The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship program invites mid-career and young professionals from a variety of developing nations to the United States for a year of leadership development, non-degree graduate-level study, and professional engagement with American peers. Over 4,600 Fellows from 157 countries have participated in the program over the previous four decades, and more than 40 colleges in the United States have hosted them. Academic enrichment, professional growth, English language classes, the Humphrey Seminar, and a four-day seminar are all key components of the Humphrey Fellowship program.
Following the submission of nominations, the finalized fellowship awardees will be revealed in March of the following year. Based on the amount of English language instruction they require, the selected participants begin their program between April and September of the same year. In June of next year, the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship program will come to an end.
About Hubert Humphrey Fellowship 2023
The Humphrey Fellowship program in the USA is a most awaited fully funded Fellowship for international individuals. the top fellowship program to study in the USA for free focuses on the self-motivated mind who have leadership qualities and the potential to change the world. the fellowship is also known as the Hurbert h Humphrey fellowship aims at constructing a bond between the US and other countries of the world by providing equal opportunities to the professionals of the world to excel in their fields. The Fullbright Humphrey fellowship program is for experienced professionals and a non-degree fully funded International fellowship program.
The US-based fully funded Humphrey US Fellowship is a golden opportunity for the fellows to broaden their perspectives and become influential global leaders. The fellows will get the tasks by which they can interact with their other Humphrey colleagues as the program is not a traditional graduate program. In this Fellowship program, the fellows will learn practically from the workshop, seminars, and from teamwork. Thus the Humphrey fellowship provides the best prospects of learning through such practical work and from chosen host Universities and courses.
Also Read: Twitter EMEA Public Policy Fellowship
Key Highlights of Hubert Humphrey Fellowship
|Conducted by||Hubert H Humphrey|
|Name of Fellowship||Hubert Humphrey Fellowship 2023|
|Objective||The fellows are given the opportunities to explore the US culture through field trips and by staying away from the host station|
|Benefits||Full tuition and fees of the host institution will be covered|
|Fellowship Duration||10 Months|
|Eligibility Criteria||Participating countries including India, Peru, Bangladesh, Pakistan|
|Official Website||Hubert Humphrey|
Objective of Hubert Humphrey Fellowship
The full bright extreme program aims are stressing the ties between the US and the other States by important knowledge about the issues which are of US concern. Moreover, the program is designed in a way that it becomes a cultural exchange program in the US. The fellows are given the opportunities to explore the US culture through field trips and by staying away from the host station for a while in this brightful scholarship in the USA, the needs of the students are properly addressed. They are provided with allowances related to travel, residence, food book, etc. so that they could focus entirely on their professional development.
Benefits of Hubert Humphrey Fellowship
- The fellows will receive free pre-academic English language coaching if required.
- Full tuition and fees of the host institution will cover.
- Fellows will be provided with a maintenance allowance.
- One time setting allowance will provide.
- Health insurance will be provided which will include sickness and accident coverage.
- Book allowance will provide.
- Fellows will be provided with a one-time computer subsidy allowance.
- All the travel costs related to the program will cover the return air ticket from the home country to the US and from the US to the home country.
- Fellows will be provided with a professional development Allowance for field trips, professional visits, and conferences.
Eligibility requirements for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programs are quite straightforward. Only those who fulfill the requirements below will consider for the program:
- Citizenship: National of any of the 131 participating countries including India, Peru, Bangladesh, and Pakistan.
- Academic Qualification: Must hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
- Professional Experience: Minimum 5 years of full-time work experience, preferably in a relevant field.
- Part-time work experience is not considered.
- Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in the English language & attempt TOEFL/IELTS exams to demonstrate the same.
- Must have a public service record in the community and minimal to no prior experience in the USA.
The last date for the submission of the application form will update soon
Also Read: WHO Fellowship
Application Procedure Under Fellowship 2023
- The candidates have to contact the US embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission in their country.
- The candidates have to select their country and send the application according to their own country’s deadline.
- Every country has a different application deadline.
- The candidates have to select the host University for their desired course.
- The courses must select from the list.
- Applications are submitted to the US Commission or US embassies in the home countries because Commissions and Embassies review applications submitted for the Humphrey Fellowship Program, invite selected applications for an interview, and determine which applications are to forward for further consideration to the Institute of International Education in the US.
For more queries, you can visit the Hubert Humphrey website for guidelines or eligibility criteria.
The applicant needs to have a professional experience of at least 5 years prior to August 2022 in order to apply for the scholarship.
The applicant must have leadership qualities and also a record of public service in order to get this scholarship.
The candidates will be provided tuition fees, monthly maintenance allowances, flight tickets allowances for professional activities, modest allowances for books and supplies and also flight tickets to the Washington DC workshop.
You need to submit the following documents to apply for the scholarship-
Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
Writing sample (Optional)
The candidates are selected for the scholarship based on their fulfillment of the eligibility criteria.
The fellowships are awarded in the fields of Agricultural and Rural Development; Communications/Journalism; Contagious and Infectious Diseases; Economic Development; Educational Administration, Planning and Policy; Finance and Banking; Higher Education Administration; HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention; Human Resource Management; International Religious Freedom; Law and Human Rights; Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change; Public Health Policy and Management; Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration; Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention; Teaching of English as a Foreign Language (Teacher Training or Curriculum Development); Technology Policy and Management; Trafficking in Persons, Policy, and Prevention; Urban and Regional Planning.
United States-India Educational Foundation,
12 Hailey Road, New Delhi – 110 001
Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org,
Phone Number – (011) – 4209-0909/2332-8944,
Fax Number – 011-2332-9718