The Eiffel Scholarship Program was created by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs in January 1999, to help French higher education institutions recruit excellent international students for their master’s and doctoral programs. For the next class of Eiffel Scholarships 2023, online applications are now available. International students can apply for Eiffel Scholarships for Ph.D. and Master’s degrees. Read below to check the detailed information related to EIFFEL Scholarship 2023 like Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Documents Required, Application Procedures, and much more.
What Is EIFFEL Scholarship 2023?
EIFFEL Scholarship provides opportunities for future foreign decision-makers in the corporate and public sectors in key fields of study and encourages master’s level applications from developing nations up to 25 years old, and Ph.D. level applicants from developing and industrialized countries up to 30 years old. The goals of this grant program are to train future world leaders in three key areas i.e., science, economics and management, and law and political science in France’s post-secondary institutions, as well as to promote applications from candidates from evolving Latin America, Asian countries, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and new European Union member states.
Also Read: National Scholarship Scheme
Types of EIFFEL Scholarship
EIFFEL Scholarship is of two types that are as follows:
- Master’s Type Scholarship
- Doctoral Type Scholarship
- Master’s Type Scholarship: The master’s type scholarship provides support for 12 to 36 months to enable scholarship recipients to complete a master’s degree.
- Doctoral Type Scholarship: As part of a combined doctorate program, the doctoral-type scholarship supports up to 12 months of doctoral research in France.
Master’s and doctoral program fields of study
In the following seven subjects, Eiffel scholarships are available in two spheres:
- Science and Techniques
- Ecological transition
- Biology and health
- Mathematics and digital
- Science and Engineering
- Human and social science
- History, French language, and civilization
- Economics and management
- Law and political sciences
Benefits of EIFFEL Scholarship
Some of the key benefits of the EIFFEL Scholarship are as follows:
- For Master’s Type Scholarship: The Eiffel scholarship provides a monthly payment of €150 and a maintenance payment of €1,031 per month.
- For Doctoral Type Scholarship: The Eiffel scholarship comprises a €1,400 monthly grant until December 2021, and €1,700 beginning January 1, 2022.
Master’s and doctoral programs also provide the following direct benefits:
- Local transportation
- International air travel
- Train travel within France
- Health insurance
- Supplemental health insurance
- Cultural activities
The applicants applying for EIFFEL Scholarship must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must have started their academic program at the host institution in France to receive the first installment of their grant.
- Non-French nationals are not eligible for the Eiffel Program. Candidates possessing two nationalities, one of which is French, will be disqualified.
- Candidates for the master’s component must be under the age of 25 at the time of the competition in 2021.
- Application sources: Only applications from French educational institutions will be considered. These colleges and universities promise to accept recipients into the academic program mentioned in the application.
- Applications from students who have already been given another French government scholarship at the time of application will be rejected, even if the other scholarship solely included health insurance.
- Students wanting to enroll in a master’s-level program in France (including at a school of engineering) and doctoral candidates are eligible for Eiffel Program scholarships. Only French government-approved programs are eligible. The Eiffel Program does not apply to French-run programs in other countries, nor apprenticeship or professional training contracts.
While filling up the application form for EIFFEL Scholarship, some important documents will require by the applicants, make sure to keep them handy. The documents required for EIFFEL Scholarship are as follows:-
- Detailed Research Proposal
- CV for Scholarship enlisting your experience and skills
- Study plan essay
- Copy of all educational documents (transcripts/degrees/certificates)
- English Proficiency Certificate (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Explain why you are a good fit for this scholarship in a motivation letter
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) describing what you would bring to the institute if you get award one of the Eiffel Excellence Scholarships.
- Letters of recommendation from any two former instructors or institutions
- Copy of valid passport
Also Read: NMMS Scholarship
EIFFEL Scholarship 2023 Application Procedure
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to apply for the EIFFEL Scholarship:-
- Only applications from French higher education institutions will consider. As a result, instead of applying for Eiffel Excellence Scholarships directly, students should apply through the institution.
- Candidates for Eiffel scholarships will choose by French higher education institutions from among the finest foreign applicants for their academic programs
- Institutions must complete and submit online applications for each level of study using the relevant form.
- They will confirm that applications fit the Eiffel Program’s requirements.
- The length of the academic program, including any required internships in France or abroad, must be specified properly in the application.
- A maximum of 40 individuals per subject of study may nominate by each school for a master’s scholarship.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected so, carefully fill out your application. Every detail must be accurate
For further details or in case of any query or complaint related to the scholarship, feel free to contact on the below-given details:
- Official website
- Email Id: email@example.com
Foreign students who have previously obtained an Eiffel scholarship at the master’s level are eligible to apply for a doctorate scholarship. Students who hold another French scholarship at the time of application will, however, be excluded. Furthermore, even if the application is filed by a different institute or in a new field of study, applications proposing a candidate who has been rejected in past competitions will be invalidated.
Applicants who have been nominated by more than one university will be disqualified immediately.