A new scholarship opportunity is available by the organization through which the candidates will be provided with a fellowship. You can apply for this National Doctoral Fellowship (NDF) 2021-22 by reading the article given below. The article is given below talks about the eligibility criteria which is required for the candidates if they are planning to apply for this fellowship program. We have also shared with all of you the detailed procedure through which you can easily apply for the AICTE National Doctoral Fellowship (NDF) 2021-22.
AICTE National Doctoral Fellowship (NDF) 2021-22
You can apply for this scholarship program if you are a full-time research scholar who wants to seek admission in Ph.D. courses in the approved Technical institution by AICTE. This is a prestigious scholarship program that is initiated to promote collaborative research between institutions and industries to start up small businesses and research startups. You can apply for the scholarship by following the eligibility criteria and filling up the application form from the official website of the organization.
Details Of AICTE National Doctoral Fellowship
|Name||AICTE National Doctoral Fellowship (NDF) 2021|
|Objective||Providing fellowship opportunities|
|Official site||Click Here|
|Online Application Form||Third week of April|
|Last date of Application Form||Second week of May|
|Release date of list of students eligible for the interview session||Third week of May|
|Start date of interviews conducted at selected institutes||Third week of May|
|End date of interviews conducted at selected institutes||Last week of June|
|List of selected candidates and their allotted institutes||First week of July|
|Reporting date at the institute||Third week of July|
|Reporting date for candidates on the waiting list||Third week of July|
You must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:-
- AICTE will grant fellowship to 2 candidates per QIP approved under AICTE. Each QIP will conduct the selection procedure as per the eligibility criteria for the grant of the National Doctoral Fellowship.
- A QIP centre can only grant a maximum of 2 scholarships.
- Scholar willing to get fellowship must have obtained at least 75% or above in aggregate at the M.Tech level. Also, along with aggregate, the candidate should have passed and qualified GATE in the last five years.
- The age of the candidate as of August 31st of the year of application should be less than 30 years of age. Five years of relaxation will be applicable for candidates belonging to reserved categories, i.e. SC/ST, physically challenged category, women, etc.
Intake & Duration
The scholarship will be provided based on the following intake and duration:-
- AICTE has approved a limited number of candidates. The number is limited to 50 each year for the scheme. Each QIP centre will be allowed only two scholarships.
- The duration of the NDF scheme is 3 years. Authorities do not grant any further extension. However, a six months extension can be granted only in exceptional cases with the approval of the National Nodal Centre and the recommendation of the institute. After this, again the authorities can provide an extension of six months only with the support of AICTE.
AICTE National Doctoral Fellowship Benefits
The applicant will be liable to get the following benefits in this scholarship:-
- The expenditure of the AICTE NDF fellowship is a matter of concern for candidates seeking scholarships.
- Applicants will receive the fellowship amount of INR 28,000 per month + the house rent where the candidate will be staying (if the hostel/institute accommodation is not available). The rates are as per the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education.
AICTE National Doctoral Fellowship Implementation Process
The implementation procedure for the scholarship is listed below:-
- Candidates will get selected by the respective QIP Centre.
- AICTE will assess the proposal presented by the QIP centre.
- A three-member committee will evaluate the recommendation.
- Committee will consist of Associate Professor and at least one member expert from the concerned stream.
Terms and Conditions for AICTE National Doctoral Fellowship
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions to apply for the scholarship:-
- The Awardee will have to submit their annual report via the head of the institute after completion of each year.
- The award shall not be permitted to transfer from the Institution where he/she has been presently working during the complete tenure of the award.
- He/she must dedicate full time to research during the term of Fellowship.
- The Awardee will not be allowed for any other part-time/full-time assignment.
- In case the Awardee gets any honour or allowance during the period of Fellowship, it should have the approval of the Council.
- The Awardee will have to sign a declaration that the patent right should be with the candidate and the institute, to protect the results of the research from commercial exploitation.
- After the selection of the outstanding candidate, each QIP centre will have to submit the bank details of the beneficiary. The particulars must duly seed Aadhar to release the Fellowship amount right to his/her account through DBT.
- The candidate may also read the service conditions mentioned in the MHRD, Department of Higher Education (Technical Section-I) instruction notified vide F. Number 17-2/2014-TS.
Application Procedure AICTE National Doctoral Fellowship
To apply for the scholarship you will be required to follow the following application procedure:-
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of NDS by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage of the organisation will be displayed on your screen
- You have to click on the Apply Online button present on the home page
- The application form will be displayed on your screen
- You have to fill up the application form successfully
- Submit the application fees of Rupees 500 for general categories and Rupees 250 for reserved categories
- Download the duly filled application form
- Post the hard copy of the application form to the following address-
- Nelson Mandela Marg,
- Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
- Nelson Mandela Marg,
- Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
- Phone Number-