Every year Rotary Awards up to 130 fully-funded fellowships for dedicated leaders around the world to study at one of their peace centers. Through academic training, practice, and global networking opportunities, the Rotary Peace Centres program develops the capacity of peace and development professionals to become effective catalysts for peace. The fellowship cover tuition fee, room and board, round-trip transportation, and internship and field-study expenses. The Rotary Peace Fellowship was begun in 2022 and Rotary Peace Centers have trained around 1500 fellows who are now working in over 150 countries. There are many who serve as leaders in governments, NGOs, education and research institutions, peacekeeping and law enforcement agencies, and international organizations like the United Nations and the World Bank.
What Is Rotary Peace Fellowship 2023?
Rotary Peace Fellowship is a fully-funded fellowship that is designed for leaders with work experience in peace and development. The fellowship is committed to community and international service and the pursuit of peace. Every year The Rotary Foundation awards up to 50 fellowships for master’s degrees and 80 for certificate studies at premier universities. If the candidate chooses a Master’s Degree Program then it will last for 15 to 24 months and it includes two to three months of a field study in which participants design themselves. For the Professional Development Certificate Program the Salus complete field studies and they also design and carry out a social change initiative this program is intended for working professionals fellows on a post-graduate diploma upon completion of the program.
Also Check: Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship
Key Highlights of Rotary Peace Fellowship
|Conducted by||The Rotary Peace Foundation|
|Name of fellowship||Rotary Peace Fellowship 2022-23|
|Objective||To provide a Professional Development Certificate Program or Master’s Degree Program|
|Benefits||Fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses|
|Number of scholarships||Up to 50 fellowships for master’s degree and 80 for certificate study|
|Eligibility criteria||Have a bachelor’s degree|
Objective of Rotary Peace Fellowship
Every year Rotary Foundation selects up to 130 peace and development leaders from around the world to receive a fully-funded academic fellowship to pursue a Professional Development Certificate Program or Master’s Degree Program related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention at one of the participating peace centers around the world. Through the fellowship, they provide academic training, practice, and global networking opportunities. The Rotary Peace Centers program develops the capacity of peace and development professionals to become effective catalysts for peace.
Benefits of Rotary Peace Fellowship
The Rotary Foundation Awards up to 50 fellowships for Master’s Degree and 84 Certificate studies at premier universities every year. Fellowships covered tuition and fees, room and board, round trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses. In Rotary peace centers around 1,500 fellows now work in over 115 countries and many service leaders in governments, NGOs, education and research institutions, peacekeeping and law enforcement agencies, and international organizations like the United Nations and the World Bank.
Field of Study in Rotary Peace Fellowship
Professional Development Certificate Program or Master’s Program in fields related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention.
The Rotary Peace Fellowship is designed for professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant have 3 year of related work experience for the master’s program
- Having 5 years of related work experience for the certificate program and being able to explain how their plan to promote peace aligns with the Rotary mission.
- Be Proficient in English.
- Have a bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Have a strong commitment to cross-cultural understanding and peace work in Africa or work with African communities or initiatives outside the continent.
Number of Scholarships
Under Rotary Peace Fellowship up to 50 fellowships for master’s degree and 84 certificate studies are awarded each year.
The deadline for registration is- Update Soon
Also Check: Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship
Application Procedure for Rotary Peace Fellowship 2023
- For registration under Rotary Peace Foundation, the applicant first visits the Rotary Fellowship website of Rotary Foundation.
- The home page will appear on your screen where you have to click on the 3 bar menu option on the left side of the screen.
- Now you have to click on the join link. Then another page will open where you click on the Get started link.
- Now the application page will appear on the screen where you have to endure required it is such as:
- Email ID
- Employer name
- Phone number
- Why do you want to get involved and much more information?
- After filling all the details correctly click on the submit button for the final submission of the application form.
- World Headquarters
- +1 866-976-8279 (toll free)
- +1 847-866-3000
- Rotary International
- One Rotary Center
- 1560 Sherman Ave.
- Evanston, IL 60201-3698, USA
- Visit Us
- Schedule your meeting at Rotary’s world headquarters or take a guided tour of our offices, including the reproduction of Room 711, the birthplace of Rotary.
- Visit Rotary International Headquarters