To encourage the girl students many schemes are initiated by the government as well as private organizations. Today we are going to talk about one of the initiatives of the lotus Petal Foundation located in Gurgaon since 2011. The organization is working in the area of education, nutrition, and livelihood. The name of the initiative is Winnie Sun Scholarship for Girls. If you desire to get detailed information, you should read the section of this article. Eligibility criteria, selection process, application process along with the direct apply link, and much other information this article is furnished specially for our readers.
About Winnie Sun Scholarship for Girls 2023
Winnie Sun Scholarship has been started by the Lotus Petal Foundation. This scholarship scheme is for meritorious but financially challenged girl students. Under the scholarship scheme, beneficiaries will get financial benefits. The benefits will be given to the beneficiary to pursue their academic qualification in the field of medicine, engineering, nursing, and pharmacy. If you are a girl child and meet the eligibility conditions set by the authorities then get the opportunity to submit the application form. The application form-filling process is online which is detailed below step by step.
Highlights Of Winnie Sun Scholarship
- Name of the scheme: Winnie Sun Scholarship
- Launched by: Lotus Patel Foundation
- Launched for: girl students
- Benefits: Financial
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: lotusfetalfoundation.org
Lotus Petal Foundation is a Gurgaon-based nonprofit organization. It has been working since 2011 to help underprivileged people enter employment through its initiatives in the fields of education, healthcare, and skill development. By giving girl students from underprivileged families financial support for post-Grade XII higher professional education, the scholarship aims to enable them to realize their full potential. In collaboration with Concentrix Daksh Services India Pvt. Ltd., it offers financial aid up to Rs. 65,000/- per year for the duration of the academic course (Fees + Living Expenses + Travel, etc.) to girl students who have secured their admission in any Govt. or Private college.
- The application portal will be opened on 1st December 2022 and the last date to apply for this scholarship is 31st December 2022.
Objective Of Winnie Sun Scholarship
The objective of the Lotus Petal Foundation behind the scholarship is to provide an opportunity to the girl students who are financially challenged to complete their higher education. This program will make girls independent and empower them to become women leaders in their community.
Benefits Of Winnie Sun Scholarship
Beneficiaries who get selected for the scholarship program will get assistance up to rupees 65000 per annum for the duration of the academic course. The scholarship amount can use to meet the expenses like fees, living costs, travel costs, etc.
All those students who fulfill the further mentioned eligibility conditions can grab the benefits under Winnie Sun Scholarship:
- Should be an Indian girl
- Should have secured admission in medicine (MBBS/ BDS), engineering, nursing, or pharmacy course
- Students who are in the first or second year of the course can also apply
- The annual income of the applicant’s family should not be more than 500000 rupees per annum
- Applicant must have completed his/ her 10th and 12th standard with at least 70% marks (SC/ST/OBC 60%) from a recognized school by the state or Central Board
- Aadhar card
- Family income proof
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- Entrance Exam admit card/result sheet
- Admission confirmation letter/ fee receipt for the applied course
- For selection first of all verification of documents and eligibility will check
- After document verification interviews of the students along with parents or guardians will conduct
- Students who get selection for interview background will check by the authorities
- Student’s parents have to sign an agreement with the Lotus Petal Foundation
- Final selected students will get the scholarship amount directly in their respective bank accounts.
Winnie Sun Scholarship Application Procedure
- To apply for the scholarship, you have to go to the official website of the Lotus Petal Foundation
- From the home page of the portal, you have to go to the program option which is available in the menu bar
- A for the list will open from where you have to select education and then the scholarship option
- A new page will open where you will see the Winnie Sun scholarship
- Read the information available on the page and choose to apply now option given there and a new page will open
- Again, choose Apply Now option to open the application form
- A new page along with the application form will open on the screen where you have to provide the following details
- Applicant full name
- Father’s/ Husband’s name
- Father’s/ Husband’s profession
- Mother’s profession
- Total number of family members
- Total annual income
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Email ID
- Phone number etc.
- Complete the application form and upload the documents listed above
- Review the application form once and press submit button to submit the application after reading the declaration
The applicant must consider the following important points to apply for this scholarship:-
- Read the scholarship form carefully, and check that all your details are correct before submitting your application.
- Education expenses will pay directly to the institution post confirmation of admission in the eligible course and submitting the mandatory documents.
- Rest will give as impress with a monthly cycle of reimbursements to top up base on bill submission.
- Submission of an application does not confirm the grant of a scholarship to the applicant.
- Keep ready scan copies of all the below-mentioned documents before filling out the online application form.
- Academic Record / Marks Sheet – (10th / 12th)
- Aadhar Card
- Admit card or result of entrance exam
- Admission confirmation letter or fee paid receipt from the college for the eligible course.
- Valid income proof: –
- FOR IT PAYER: Last three months’ Pay slips; I.T. Assessment of the previous year; Salary certificate from Employer.
- FOR NON-IT PAYER: Income Certificate issued from Zilla Parishad /block/tahsildar/ Local Government Authority.) / Signed Affidavit.
- At the time of the interview/counseling, the students need to present the original copy of all the above-mentioned documents.
- Qualifying for the Personal Interview round is mandatory for all courses.
- In the case of virtual counseling, the original documents need to present at the time of the handover of the scholarship. If found any discrepancy, the application will get reject.
- The admission letter from the college needs to present prior to the disbursement of the scholarship. The application will cancel if not provide within the stipulated time.