Hey friends, have you heard about the J C Bose National Fellowship 2022? Do you desire to know more details about the fellowship? if yes then you are at the right web portal and on the right page. In this article, we are going to elaborate on the fellowship program in detail with each and every aspect which is significant to know by the applicants. Underneath you will get the application procedure step by step, eligibility details, documents required to submit, benefits of the fellowship, duration of the fellowship, and much other important information.
J C Bose National Fellowship 2022
This Fellowship has been initiated by the Science & Engineering Research Board Established through SERB Act 2008 of Parliament in the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India. This fellowship is for the scientists for their outstanding performance. J C Bose National Fellowship will be initially for five years which can be continued if a host institution is willing up to the age of 68 years. extension of the fellowship completely depends on a rigorous assessment of research performance during the tenure of the fellowship.
Highlights Of J C Bose National Fellowship
- Name of the scheme: J C Bose National Fellowship
- Launched by: Science & Engineering Research Board
- Department: Department of Science & Technology, Government of India
- Launched for: scientists
- Benefits: financial aid
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: www.serb.gov.in
Applications for the fellowship are receive throughout the year.
Benefits Of J C Bose National Fellowship
Under the JC Bose National fellowship scheme, the beneficiaries will get the following benefits
- Fellowship amount of Rs 25000 per month in addition to the income
- Rs 15 lakh per annum will be as a research grant
- Host Institute will get Rs 1 lakh overhead expenses
- Applicants should be scientists with outstanding performance records apparent from the award of SS Bhatnagar prize and or fellowship of science academies.
- Applicants should be Indian citizens.
- The Applicant should be in service while applying for the fellowship in Indian Institute.
- Applicants must not receive the benefits under any other Fellowship scheme or any other government source.
- Applicant must not age of 68 years
- Recommendation letter
Candidates’ selection will be made on Search-cum-Selection Committee especially constitutes for the selection as per the guidelines of the board. Selection of the applicants will be periodically twice a year.
J C Bose National Fellowship 2022 Application Procedure
Applicants’ nominations can be submitted by the Heads of the Institutions; JC Bose Fellows and Presidents of National science academies throughout the year through online mode. Follow the below-mentioned step to fill nomination:
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of the Science & Engineering Research Board.
- From home page of the portal, you have to go to the awards & fellowship
- Drop down list will appear on the screen from where you have to head JC Bose National Fellowship
- A new page will open on the screen along with all the details about the fellowship program, read it carefully or read this article till the end
- Select the link given in the nomination section or directly click here
- Choose the login option which is available in the top and select new user option
- Fill the details in the application form opened on the screen like
- Email id
- Confirm password
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Identity Proof details
- Captcha code
- Select submit button and further application form will open
- Enter all the details in the application as asked, upload the documents and review the information
- Submit the application form and take print of the filled application form for further use if needed.
You can apply for the fellowship by filling the application form online mode.
You can submit the application anytime as this program application portal is open throughout the year.
Under the JC Bose National Fellowship, all the areas of science are covered.
the duration of the fellowship program is five years. Applicants may continue even after the host institution is willing to accept the fellowship and provide all necessary infrastructure and administrative support
Yes, you have to pay tax for the amount you received under this fellowship program.