Amazon delivering Smiles initiative has been taken by Amazon India. It is an E-Commerce company serving across the globe. Amazon started delivering the Smiles initiative for underprivileged students. In this article today we are going to elaborate on the initiative in detail. Underneath you will get detailed information about what the initiative is, how is it beneficial for the students, how students can avail of the benefits, and much other related information about the scheme.
What Is Amazon Delivering Smiles Initiative?
The covid-19 pandemic brings the focus on the stark digital divide not only in the field of education but also in access to essential services like health, finance, etc. To bridge the gap, Amazon India has started the “Delivering Smiles initiative”. Under this initiative, beneficiaries will get digital devices. Interested appellants may get the benefits of this initiative by applying online. You may check the eligibility conditions to get the benefits and more information is below.
Highlights Of Amazon Delivering Smiles Initiative
- Name of the scheme: Delivering Smiles
- Launched by: Amazon
- Beneficiaries: Underprivileged students
- Launched on: Tuesday, 12 October 2021
- No of Beneficiaries: 1 Lakh
- Benefits: Digital Devices
- Official website: amazon.giveindia.org
Amazon Delivering Smiles Initiative Implementation
Amazon Delivering Smiles Initiative is implemented by Amazon with GiveIndia and over 30 other non-profit organizations. To implement the initiative in a more effective manner the organization has also invited customers to either contribute in cash or give their old mobile phones for this initiative. Amazon India will refurbish the devices and distribute these devices among one lakh underprivileged students to provide digital learning devices.
Objective of Amazon Delivering Smiles Initiative
The main objective of amazon behind launching the delivering smiles initiative is to help empower young people with access to opportunities that information technology can provide. To achieve this objective, amazon has kick start the program by donating 20000 digital devices to young needy people.
20,000 Digitl Devices to Students
As per the sources, the E-Commerce come has been planning to provide 20,000 digital devices to students from the underprivileged section of society. The free digital devices will be provided to the students under the Amazon Delivering Smiles Initiative. Applicants who wish to get the benefits of this initiative to need to apply through the official website of Amazon India in the later stage as the application process for the initiative has not started by the concerned authorities.
Under amazon delivering simile initiative young students who are from underprivileged families will get benefits. Beneficiaries will get a digital device like a mobile or tablet.
Yet Amazon has not disclosed the eligibility conditions, we will update the information once available:
- Applicant should be an Indian citizen
- He/She must be a student from an underprivileged family.
- Applicant must belong to a low-income community.
Amazon Delivering Smiles Initiative Application Procedure
Yet there is no update from the authorities in respect of the application form submission for this initiative. We will update the detailed information once the information is available. You may have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the official website of the organization
- From the home page appears on the screen you have to look over the delivering smiles initiative
- Once you found the link, hit on it and read the detailed information
- Now choose the apply link shown on the screen
- As you hit the link, the application form will open on the screen
- Start filling in the details in the application form like your name, guardian, mobile number, gender, date of birth, etc.
- Upload the significant documents along with your image and signature
- Submit the application after reviewing the information you entered.
Procedure to Donate Cash or Digital Device
If you desire to donate to this initiative of amazon then you just have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the official website of the amazon and give India delivering simile donation portal
- Home page of the portal will open on the screen where you have to select the amount and hit donate now button
- Enter your mobile number/ email id or login with facebook or google account
- If entered mobile number or email id, select send OTP and enter the OTP in the given space
- Hit verify button and a new page will open where you have to select continue to pay option
- Form will open fill the details in it like name, mobile number, address, etc
- Hit donate button and complete the payment process.
To bridge the gap of the digital divide between high or low-income communities, especially girl students.
Underprivileged students will get the benefits under-delivering smiles initiative.
Selection of the beneficiaries will be made under-delivering smiles initiative on the basis of the income of the family of the student.
Yet there is no accurate information available for application, as the scheme has been recently launched. We will update the information once available.
Distribution of the devices among the beneficiaries will be made by the selected NPO’s.