The Maharashtra government offers students from the Economically Backward Class Open Merit Scholarships for EBC Students (EBC). This scholarship is also referred to as the EBC Students’ Fee Reimbursement Program. Students will receive a brief overview of the most important factors to take into account while applying for this EBC Scholarship from this article. Additionally, it will give you information about the scholarship program’s eligibility requirements, the application process, scholarship amount, necessary paperwork, and other crucial details. To fully understand the scholarship and related information, continue reading.
About EBC Scholarship 2023
Maharashtra students will receive a fee reduction of up to 100% for undergraduate, graduate, and diploma-level courses in engineering, medicine, agriculture, and other fields under the EBC Scholarship Scheme 2023. Students can apply online by meeting all requirements and avoiding cancellation. Only students from disadvantaged backgrounds are eligible to apply for this scholarship. In order to provide higher education to students from economically disadvantaged societies, the government of Maharashtra offers the EBC certificate, whose full name is the Economically Backward Class certificate. The Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Fee Reimbursement Scheme is another name for the scholarship.
- Online applications are accepted for the scholarship. Economically Backward Class (EBC) certificates are provided by the Maharashtra government to impoverished students who cannot pay for their education on their own.
- In actuality, the term “EBC” includes families whose yearly income is less than twice the poverty line as well as those whose members are living below the poverty line.
Key Factors of Economically Backward Scholarship
|Launched By||Government of Maharashtra|
|Name of Scholarship||EBC Scholarship 2023|
|Objective||To provide higher education to children from economically underdeveloped societies|
|Benefits||Fee concession up to 100%|
|Eligibility Criteria||UG, PG, and diploma-level courses in engineering, medical, agriculture, etc students|
|Application Deadline||31st May 2023|
Objective of EBC Scholarship 2023
This program aims to increase access to higher education for students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and to guarantee financial inclusion in the public school system. This program will refund eligible students up to 100% of their tuition costs. Economically Backward Class is referred to as EBC. The EBC Scholarship is intended for students who have the talent and ability to succeed in life but lack the financial means to do so.
Benefits of EBC Scholarship
The government is giving the candidates a lot of advantages. Here are the specifics of the rewards that chosen candidates will get:
- Every hostel female will be eligible for 160 each month. The candidates will receive INR 1,600 each year as a result.
- All non-hostel girls will be eligible for INR 100 per month for a maximum of 10 months, or INR 1,000.
- All dormitory guys will get a scholarship payment of INR 140 per month for a maximum of 10 months. This is equivalent to 1,400 Indian Rupees.
- For up to 10 months, non-hostel candidates would get INR 80 each month. This is 800 Indian Rupees.
List of Top Scholarships
The following is a list of the best scholarships for economically disadvantaged students:
- Scholarship and Technical Education To Handicapped Students, Maharashtra
- Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Shikshan Shulk Shishyavrutti Yojna
- Rajshri Sahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship, Maharashtra
- Rajshri Sahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship To SC Student, Maharashtra
- Professional Training Allowance And Subsistence To Hostel Students
- Tuition Fees and Examination Fees to VJNT(Vimukta Jati, Nomadic Tribes) SBC Students.
The Economically Backward Class Scholarship recipients are chosen depending on whether or not applicants meet the requirements established by the Maharashtra government department that administers the scholarship.
All applications seeking an EBC scholarship must belong to a class that is economically disadvantaged. Students and candidates should also meet these requirements.
- Candidates must come from a financially disadvantaged class (EBC)
- He or She Must be a resident of Maharashtra.
- Candidates should attempt to enroll in classes 11 and 12.
- Candidates must have received 50% on their most recent SSC exam.
An applicant must possess all relevant documentation needed to submit a scholarship application. The following set of supporting documents is needed to submit an application for the Economically Backward Class Scholarship.
- Certificate of domicile
- Certificate of Declaration (Parents’/Guardian’s Statement Regarding Number of Children/Beneficiaries)
- A copy of the fee receipt
- Leaving certificate copy
- A death certificate for your parents, if they’re deceased (If applicable)
- Letter of allocation from the Common Admission Process (CAP)
- Copy of a bank statement or a voided check
- All prior report cards (From class 10th to last exam appeared for)
- On stamp paper, a gap affidavit (In case of a Gap in the previous year)
- AADHAAR card copy and a certified income certificate with tahsildar attestation
- Attendance receipt
Do Online Registration under EBC Scholarship 2023
- Applicants first need to go to the EBC website of the portal.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- On the homepage, you have to click on the New Registration option.
- Insert the OTP that was sent to your mobile phone to complete the AADHAAR authentication.
- Use the login information you received when registering on the page, which was sent to your email address or mobile number.
- Following logging in, complete the application form.
- Upload all required paperwork.
- Fill out the form, then save it for later use.
- Official Department, Government of Maharashtra Ruled and Governed by the Government of Maharashtra
- Official Email ID – email@example.com
- Contact Number Of ECB – 18001025311
EWS Scholarship FAQs
The Maharashtra government provides EBC scholarships for students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds (EBC students). The Rajarshri Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaja Fee Reimbursement Scheme is another name for the EBC scholarship. Candidates must be residents of the states of Maharashtra
Applicants must come from a financially disadvantaged class. This means that their caste or community shouldn’t fall under the SC, ST, or OBC classifications. Additionally, their family’s combined income shouldn’t be higher than 2.50 lakh PA.
EBC students are those who fall into the economically disadvantaged group or those who are so poor that they are unable to satisfy their basic obligations and are having difficulty finishing their education.
The scholarship application deadline is May 31, 2023.