Here is the list of the topmost Postdoctoral Fellowship Universities in India. Be it full-time or part-time, Institutes in India offer it all for interested candidates. Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India 2023 is awarded for different specializations like- Engineering, Science, Biomedical, Mathematics, and Social Sciences. SERB, DBT, IITs, IIMs, and ISRO are some great institutes that offer outstanding fellowships in India.
About Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India
Students who are searching for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India are on the right page because we are going to provide you with all the details of the Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India. There are many fellowships that are provided to the students to pursue their field of education in various Governmental and nongovernmental organizations. Here is the list of Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India that you must check.
SERB National Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) National Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India is aims to identify motivated young researchers and provide them support for doing research in frontier areas of science and engineering. The fellows will work under a mentor, and it is hope that this training will provide them a platform to develop as independent researchers.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must have obtained Ph.D./M.D./M.S. degree from a recognized University. Those who have submitted their Ph.D./M.D/M.S thesis and are awaiting the award of the degree are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates, if selects, will offer a lower fellowship amount till they qualify for the eligible degree.
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 35 years at the time of the submission of the application, age will be calculated by taking the date of closure of the respective call. Age relaxation of 5 (five) years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenge & Women candidates.
55,000/- p.m. + HRA (Rs. 35,000/ p.m. + HRA for candidates who have submit the thesis but degree not yet get award
ICSSR Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Indian Council of Social Science Research ICSSR Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India is to encourage and retain young Indian social science scholars who have completed their pH.D. and want to pursue a regular career in teaching and research. The applicants should have a high potential and promise for conducting full-time research on specific topics and issues. These studies are expects to contribute to theoretical and conceptual advancement in different disciplines, help to generate fieldwork-based empirical data, and contribute toward policymaking.
Duration and Value of Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship is full-time research work.
- The duration of the fellowship is for 2 hours.
- The value of a Post-Doctoral Fellowship is Rs-31000/- for months and a contingency grant of Rs-25000/- per annum.
- A fellowship is entitle to salary and allowance admissible as per rules and contingency grant of Rs-25,000/- p.a. However special allowances like children’s education allowance, medical reimbursement, LTC, etc. are not admissible from ICSSR. The parent institution may, however, pay/reimburse the same as per its rule.
- The fellows will also get leave salary and pension contribution for a contribution towards CPF and gratuity for the period for which he/she holds the ICSSR fellowship as per rules of the parent institution.
Eligibility Criteria for Post Doctoral Fellowship
- The application should not be more than 45 years of age. There shall be an Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ ST/Persons with disability.
- The candidate must possess a pH.D.degree in any of the social science disciplines.
- A fellow must affiliate themselves to an ICSSR Research Institute of National importance, which is approved by the government research institute/ public-funded Indian University including deemed universities and colleges having approved Ph.D. program and requisite research infrastructure of their choice.
Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are design for Indian faculty and researchers who are in the early stages of their research careers in India. The Postdoctoral Research Fellowships will provide opportunities to talented faculty and researchers to strengthen their research capacities.
Fields: Agricultural Sciences; Anthropology; Bioengineering; Climate Change Sciences, Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cybersecurity, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data analytics); Economics; Education Policy and Planning; Energy Studies; History; International Law; International Security and Strategic Studies; Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications); Mathematical Sciences; Neurosciences; Performing Arts; Physical Sciences; Public Health; Public Policy; Sociology; Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management); Visual Arts; and Women’s and Gender Studies.
The applicant must have a Ph.D. or a DM degree within the past four years.
UGC D. S. Kothari Fellowships
Dr. D. S. Kothari’s Postdoctoral Fellowship (DSKPDF) Scheme was introduced by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in 2007. On the recommendation of the Empowered Committee (EC) chaired by Professor M. M. Sharma. In addition to the existing RA/PDF positions provide by various funding agencies, a need was felt for PDF schemes running in a flexible mode, with fast track, online handling, and decision making.
Normal fellowship for the First, Second, and third years is Rs. 43,400/-, Rs. 45,000/-, and Rs. 46,500/- respectively. Higher fellowship for First, Second, and third-year: Rs. 46,500/-. The Fellow is provided with a contingency grant of Rs. 1,00,000 p.a.
Aspirants below 35 years of age (Up to 3, 5, and 10 years of age relaxation for OBC, SC/ST/Women, and physically handicap respectively is admissible), who are get award a Ph. D. degrees under science faculty are eligible to apply. It is necessary that the candidate identifies a Mentor (affiliated to University/Institute wherein DSK Fellowship is tenable) for his/her postdoctoral Research work and obtains his/her consent for the mentorship.
Raman Post Doctoral Fellowship (IISc)
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has been recognized as an Institution of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India. As a part of the IoE initiative, IISc has created the Raman Post-Doc Program, a highly selective Post-Doc program with 50 positions. The Institute invites applications for intensely motivated individuals with an established record of high-quality research, for the positions of Raman Post-Docs. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), and foreign nationals are also eligible to apply.
Selected candidates will receive a consolidated monthly package of Rs. 1 Lakh. In addition, they will receive a research grant of Rs. 8 Lakhs per year.
Ph.D. with First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) in the preceding degree and a good academic record throughout. Candidates who are expecting to submit their Ph.D. thesis shortly may also apply but their applications will consider only after thesis submission. Candidates should preferably be less than 32 years of age at the time of applying.
IGIDR Post Doctoral Fellowship
The Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) Programme has insitute in IGIDR as part of its outreach activities. Its objective is to support high-quality research by scholars with doctoral degrees and outstanding academic records. Up to three fellowships are available per year. The fellowships are grants for an initial period of one year, which can extend by a maximum of one more year.
Post-Doctoral Fellows will receive a consolidated amount of Rs.70,000/- per month for a maximum period of two years.
Applicants should be resident Indians, under 40 years of age, secured a minimum of 55% aggregate marks or equivalent in the Master’s degree, and should have obtained a Ph.D. degree in the broad areas of Economics or Energy and Environment Policy.