The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship Program is a three-year leadership program that prepares excellent Ph.D. aspirants to be Engaged Leaders by teaching them how to put their ideas into practice for the improvement of their institutions, communities, Canada, and the world. Read below to check the detailed information related to Canada Trudeau Scholarship 2023 like Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Registration Process, Application Process, and much more.
About Canada Trudeau Scholarship 2023
Each year, at least 12 doctorate scholars are chosen for the leadership program. Selected candidates receive considerable financing for their education as well as leadership training through Brave Spaces. This scholarship program assists Ph.D. candidates who are conducting research on one or more of the Foundation’s Four Themes: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, and People and the Natural Environment.
Also Read: Fellowship in India
Benefits of Canada Trudeau Scholarship
Some of the key benefits of the Scholarship of the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation are as follows:
- Membership in a thriving community of Scholars, Mentors, and Fellows, all of whom are thought leaders in their fields
- Membership in the Foundation’s alumni network for life
- To focus on their Ph.D. studies and the Foundation’s leadership program, they will receive up to $40,000 each year for three years to cover tuition and appropriate living expenses.
- Mentors and Fellows provide leadership training, as well as unique experiential learning experiences that deepen and supplement their academic experience.
- Possibilities to improve competence in both official Canadian languages (French and English) and Indigenous languages
- Up to $20,000 per year for three years for language instruction, travel and lodging for the Foundation’s leadership program, and doctoral research, networking, and travel.
The applicants applying for Canada Trudeau Scholarship must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- You must admit into or in the first or second year of a full-time Ph.D. program, with a projected completion date of 2025 or later.
- Your subject of study is broadly related to the humanities or human sciences and has a direct bearing on Canada’s future.
- A Canadian citizen participating in a Ph.D. program at a Canadian or international university, or a non-Canadian (permanent resident of Canada or foreign national)
- At least one of the Foundation’s Four Themes must address in your Ph.D. work: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, and People and the Natural Environment
Also Read: EIFFEL Scholarship
Steps to Register on the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to register on the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation:
- First of all, go to the official website of the Canada Trudeau Scholarship
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on the Application Portal button
- Once you will click on the Application portal button, the login page will open on the screen
- After that click on the Register here link
- A new page will open on the screen with a list of options
- Select one of the appropriate options
- After that, a new page will open on the screen
- Now, fill in all the required details like Name, Email ID, Title, Country, Mobile Number, Date of Birth, Address, etc
- Now, review and recheck the details to avoid any mistakes
- Finally, click on the Submit button to complete the registration process
Steps to Apply for Canada Trudeau Scholarship 2023
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to apply for the Canada Trudeau Scholarship:-
- Registration: Create an account on the Foundation’s application site when the competition starts. You will need to make a new application if you currently have an account from a scholarship competition before 2021.
- Application Form: You will be able to make an application for the 2022 Scholarship Competition once your registration is complete. You must include the following information to complete your application:
- Demographic Information about You: To satisfy the Foundation’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, it collects demographic data for statistical purposes. This data will only use by the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation.
- Essay Questions: Answer four essay questions in between 200 and 400 words.
- Doctoral Projects and Themes: Give details about your doctoral project in answers ranging from 200 to 400 words.
- Referees: Fill in the boxes with the names and email addresses of two referees. At least one of them must be an academic referee who can comment on your academic performance at university. For further information, see “Get recommendations” below.
- Provide information on your language abilities, post-secondary education, achievements (including scholarships, fellowships, prizes, publications, conferences, extracurricular and voluntary activities), and relevant work experience.
- Upload Transcripts: Upload transcripts for all of your post-secondary education, except for information from a CEGEP in Quebec, if you attended one.
- Read and comprehend the Foundation’s policies: All applicants must confirm that they have studied and comprehended the Foundation’s fundamental policies. All Scholars are require to read, comprehend, and comply with the following policies during the three-year program: Policy on the Prevention of Harassment and Violence, and Code of Community Engagement.
- Seek suggestions: When you input your referees’ names and email addresses in the box provided on the application form, an email will be sent to them automatically, inviting them to complete a pre-determined referral form directly on the Foundation’s application site. Referees must fill out a pre-printed referral form that includes both narrative and numerical responses. Referees are no longer require to upload their letters in PDF format to our application platform. We recommend that you contact your referees to ensure that they submit the completed form by December 21, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- PETF selection method: A rigorous selection process will apply to all qualified candidates who submit a completed application before December 21, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. EST. In February 2022, shortlisted applicants (Round One) will be notified and invited to group interviews. Finalists (Round Two) will invite to meet with members of the ANRC for individual interviews in March 2022.
A Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship is available to students enrolled full-time in a doctorate program. Applicants must be enrolled or accepted full-time in a doctorate program at the time of application submission.
Yes, Canadians studying at a foreign university may be eligible for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships.
No, the Foundation gives priority to young researchers who are just starting their careers, and it will also take into account specific circumstances that may have influenced a candidate’s academic and professional pathways.
Depending on the candidate’s language skills and choices, group and individual interviews will be conducted in English, French, or both official languages of Canada.