Institute Of Management Accountants conducts student case competitions every year and this year also a typical competition was held by the organization in which more than 40 colleges in India participated. Now, the results of this competition are live on their official website so that students can go to the final round and win a trip to Dubai without any expenses. You can check out more information related to IMA Student Case Competition 2022 given below. You can check out the specifications related to the eligibility and last date for this competition and we will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures to apply online.
IMA Student Case Competition 2022
IMA Student Case Competition in this competition, a lot of students can take part by forming a team and the winners are provided with a chance to present their case in the United Arab Emirates. This prestigious competition allows the students to think strategically and also improve their analytical skills. The competition was held recently for all of the students of the country and the students were given a business case that they will have to solve this business case. The topic of this year’s business case was maximizing customer value at a cage. There are three prices available in this competition and the prizes are distributed as per the research that the students have done in their competition.
- The submission deadline is January 16, 2022.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for this scholarship program:-
- Eligible students must enroll in full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programs.
- No more than 50% of team members may be master’s degree candidates, and no doctoral degree candidates may include.
- Team members may be from different academic programs but must all be from the same university/college.
- Each team must appoint a team leader.
- Each team must have a faculty advisor from the same university/college.
- Although faculty members are encouraged to promote this competition on their campus, NO faculty or other professional assistance is allowed in solving the case.
- Each case competition entry will present a solution to this year’s case, which has been published in the August 2021 edition of Strategic Finance. Each entry must:-
- Complete online Submission form – No handwritten forms accepted
- Abide by the Ethical Standards and Statement of Compliance
- Submit a PowerPoint presentation (not PDF) that contains your case analysis
- Your PowerPoint Presentation
- To maintain anonymity in the judging process, the file name should not be related to IMA, your school, or a teammate’s name. Do not include the above identifying information in any slides in the presentation.
Each team member and faculty advisor will receive a certificate of participation. The top three teams will each receive a plaque as follows:-
- First Prize
- A US$500 Amazon gift voucher will be awarded to each team member.
- Opportunity to engage in a virtual conversation with Jeff Thomson, CMA, CSCA, CAE, IMA President, and CEO.
- The winning team will receive an all-expense-paid trip to Dubai, U.A.E., to present their winning case during the Grand Finals challenge against winning teams from Europe, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia.
- Second Prize
- A US$250 Amazon gift voucher will awarded to each team member.
- Connection with a mentor in a local chapter.
- Third Prize
- A US$150 Amazon gift voucher will be awarded to each team member.
- Connection with a mentor in a local chapter.
The applicant must follow the following criteria to give a successful presentation in this competition:-
- Presentations are no more than 40 slides. Any presentation exceeding this limit will be disqualified.
- Each team member requires to have an equal part in the presentation.
- Presentations will judge on content, style, and response to case requirements.
- Visual aids will judge on their contribution to the presentation.
- No handouts or written materials will be sent to the judges as part of the evaluation process.
- No names of the team members or their universities/colleges should includes in the case analysis or within the file name submitted.
- Fictitious names can be used in the introduction of the solution if it is warranted. The judges will not know the names of the schools for any of the teams being judged.
- Multiple criteria will be used in evaluating the presentations, including technical content, presentation skills, case analysis style, presentation organization, and strength of recommendations and conclusions based on the case requirements. Reading of notecards in live presentations is strongly discouraged.
Result Of IMA Student Case Competition 2022
The organization has recently announced regional winners for India and the Indian Institute Of Management, Indore has emerged as the winner in this competition which is followed by Shaheed Sukhdev College of business studies and then Christ University Chennai. There were more than 70 entries received by the organization from 40 colleges and universities in India for the 2022 student case competition and the top 6 were given a chance to present in the final round of the competition. This global competition receives entries from various countries of the world and 10 finalists shortlists from 91 entries receive from 64 different universities from the Middle East and Indian region alone.
All case analysis submissions undergo a preliminary evaluation by senior IMA members who are all CMA certified. Each submission will evaluate twice. Six teams will select for the India finals – two teams from the South, two teams from the West, and two teams from the North and East regions. Six selected finalists will be notified no later than February 15, 2022. The date of the final presentation will communicate to the finalist teams around February 2022. The winning team from the regional finals will invite to present at the Grand Finals challenge in Dubai, U.A.E. in June 2022.
The exact date of the Grand Finals will communicate to the winning team closer to the date. The winning team (excluding the mentor) will receive an all-expense-paid trip to Dubai. IMA will determine the amount spent on travel and accommodation at its sole discretion. The Grand Finals challenge will comprise university teams from Europe, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia. Each team will require to respond to additional questions on which they will judge. Judges will be representatives from industry and academia.
IMA Student Case Competition 2022 Application Process
To apply for this competition you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- First, you will have to visit the official website of the 2022 IMA Indian student case competition while clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen
- You can check out the specifications related to this program presented by the organization.
- Also you have to now scroll down and click on the option called Apply And Participate
- You can check out the specifications related to this competition and you can also read the details related to the application and the presentation.
- Fill out the application form and successfully apply for the competition.