If you are a refugee then you can apply for the latest scheme of the English scholarship presented by the A.S.Hornby Educational Trust. You can apply for the Hornby scholarship 2023 and you can be a part of a prestigious University so that you can continue your English education. It is important to fill out the application form available on the official website of the organization and be a part of the organization. You can check out the specifications related to the selection procedure and the last date to apply online for Hornby Scholarship 2023 and we will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures through which you will be able to fill out the application form.
What Is Hornby Scholarship 2023?
The A.S.Hornby Educational Trust scholarships are especially available for English language teachers who are outside the UK and want to study for a master’s in the ELT University of Warwick. You can apply for the English language teaching scholarship if you want to be a part of prestigious organizations in the UK and Hornby Scholarship will cover all of the cost of accommodations and your living expenses in the United Kingdom while you pursue your dream to be a language student in a foreign country. You can apply for this scholarship and be a part of the organization so that you can continue your education without having to worry about financial expenses. Make sure to submit all of the important documents to be a part of the organization without any difficulty.
Also Check: Berows International Scholarship
- The recruitment process for the A.S.Hornby Educational Trust scholarships for study in the UK between October 2022 and September 2023 for applicants from outside the UK is now closed.
Benefits Of Hornby Scholarship
The following benefits will be available to the people through this scholarship scheme:-
- The scholarships cover all the costs in the UK including a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses, tuition fees, return air tickets, tuition fees, visa, and IELTS test costs.
The applicant must follow the following selection procedure to get selection for the scholarship:-
- In the first stage, the quality of the application form is asses.
- In the second stage, applicants get an invitation for an interview at the British Council office in their country of origin.
- In the third stage, selected applicants apply to the university.
- In the fourth stage, the successful applicant is accepts by the university. Only at this stage is the scholarship award confirm with the applicant.
Hornby Scholarship Application Checklist
The applicant must follow the following checklist to be eligible for the scholarship:-
- Your personal details: full name, date of birth, gender, nationality, and country of residence
- Your contact details: email address, preferred address for correspondence in your home country, country, telephone number
- English Language level:- If you have sat one of the English language tests accepted by the university please have your results ready.
- Academic background- Details of all academic qualifications obtained since completing your secondary education: details of each qualification you have, the class or level achieved, the institution, subject, and dates. Also, indicate those courses which were entirely or mainly English medium – i.e. where the language of instruction or supervision was English.
- Professional background- Details of each position held since completing your tertiary education, starting from the most recent and working backward. Give the name of the position, the organization, and the dates you were employed.
- Your current employer’s details: name and address
- Referees- details of two referees who will give references for you if you are long-listed for an interview – name, professional title or position, email address, length of time you have known the referee, and his/her professional relationship to you.
- Supporting statement- This is an essential part of your application. If you pass the eligibility criteria your application will be evaluated based on your answers in this section. They are looking for candidates who can demonstrate that they would not only be able to cope with the demands of studying for an MA degree in the UK but who also have the potential to make a significant future contribution to English language teaching and teachers in their countries. They, therefore, look at the quality of your response from the perspective of where you are in your teaching/ELT career, your future potential, how well your expectations and qualities match the study programme, and the level of your written English. Please aim to be concise, long answers are not necessarily better. You might consider preparing the answers in a word doc before you enter them on the online application form.
- Please prepare answers to the following 5 questions:-
- 1. Describe your role and responsibilities, both in your current position and (if appropriate) in your previous positions
- 2. Describe any development activity supporting other teachers or ELT professionals that you have delivered or helped deliver, for example, teacher training, professional development, writing materials, leading a teachers’ association or professional activity group.
- 3. What are the key challenges that (a) you personally face in your teaching, and (b) teachers of English in your country face more generally?
- 4. In the light of the challenges you have identified in your answer to Q3, what do you think would be the benefit of attending a UK Master’s course (a) to you personally, and (b) to ELT in your home country more generally? What role could you see yourself playing in tackling the challenges you’ve identified?
- 5. Which areas of ELT are of particular interest to you and why?
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the Hornby scholarship:-
- Eligible applicants for the scholarship award must have at least two years’ full-time English language teaching experience and a full university degree.
- Applicants also require the level of English proficiency required by the university (this is normally assessed according to IELTS – scholars require an overall score of 6.5, with no less than 6.0 in any of the categories).
- The Hornby Scholarships are intended to support experienced English language teachers who have the potential to make a significant future contribution to English language teaching and teachers in their countries.
Also Check: University of Adelaide Scholarships
Hornby Scholarship 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the Hornby website of this scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- The details related to this scholarship will open on your screen.
- You have to read the details related to this scholarship carefully.
- Now you have to click on the link given here to go to the official application form for this scholarship.
- You have to fill out the application form for this scholarship.
- You have to upload all of the documents and successfully apply for the scholarship.