Here is the list of the topmost Postdoctoral Fellowship Universities in India. Be it full-time or part-time, Institutes in India offer it all for interested candidates. Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India 2023 is awarded for different specializations like- Engineering, Science, Biomedical, Mathematics, and Social Sciences. SERB, DBT, IITs, IIMs, and ISRO are some great institutes that offer outstanding fellowships in India.
About Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India
Students who are searching for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India are on the right page because we are going to provide you with all the details of the Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India. There are many fellowships that are provided to the students to pursue their field of education in various Governmental and nongovernmental organizations. Here is the list of Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India that you must check.
SERB National Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) National Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India is aims to identify motivated young researchers and provide them support for doing research in frontier areas of science and engineering. The fellows will work under a mentor, and it is hope that this training will provide them a platform to develop as independent researchers.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must have obtained Ph.D./M.D./M.S. degree from a recognized University. Those who have submitted their Ph.D./M.D/M.S thesis and are awaiting the award of the degree are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates, if selects, will offer a lower fellowship amount till they qualify for the eligible degree.
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 35 years at the time of the submission of the application, age will be calculated by taking the date of closure of the respective call. Age relaxation of 5 (five) years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenge & Women candidates.
55,000/- p.m. + HRA (Rs. 35,000/ p.m. + HRA for candidates who have submit the thesis but degree not yet get award
ICSSR Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Indian Council of Social Science Research ICSSR Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India is to encourage and retain young Indian social science scholars who have completed their pH.D. and want to pursue a regular career in teaching and research. The applicants should have a high potential and promise for conducting full-time research on specific topics and issues. These studies are expects to contribute to theoretical and conceptual advancement in different disciplines, help to generate fieldwork-based empirical data, and contribute toward policymaking.
Duration and Value of Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship is full-time research work.
- The duration of the fellowship is for 2 hours.
- The value of a Post-Doctoral Fellowship is Rs-31000/- for months and a contingency grant of Rs-25000/- per annum.
- A fellowship is entitle to salary and allowance admissible as per rules and contingency grant of Rs-25,000/- p.a. However special allowances like children’s education allowance, medical reimbursement, LTC, etc. are not admissible from ICSSR. The parent institution may, however, pay/reimburse the same as per its rule.
- The fellows will also get leave salary and pension contribution for a contribution towards CPF and gratuity for the period for which he/she holds the ICSSR fellowship as per rules of the parent institution.
Eligibility Criteria for Post Doctoral Fellowship
- The application should not be more than 45 years of age. There shall be an Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ ST/Persons with disability.
- The candidate must possess a pH.D.degree in any of the social science disciplines.
- A fellow must affiliate themselves to an ICSSR Research Institute of National importance, which is approved by the government research institute/ public-funded Indian University including deemed universities and colleges having approved Ph.D. program and requisite research infrastructure of their choice.
Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are design for Indian faculty and researchers who are in the early stages of their research careers in India. The Postdoctoral Research Fellowships will provide opportunities to talented faculty and researchers to strengthen their research capacities.
Fields: Agricultural Sciences; Anthropology; Bioengineering; Climate Change Sciences, Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cybersecurity, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data analytics); Economics; Education Policy and Planning; Energy Studies; History; International Law; International Security and Strategic Studies; Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications); Mathematical Sciences; Neurosciences; Performing Arts; Physical Sciences; Public Health; Public Policy; Sociology; Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management); Visual Arts; and Women’s and Gender Studies.
The applicant must have a Ph.D. or a DM degree within the past four years.
UGC D. S. Kothari Fellowships
Dr. D. S. Kothari’s Postdoctoral Fellowship (DSKPDF) Scheme was introduced by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in 2007. On the recommendation of the Empowered Committee (EC) chaired by Professor M. M. Sharma. In addition to the existing RA/PDF positions provide by various funding agencies, a need was felt for PDF schemes running in a flexible mode, with fast track, online handling, and decision making.
Normal fellowship for the First, Second, and third years is Rs. 43,400/-, Rs. 45,000/-, and Rs. 46,500/- respectively. Higher fellowship for First, Second, and third-year: Rs. 46,500/-. The Fellow is provided with a contingency grant of Rs. 1,00,000 p.a.
Aspirants below 35 years of age (Up to 3, 5, and 10 years of age relaxation for OBC, SC/ST/Women, and physically handicap respectively is admissible), who are get award a Ph. D. degrees under science faculty are eligible to apply. It is necessary that the candidate identifies a Mentor (affiliated to University/Institute wherein DSK Fellowship is tenable) for his/her postdoctoral Research work and obtains his/her consent for the mentorship.
