British Council and Art X company has started a new fellowship program called British Council International Publishing Fellowship. This fellowship program has been designed for Indian and United Kingdom publishing professionals. It is a first-of-its-kind fellowship program. If you wish to become a part of it then you have to submit the application through online mode via email. You can check the detailed information about the application process and other relevant information including eligibility criteria for the section of this article.
British Council International Publishing Fellowship
Application forms are invited from the publishing professionals for the international publishing fellowship program. The program has been released in the month of December 2021. All the interested individuals can submit their application forms before the last date. Under this fellowship program selected candidates will get financial assistance but not a monthly stipend. This program is a year-long program. The program consists of reciprocal study trips, featuring masterclasses, network opportunities, and professional updating.
Highlights Of British Council International Publishing Fellowship (IPF)
- Name of the scheme: British Council International Publishing Fellowship
- Launched by: British Council and Art X company
- In: December 2021
- Launched for: India and UK publishing professionals
- Mode of application: by email
- Official site: britishcouncil.in
Objective Of British Council International Publishing Fellowship (IPF)
The main objective of the authorities behind starting this fellowship program is to facilitate increased dialogue and exchange between the translation publishing ecosystem of both Nations. It is a mentoring and professional development program.
Benefits Of British Council International Publishing Fellowship (IPF)
- Fellows will get visa costs, local transfers, travel, and accommodation cost along with a per diem during the to study trips in India and UK
- Fellowship also covers a Limited amount of travel insurance and government mandate covid tests.
- There is no monthly stipend that will be given to the selected candidates under this fellowship program.
- Applicant should have a minimum of 5 years of experience with and worked in publishing and has involved in translation publishing of at least 2 years as a leader
- Applicants who work in any of the following similar positions can also apply
- Freelancers has at least 5 years of experience in the translation ecosystem
- Applicants must have knowledge of and network connections in the translation ecosystem in their home country
- The applicant should be an individual applying in a personal capacity, not an organization
- Applicant should have a working knowledge of the English language
- A brief covering letter
- A letter of support from your employer in .pdf format
Selection of the fellows will be made on the basis of their understanding and prior experience, current and potential projects with translation, geographical and longest stick distribution of applicants in both the countries and applicants’ commitment to identify and work and on an opportunity for future projects between India and UK in the next two years.
- Last date of submission of the application form will be updated soon up to 5:30 p.m. Indian standard time
British Council International Publishing Fellowship (IPF) 2023 Application Procedure
- To submit the application form you have to download it from the official portal of British Council
- You may click here as well to download the application form
- Fill the details in the application form as asked including your
- Resident country
- Email address
- Professional experience
- Current job profile etc.
- Complete the application form and review it once
- Compose an email and upload the documents along with application form
- Forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the last date
- You can email the authorities if you have still any query related to the program at email@example.com