National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities (NFPwD) 2022 is a scheme for the students who are going to pursue M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree. There are only 200 slots available for this scheme out of which 15% of seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes and 7.5% are reserved for Scheduled Tribes. Applicants are invited via online mode for this fellowship scheme via the official portal of the University Grant Commission. Collect the detailed information about the scheme likewise Apply the process, eligibility criteria, fellowship benefits, and more from a further session of this article.
National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities 2022
University Grant Commission invites applications from the students for the “National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities” on behalf of the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment. Under this scheme, a fellowship opportunity is given to the students with disabilities who are covered under ‘The Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995. UGC provides a grant to the selected aspirants for research work. Read the detailed information further.
Applications Inverted for NFPwD
The latest notification has been issued by the University Grant Commission regarding the commencement of the applications for the national fellowship for persons with a disability. Under this announcement, the concerned authority has declared 31st March 2022 as the last date to submit the applications. Applicants who wish to apply for the fellowship need to go through the official website and applied there for the last date. Financial benefits will be provided to the selected applicants under this fellowship program
Overview of NFPwD
|Name of the scheme||National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities|
|Offered by||University Grant Commission|
|No of scholarships||200|
|Offered for||M.Phil./ Ph.D Research|
|Mode of application||Online|
|M.Phil.||2 years or submission of dissertation whichever is earlier|
|M.Phil.+ Ph.D.||5 years from the commencement of Fellowship or till submission of the Ph.D. thesis, whichever is earlier|
|Ph.D.||5 years or till submission of the Ph.D. thesis, whichever is earlier|
National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities Benefits
|Fellowship||Rs.31,000/-p.m. initial two years as JRF. Rs.35,000/-p.m. for remaining tenure as SRF.|
|Contingency(Humanities & Social Sciences including Arts/Fine Arts)||Rs.10,000/-p.a. for the initial two years (JRF) Rs.20,500/-p.a. for the remaining tenure (SRF)|
|Contingency (Science, Engineering & Technology)||Rs.12,000/-p.a. initial two years (JRF) Rs.25,000/-p.a. for remaining tenure (SRF)|
|Escorts/Reader assistance||Rs.2,000/- p.m. for physical and visually disabled candidates.|
|HRA||As per Govt. of India norms.|
National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities Eligibility Criteria
- Any student who taken admitted in M.Phil/Ph.D degree course and pursuing research through regular and full-time mode in a University or academic institution is eligible
- An applicant with a disability is eligible to get this fellowship only
- Applicant must not get any other benefits from Central or State Government or other bodies like UGC for pursuing M.Phil/Ph.D.
|Opening date of submission of application||03rd March 2022|
|Closing date of submission of application||31st March 2022|
NFPwD Selection Process
Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of following
- Verification of applications will be made first
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the Post Graduation (PG) examination
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Matric Certificate.
- Educational Certificates.
- Admission Proof
- Identity proof
- Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC.
- PWD Certificate
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
Procedure to Apply for National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities (NFPWD) 2022
- To seek application, open the official website of the University Grant Commission
- From the home page go to the Scholarship/Fellowships column & hit view all option
- Look for the “National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities” link and hit the see detailed info option.
- Read the detailed information available in the notification
- Now hit the “Apply for Fresh Registration click here” option and the registration form will open on the screen
- Read the instructions that appear on the screen very carefully
- Enter the details as asked on the screen and the captcha code
- Click the “Register” option and complete the process
- Provide the rest information in the form
- Upload the significant documents and submit it
- Must take a hard copy of the application for future use.
Procedure to Edit or Print Application
- To seek an application, open the official website of the University Grant Commission
- From home page go to the Scholarship/Fellowships column & hit view all option.
- Look for “National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities” link and hit see detailed info option.
- Read the detailed information available in notification
- Now hit the “Edit or Print Application” option.
- A new application form will open on the screen.
- Enter the details like Registration Number, Date of Birth, Year, Email in the form.
- Now click on the search option.
- Now you can edit or print your application form.