Raman Post Doctoral Fellowship (IISc)
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has been recognized as an Institution of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India. As a part of the IoE initiative, IISc has created the Raman Post-Doc Program, a highly selective Post-Doc program with 50 positions. The Institute invites applications for intensely motivated individuals with an established record of high-quality research, for the positions of Raman Post-Docs. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), and foreign nationals are also eligible to apply.
Selected candidates will receive a consolidated monthly package of Rs. 1 Lakh. In addition, they will receive a research grant of Rs. 8 Lakhs per year.
Ph.D. with First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) in the preceding degree and a good academic record throughout. Candidates who are expecting to submit their Ph.D. thesis shortly may also apply but their applications will consider only after thesis submission. Candidates should preferably be less than 32 years of age at the time of applying.
IGIDR Post Doctoral Fellowship
The Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) Programme has insitute in IGIDR as part of its outreach activities. Its objective is to support high-quality research by scholars with doctoral degrees and outstanding academic records. Up to three fellowships are available per year. The fellowships are grants for an initial period of one year, which can extend by a maximum of one more year.
Post-Doctoral Fellows will receive a consolidated amount of Rs.70,000/- per month for a maximum period of two years.
Applicants should be resident Indians, under 40 years of age, secured a minimum of 55% aggregate marks or equivalent in the Master’s degree, and should have obtained a Ph.D. degree in the broad areas of Economics or Energy and Environment Policy.
NITIE Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2023
NITIE post-doctoral fellowship program is presented by the National Institute of Industrial Engineering. This scholarship is only available for people who have completed their PhD program. The monthly stipend will be available to the people who are applying for the fellowship program. The applications can be submitted online. Students will also be provided accommodation facilities on the official campus if they are applying for this fellowship program. Along with other benefits students are provided financial opportunities also.
- The application should be an Indian
- The age of the application should not be more than 35 years
- Applicant must hold a PhD degree or equivalent
- Applicant must have published quality research work patent to their credit
- A monthly stipend of INR 60000 in the first year and 65000 in the second year of fellowship
- A contingent grant of INR 50000 per annum will be given
- Accommodation facilities on the campus
VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2023
This fellowship program is created for people who are currently pursuing PhD degrees at New York University. Students will be provided opportunities to take into account PhD in different subjects associated with the university. The VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship will provide financial assistance along with healthcare and other facilities to the applicants. A research proposal is to be submitted in order to successfully get the benefit of the fellowship program.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree from our national or International Institution.
- Be doing Postdoctoral research which is aligned with the VISTA program under the supervision of a VISTA Core member.
- An applicant should provide evidence of excellence in their field.
- Minimum $55,000/year for up to 2 years + Annual research allowance $7,500 + Annual networking allowance $1,000.
AIIMS Bhubaneswar Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2023
This fellowship program was created by an Indian organization known as AIIMS. The fellowship is only available for students who are currently studying in Bhubaneswar. Online applications are currently open for people who are pursuing Ph.D. degrees in the organization. If you meet the eligibility criteria you will be considered for AIIMS Bhubaneswar Post-Doctoral Fellowship created by the organization. Students have to submit the application with the application fees prescribed by the authorities.
- Applicants must possess doctorate degrees like MBBS/ MD/ MS/ DNB/ PDF/ PDCC/ DM in the respective discipline
- The age of the application should not be more than 45 years
- Monthly salary of Rs. 67,700/- as per 7th CPC, Level –11 of the Pay Matrix + NPA plus other usual Allowances as admissible under rules (Rs. 18,750 + 6600(Grade Pay) + NPA plus other usual Allowances as admissible under rules)
- Applicants will get 24 days of paid leave per year
Dr. S. Radharkrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2023
The fellowship program is created in order to honor a famous scientist in India. The Dr. S. Radharkrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship is an initiative by the University Grants Commission. Students who have completed their PhD but do not have a proper job will be eligible to apply for the fellowship program. There are 200 slots available under this prestigious fellowship program created by the organization. The slots are filled through a selected procedure presented by the authorities so you must apply accordingly.
- The age of the candidates should not be more than 35 years.
- Relaxation will be given by 5 years for the SC/ST/OBC/Women/PWD (Persons with Disabilities) category.
