There are a lot of scholarship opportunities available for students who have successfully completed the entrance examination for GATE and these scholarship opportunities will help the students to get higher education without having to worry about the financial difference that they are going through. You can check out the specifications related to GATE Scholarship 2023 by checking out the article provided below we will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures through which you will be able to apply online for this scholarship including the eligibility criteria and also the selection procedure.
What Is GATE Scholarship 2023?
The AICTE-approved colleges will provide scholarship opportunities for the students who have taken admitted to various courses and especially for the students who have got a very nice score for the GATE examination. The candidates need to log in to the official scholarship page using their unique ID as provided by the institution during the time of registration and then need to upload all of the required documents in order to successfully submit their application for the scholarship program. The candidates need to produce their scorecard with all of the other major documents in order to successfully be a part of this scholarship program. A lot of opportunities will be available for the students in this scholarship presents by the organization.
Also Check: Unacademy Scholarship Test
- GATE Scholarship Registration Starts- Update Soon
- GATE Scholarship Registration Ends- Update Soon
The following people will not be eligible for the scholarship scheme:-
- In case the students have taken admitted before or after the validity of their GATE score, their candidature for the scholarship will not accept.
- The scholarship will not be granted to those who have already completed their post-graduation.
- Candidates who have taken admitted into the postgraduate programs through management quota, sponsored candidates, and foreign candidates are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Any kind of joint accounts or accounts under the guardian’s name are not allowed for the GATE scholarship.
- Students who have taken admitted into part-time postgraduate courses are not eligible for the scholarship.
- In the absence of a valid certificate, the students will not consider eligible.
- Applicants from the OBC category, who belong to the creamy layer under the OBC category, are not eligible for applying for the scholarship for GATE.
- If a candidate has already avails of the scholarship from IIT, NIT then he/she will not consider eligible for the AICTE scholarship.
- Once the candidates fulfill all the eligibility criteria and qualify for the scholarship, the amount will be deposited into their bank accounts every month for a period of 2 years or till the date of completion of the courses they are pursuing, whichever is earlier.
The following rewards are available for the students applying for this scholarship program:-
- The GATE scholarship amount that the candidate receives stands at around INR 12,400 and is strictly for their post-graduate studies (GATE scholarship for Ph.D. is not available).
- The mode of payment of the scholarship to candidates is carried out through the official portal and will be governs by the AICTE policy decision-makers.
- The AICTE GATE scholarship is granted to the candidate every month. Therefore, during their candidacy, the applicant should not obtain any grant, scholarship, stipend, or salary of any kind from any other source. To process the payment, candidates will need to provide their bank account details in their name, and it should not be a joint account as they are not considers.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for this scholarship:-
- At the time of admission to the course, the candidates must produce their valid GATE scorecard released after score normalization.
- To receive the amount of the scholarship, a general savings bank account in the name of the candidate should exist.
- All the candidates falling under the SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/ Physically Handicapped/ Differently Abled are eligible to apply for the scholarship only if they have an authentic caste/required certificate.
The following documents are required to apply for this scholarship:-
- Candidate’s Aadhar Card (Exemption for students from Assam, Jammu, Kashmir, and Meghalaya)
- GATE scorecard
- Caste certificate’s PDF copy
- BC Candidates – Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in pdf format, not older than 1 year
- Candidate’s Passbook (in pdf format)
Also Check: Urban Planning Scholarships
GATE Scholarship 2023 Application Process
The applicant must follow the following application procedure to apply for this scholarship:-
- You will first have to visit the official website of AICTE
- The home page will open on your screen.
- You have to click on the link for the AICTE GATE scholarship.
- The application form will open on your screen.
- Fill out the information asked on the page and upload the required documents.
- All the information and documents have to complete on or before the deadline for applying for the scholarship.
- The last date to finish uploading the documents and submitting the application for the year will be tentatively in the last week of August.
- Once the application has been submitted after uploading the documents, the concerned institute will verify the information entered by the candidate. As soon as all the data has been verified, they will give their approval and the scholarship will be granted to the student.
The applicant must follow the following registration procedure to register their institute for this scholarship:-
- Institutes have to upload the eligible PG Student’s details on the AICTE portal on or before the prescribed dates which will be tentatively in October 2021.
- After that provide the student’s Unique ID generated by the system to all the PG students admitted to AICTE-approved programs/ Institutions during 2021-22
- Students undergoing PG courses and having valid GATE scores plus admitted in AICTE approve programs/Institutions shall collect the Unique ID from the institute and login to the official website.
- There you have to upload the scanned copies of all original documents in JPEG/PDF format only.
- Scanned copy of GATE scorecard.
- Scanned copy of the first page of Bank Passbook.
- Only Aadhar active savings bank accounts will consider. No-Frill Accounts, Jan Dhan accounts, Bank Accounts having limits on transactions/credits & Joint Accounts are not permitted.
- Scanned copy of the valid Category Certificate for SC/ST, OBC & Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) latest issued by the Competent Authority for OBC candidates only.
- After all this process, the Institute shall verify the student data and approve their candidature on the portal and ensure that students’ personal details, bank details, and date of admission/date of commencement are correctly filled in.
The applicant must follow the following instructions to apply for this scholarship:-
- This scholarship is not for students who have finished their postgraduate studies. It is only for those candidates who are taking admitted for the first time into AICTE-approved engineering post-graduation courses.
- Any candidate who takes admission into their desired course or institute for the second time after re-qualifying the GATE exam will not be eligible for applying for the GATE scholarship if they have already availed this scholarship from AICTE during their first attempt at admission. These students will also not be qualified for the scholarship if they have availed of another from a centrally funded institution, for example, IITs, IIITs, and NITs, among others.
- As mentioned above, the scholarship will be available for a duration of 24 months or for the tenure of the course they are undertaking. The end date of the scholarship will be either on the day of the completion of the candidate’s course or after 2 years, whichever comes earlier. Any extension, under any circumstances, will not grant to the students.
- The amount of the scholarship will not completely transfer to the students’ accounts immediately. It will keep getting add on a monthly basis. This is because the scholarship is subject to the satisfactory academic performance of the candidate. It is also to ensure that the student adheres to the rules and regulations and norms set by their Institute or the University, or else the scholarship stands canceled.
- Any kind of misconduct observed on the student’s part will lead to the discontinuation of their GATE scholarship, at any time. The students need to follow the code of conduct wherein they should not get involved in the act of ragging and/or misbehavior on the campus or in areas that fall under the Institute or University’s supervision.
- All the information regarding the procedure and mode of payment of the scholarship granted to the candidates will be notified from time to time in the form of advertisements in some of the leading Hindi and English newspapers. A copy of these ads will also be available on the web portal. AICTE will be governing the policy decision on the mode of payment and the procedure. The authorities can also share this information exclusively on the website so the candidates should keep checking it regularly.
- It is required that the candidates will undertake eight to ten hours, per week, of teaching-related work or research activities. This will assign to them by the Institute they are completing the course with. This teaching work or research activities could include laboratory classes, tutorials, assistance in the library, maintenance, and development of laboratories, operation of computers, maintenance of computers and other central facilities as well as their operation, and assisting the faculty members with the research and development activities they have undertaken, and many more similar activities.
- The amount of this scholarship given to Postgraduate students is subject to change on the basis of the decision taken by the Department of Higher Resource Development (MHRD), New Delhi after taking approval from the Executive Committee of the AICTE council. The MHRD will keep issuing notifications from time to time regarding any modifications or developments in the scholarship rates.