Young India Fellowship 2023 to relate all the details are available in this article. Young India Fellowship is an initiative of Ashoka University. This initiative is especially for the students. The fellowship is offering a Post-Graduate Diploma program in Liberal Studies & Leadership. Friends if you are interested in knowing detailed information then you must read this article very carefully where you will get eligibility conditions, important dates, benefits of the scheme, application process, and many more including selection process information.
What Is Young India Fellowship 2023?
Young India Fellowship is the flagship scheme of Ashoka University. Under this scheme, students will get an offer to pursue post-graduate diploma courses in liberal studies and leadership. Students may have the choice to convert the diploma program into a research-based master’s degree program. The fellows under this program can pursue the courses offered by the partner universities. If you are a graduate/ degree holder and fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply. Under this scheme, students will get financial benefits along with some other benefits.
Also Read: Prime Minister Research Fellowship (PMRF)
Highlights Of Young India Fellowship
- Name of the scheme: Young India Fellowship
- Launched by: Ashoka University
- Launched for: students
- Benefits: monetary and other benefits
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: Young Fellowship
- Carleton College,
- University of Pennsylvania,
- Sciences Po,
- University of Michigan,
- King’s College London,
- UC Berkeley,
- Yale University,
- Wellesley College
- Trinity College Dublin
Objective Of Young India Fellowship
The young India Fellowship program’s main aim is to improve the standard of higher education in India. This program also allows the students to get an education by using a more expensive and engaging learning module that is currently available in the country.
Benefits Of Young India Fellowship
The fellowship program is beneficial for the students in many ways. Some of the benefits are as under
- This program is not stuck by a particular subject, it is a multi-disciplinary program hence the program enables multiple perspectives through experiential learning modules.
- Students who get selected under this program will be taught by a variety of outstanding teachers from India.
- Along with the academic curriculum, some inspiring guest lectures will also be conducted by the global achievers.
- This program will also help the students in developing and expressing their own ideas
- Moreover, students will also get financial support from the authorities on the basis of their financial background. The YIF scholarship will cover Tuition expenses for Lectures and Workshops, Resident cost, Cost of reading and course material, library subscriptions and shared textbooks in full or partial.
|Merit Scholarship on Tuition||INR 50,000|
|25% Scholarship on Tuition||INR 178750|
|50% Scholarship on Tuition||INR 357500|
|75% Scholarship on Tuition||INR 536250|
|Full Tuition Scholarship||INR 715000|
|Full Scholarship||INR 900000|
- Applicants should have passed undergraduate or postgraduate degrees in any discipline from recognized universities.
- The applicant’s age should not be more than 28 years
- Applicant should have good written and verbal communication skills
The selection criteria of the Ashoka University for the young India fellowship is as under:
- Firstly, the application submitted by the students will be shortlisted
- Selection of the deserving candidates will be made for the next round
- Selected candidates have to attend a telephonic interview round
- The result of the telephonic interview will be declared and selected candidates have to go for comprehension test and personal interview
- Comprehension test will be held just before the interview
- Students who get selected in interview round will get the intimation of the result on call or by email
- Scanned signature
- Scanned photograph
- Previous academic reports
- Age proof
- Address proof
- Aadhar Card etc
|Start date of submission of application||July- August|
|Last Date of submission of the application||November- December|
|Final Offers to Selected Candidates||February- March|
|Start date of submission of application||November- December|
|Last Date of submission of the application||15th March 2023|
|Final Offers to Selected Candidates||April – May|
|Start date of submission of application||January- February|
|Last Date of submission of the application||March- April|
|Final Offers to Selected Candidates||May- June|
|Offers to Waitlisted Candidates||June- July|
Also Check: Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
Young India Fellowship 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for the fellowship, you have to follow the mentioned steps
- First of all, you have to register with the Ashoka University portal. To do so you have to create an account open the Young Fellowship website
- From the home page of the portal, you have to choose to apply button which is available in the menu bar
- No, you have to click the new registration option from the new page that appeared on the screen
- From the open page, you have to select the program as a young India fellowship
- The press continues button and the new page will appear
- To register you may register with your Google account or by entering your email id and creating a password
- Select your way to register and press the next button
- Fill in the registration details and complete the registration process.
- Now login with the portal by using your email id and password
- Start filling in the details by following the screen
- Personal and contact details
- Academic details
- Employment details if any
- Extra-curricular activities detail
- Parents/ guardian detail
- Referee details
- Server details etc.
- Upload all the significant documents as required
- Review your application once and submit it
- Address: Plot No. 2, Rajiv Gandhi Education City, National Capital Region P.O.Rai, Sonepat Haryana-131029 (India)
- Phone: +91-130-2300000
- Email: email@example.com