- Unemployed candidates are eligible to apply for the fellowship
- The minimum marks of the candidates at the UG level should be 55% (50% for reserved category) and 60% at the PG Level (55% for reserved category)
- Rs. 38,800/- for 1st year Rs. 40,300/- for 2nd year Rs. 41,900/- for 3rd year
Post-Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates 2023
Students who belong to the scheduled caste and scheduled tribe category are provided with a chance to apply for the post-doctoral fellowship program especially available to them. Post-Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates is available by the government of India through the University Grants Commission and you can apply for the fellowship program by visiting the official website. Applicants must have a legal Ph.D. degree in order to apply for this prestigious fellowship program and then only they will be selected to get the rewards.
- You must have a doctorate degree in the relevant subject.
- The age of the candidates should not be more than 50 years as of the last date of receipt of online applications and 55 years in the case of females.
- Unemployed candidates are eligible to apply for the fellowship
- The minimum marks of the candidates at the UG level should be 50% and at PG Level 55% marks.
- Rs.38,800-p.m. first two yearsRs.46,500/-p.m. third years onwards
UGC Post-Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates 2023
Another important fellowship program is created by the UGC organization but this one is especially available for female students. Female students can fill out the application form for the scholarship after they have completed their Ph.D. program. Students from all over the world can fill out the application form for the scholarship but there are only 100 slots available for UGC Post-Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates. Applications will be available on the official website of UGC. Students can fill out the application for the program as soon as possible to be considered for the program.
- The candidate should be unemployed.
- The candidates must have been awarded the Ph.D. degree to be eligible to apply (A provisional Certificate may be accepted in case the degree is not awarded).
- The candidate should be 55 years of age as of the last date of submission of the online application. There shall be age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD (Persons with Disabilities for 5 years.
- In the case of the general category minimum of 55% of marks at the UG level and a minimum of 60% of marks at the PG level. For reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PWD), a minimum of 50% of marks at the UG level and a minimum of 55% of marks at the PG level.
- Candidates applying for PDFs must upload the No Objection Certificate from the proposed research center duly signed by the HOD and Registrar/Principal/ Director of the University/College/Institute as per Annexure-I.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per the Govt. of India norms.
- Rs.38,800/–p.m. for fresh candidates. Rs.46,500/–p.m. after two years.
KSCSTE Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023
Another one of the very famous fellowship programs is the KSCSTE Post Doctoral Fellowship which is an initiative of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology, and Environment. This fellowship program is only currently available for people who have taken their Ph.D. degree in Kerala state. The PhD degree must be from science or engineering and you must have studied in the Kerala state in order to get that degree. The application for the fellowship program will be available on the official website of the organization to be filled out by the students who are interested. You must also follow the eligibility criteria before filling out the fellowship program.
- Applicant should be a permanent resident of Kerala
- Applicant must hold a Ph.D. degree in Science / Engineering
- An applicant must have scored at least 60% marks in post-graduation
- Applicant must desire to pursue research in the area of
- Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Physical, Chemical, and mathematical sciences
- At least one research paper of the applicant must be published in an SCI Journal/ secured patent
- Applicants who already hold postdoctoral fellowships are not eligible to apply again.
- The age of the applicant should not be more than 40 years (45 years for SC/ ST)
- This fellowship program is only for the 20 eligible candidates
- Selected fellows will get Rs.45,000/-+ 10 % HRA p.m
- An annual contingent grant of rupees 75000 will also be given
IITTNiF CHANAKYA Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023
This fellowship program is specially presented for the people who are currently studying at IIT Tirupati. The IITTNiF CHANAKYA Post Doctoral Fellowship is available only for people who are currently in their master’s degree or any other equivalent degree in science or Technology. People will be provided with the fellowship program only if they will continue their research in the prescribed subject by the University. The financial amount will be provided to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries along with other benefits that include having connections with experts in the matter. The applicants will also have to defend their thesis in order to get the financial awards delivered to their bank accounts.
- Possess an M.Tech./M.E./M.S./M.Sc./B.S.-M.S. degree or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Have secured a minimum CGPA of 7.5 or 75% equivalent until the last semester of their program.
- Have completed their Ph.D. program or successfully defended their Ph.D. thesis.
- Have published at least two research papers in well-regarded peer-reviewed journals.
- The selected fellows will receive a monthly stipend of INR 80,000 plus HRA (House Rent Allowance) as per norms. The fellowship is tenable for a maximum period of two years.
