they are eligible before applying for the application form.
- Students of classes 2, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 & 10 are eligible to participate in this examination.
The tentative dates for Unified International English Olympiad 2023 are given below:
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Last date for the receipt of the application||Updated Soon|
|Date of Examination||Updated Soon|
|Declaration of result||Updated Soon|
United Council UIEO 2023 Exam Pattern
Those aspirants who are preparing for the examination must know the United Council UIEO Exam Pattern 2023 given below.
- Mode of examination: Online
- Type of questions: Objective type Multiple Choice Questions
- Number of questions: 35 (class 2nd to 4th) and 50 (Class 5th to 10th)
- Duration of the examination: 1 hour
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Maximum marks: 35 (class 2nd to 4th) and 50 (Class 5th to 10th)
- Negative marking: Not applicable
United Council UIEO 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus is different for all the classes. Important topics for various classes are given below.
- 2nd Class: Parts of speech (Elementary), Articles, Numbers, Rhyming words, Simple tenses, Punctuation, Gender, spelling, Picture composition, Jumbled letters of a word, Jumbled words of a sentence, etc.
- 3rd Class: Parts of speech (Elementary), Simple tenses, Irregular verbs, Modals (of ability and permission, etc.), Basic questions, Punctuation, Number, spelling, Cloze text, Synonyms, etc.
- 4th Class: Parts of speech, Simple tenses, Irregular verbs, Modals (of ability, permission, etc.), Arranging words in alphabetical order, Cloze text, Basic questions, Error correction, etc.
- 5th Class: Parts of speech, Tenses, Irregular verbs, Modals, Quantifiers, Spellings, Error correction, Cloze text, Collocations, Phrasal verbs, Idioms, Homonyms, and homophones, etc.
- 6th Class: Parts of speech, Tenses, Continuous tenses, Modal verbs of (necessity/obligation, etc.), Subject-verb Agreement, Spellings, Error corrections, Collocations, Phrasal verbs, Idioms, etc.
- 7th Class: Perfect tenses, Prepositions, Modals, Adjectives, Adverbs, Conjunctions, Direct-Indirect speech, Word order, Phrasal verbs, Active-Passive voice, Error correction, etc.
- 8th Class: Prepositional phrases, Participle phrases, Tenses, Question tags, Conditionals, Reported speech, Quotation marks, Spellings, Collocations, Phrasal verbs, Idioms, Homonyms and homophones, Modals, Cloze text, Clauses, etc.
- 9th Class: Same word used in different parts of speech, Concord, Question forms, Tenses, Conditionals, Modals, Reported speech, Collocations, Phrasal verbs, Idioms, Homonyms, and homophones, etc.
- 10th Class: Concord, Question forms, Tenses, Conditionals, Modals, Collocations, Phrasal Verbs, Cloze text, Differentiating between Fact/ Opinion / Inference, Idioms, Homonyms, and homophones.
Also Read: SOF Scholarship of Excellence in English
Application Procedure for UIEO 2023
The application form for United Council UIEO 2022 will be released online mode. Those who want to apply submit the application form either through the official website or through their school. Details about both the modes of application are as follows.
- The applicant who wants to apply under UIEO can visit the Unified International English Olympiad website for online registration.
- On the official website, candidates have to register by providing some of their basic details like name, email address, etc.
- Then, aspirants may log in and access the main application form.
- In the application form, you have to enter your details such as educational, personal, and contact details.
- After filling all the details correctly in the application form you have to click on the submit button for the final submission of the application form.
- Apart from the details, it is also compulsory to upload the scanned image of the passport size photograph.
- The application form must be submitted along with the application fee before the last date.
Registration Through the School
- Apart from online, the application form can also be submitted through the school.
- In this mode, the students have to collect the application form from the school.
- The candidates have to enter their complete educational, personal, and contact details in the application form.
- The details entered in the application form must be authentic.
- The school will submit the application fee on behalf of all the candidates through a common demand draft.
The application or registration fee for United Council UIEO 2023 is Rs. 354/-
- The result will be made available 15 days after the examination.
- Along with the result, every participant will get a digital certificate and Student Performance Report (SPR)
- As per the marks secured in the examination, candidates will be ranked.
- In case more than one student gets an equal score, the priority for awarding ranks will be according to the marks acquired in the specified order of sections in the question paper.