Subir Chowdhury Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023
London School of Economics and Political Science has developed the Subir Chaudhary postdoctoral fellowship. This program is available for a period of 3 months during each academic year. Applicants will be examining people’s quality and behavior in the economics of Asian nations. Students will be libel to finish their research paper and then they will have to make a presentation in front of the authorities. The Subir Chowdhury Post Doctoral Fellowship is only available for PhD holders for a duration of 3 months and financial assessments will be provided so that they can stay in London and defend their thesis. The scholarship is only available for a number of people based on the eligibility criteria mentioned on the official website.
- Applicants should have been awarded their Ph.D. Diploma or degree students are not eligible.
- Applicants should be early career researchers examining the impact of people’s quality and behavior on the economies of Asian nations, prioritizing but not restricted to, India and Bangladesh.
- The Fellowship allows any scholar to participate in the program regardless of ethnicity or national origin.
- The applying candidates should be early career researchers working on the impact of people’s quality and behavior on economies.
- A monthly subsistence allowance of up to GBP 1,750
- Shared workspaces and access to research facilities at the School
- Assistance towards the cost of travel and related expenses
Sir Ratan Tata Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023
London School of Economics and Political Science is presenting a scholarship in partnership with the Ratan Tata Trust. The fellowship will provide proper research opportunities to the students so that they can complete their Ph.D. programs and get financial rewards. There are a number of subjects that are involved in this fellowship program but this is only available for PhD scholars. Sir Ratan Tata Post Doctoral Fellowship is available for a period of 6 months and it will provide monthly financial assistance to the students to complete their education and to conduct the research accordingly. Students can check out the major information about the eligibility criteria needed to apply for the fellowship from the pointers given below:
- Applicants should have been awarded their PhD degrees.
- The Applicants should have started their research work on social science with a focus on South Asia.
- Applicants should be employed at a recognized institution in the SAARC region which includes Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
- Travel and Research expenses are covered.
- The Fellow will receive a monthly subsistence allowance of up to £1,750 a month, and will also be provided with a shared workspace and access to research facilities at the School.
Chief Minister’s Nava Kerala Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023
This scholarship is only available for Kerala students. The research will be promoted on different subjects as assigned by the authorities. Students who are currently pursuing PhD in Kerala state can apply for this prestigious fellowship. The Chief Minister’s Nava Kerala Post Doctoral Fellowship will be provided for Rs 1 lakh to all the applicants who have registered for the scholarship. The duration for the fellowship program is 2 years and the research work will be carried out in any university inside Kerala state. The research work will be taught by a specific teacher who is assigned by the authorities of the Kerala Government and then only the financial assistance will be provided to the applicant.
- Applicant should be a Keralite in origin and should possess a PhD degree in Science, Technology, Social Science, Arts, and Humanities.
- All experts both in India and abroad can apply for these fellowships
- The period of fellowship will be for two years, which may extend for one more year if required.
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 40 years at the time of notification. Age relaxation of 5 (five) years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically challenged and Women candidates.
- The fellowship amount will be granted based on the progress of the project work
- Applications shall be accompanied by a synopsis of the project proposal
- The post-doctoral fellowship registration can be done either in selected departments or schools of the Universities and the studies will be undertaken in collaboration with outside hospitals, industries, and technical centers.
- To set up the laboratory and other facilities, an additional amount of Rs.50000 will be made available subject to the requirement.
- The priority of fellowships will be based on the present developmental needs of Kerala.
- Under this fellowship, the selected candidate will get a fellowship ranging from Rs-50000 to Rs- 1 lakh per month for a period of 2 years
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India 2023 Application Process
- You will first have to visit the Post-Doctoral website by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage with the different types of Fellowship programs will open on your screen.
- Click on the fellowship of your choice.
- The guidelines for the fellowship will open on your screen if you click on the guidelines option.
- You can click on the eligibility criteria option to check the eligibility criteria.
- You have to now click on the option called apply online and the application form will open on your screen.
- Fill out the details and successfully submit all of the documents to apply for the scheme.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India 2023 FAQs
Most of the fellowships that are available in India are listed on the official website of the university or you can visit the official website of UGC in order to fill out the application form for the scholarship.
There are a lot of Fellowship programs that are available from the central government. The fellowship programs that are available by the central government are the highest-paid Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India.
There is no age limit that the students need to follow in order to apply for a PhD course in India however the age limit can be presented by the different organisations who are presenting the Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India.
No, you cannot apply for a Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India without the actual PhD degree and you must also specify all the other documents in order to apply for the program.