If you have taken part in sports and you are currently studying at any university in India then you can apply for the Khelo Indian National University game for the 2023 edition which will be held in Uttar Pradesh. The university games are especially available for university students and you can take part in this year’s Khelo India National University Games 2023-24 by visiting the official website of the organization and filling out the application form. Check out the details related to the Khelo India National University Games 2023-24 from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the specifications related to the details for this year’s khelo India game.
About Khelo India National University Games 2023-24
The Khelo India National University Games is a national-level multisport event which is held in India and in this event athletes from different universities across the country compete in different Sports. This is a very prestigious sports event that was inaugurated in Odisha on 22nd February and was concluded on the first of March 2020. The khelo India University game was organized by the Sports Authority of India and the Ministry Of Youth Affairs And Sports along with the different types of Indian universities in order to provide a comfortable space for the people so that they can be recognized for their sport. The students can take part in the third edition of this program which will be held in Uttar Pradesh state this year. The applicant must be above the each of 18 years and below the age of 25 years in order to be identified as an athlete.
Also Check: Technip Energies India Scholarship
Latest Update Of Scholarship
Khelo India National University games will host by the Uttar Pradesh state this year in order to help the athletes get a safe express where they can practice their sports. The top 1000 children will be receiving an annual scholarship of rupees 500000 over 8 years so that they can prepare themselves for international sporting events. There are also trainer programs that will occur in India in which 160 trainers will be receiving training in 4 groups of 40 during December and January. These trainers will help in the development of the athletic abilities of the children who have taken part in the Khelo India games 2023. 6000 athletes will be participating in this year’s program which will occur in Lucknow.
Features Of Khelo India National University Games
You can check out some of the prominent features of the Khelo India University games 2023 here:-
- The competition will be held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh for the year 2023.
- The competition will include around 20 disciplines. Additional locations like Varanasi and Gautam Buddh Nagar might be used if the number rises.
- The planning for the multi-sport event has already begun, according to Navneet Sehgal, Additional Chief Secretary, Department of Sports and Youth Welfare, for Uttar Pradesh.
- The games will take place around the state so that more universities in different cities have the chance to host this grandiose event.
- According to the additional chief secretary for sports Navneet Sehgal, nearly 4,500 athletes representing 150 colleges from throughout the nation will compete for top honors in 20 disciplines.
- Uttar Pradesh would be the first state to hold the National University Games after Odisha and Karnataka.
- Athletes under the age of 26 will compete in the National University Games.
- The tournaments for females will be allotted precise concentration.
- The participants participating in the competition would receive top-notch facilities.
- The administration also declared openly the hiring of 12 retired athletes who made a reputation for themselves at the global tier as coaches for the state government-run sports dormitories in varied domains.
- About 38 more foreign athletes will be employed as trainers for 16 various sports in 44 living hostels.
The preferences to each and every city present in the state for hosting the events is here:-
- As per the preferences put up during a session between Khelo India representatives and Uttar Pradesh government representatives, games like kabaddi, judo, archery, and fencing would be held in Noida, while rowing would take place in Gorakhpur.
- In Varanasi, some games such as wrestling, yoga asana competitions, and malkhamb will take place, while the hanging around contests will be hosted in Lucknow.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the khelo India games:-
- Athletes from all parts of the country can register (all over India).
- Applicants should have a great interest in sports and must be playing particular sports.
- The students must be above the age of 18 years and unblock the age of 25 years in order to participate in the university games.
The following documents must submit while applying for this scheme:-
- Recent passport-sized photograph.
- Aadhaar number
- Identity proof- Aadhaar card/ voter id/ passport
- Date of birth proof- birth certificate/ matriculation certificate/ school bonafide certificate
- Bank Account details with passbook
Also Check: Times of India Scholarship
Khelo India National University Games 2023-24 Application Process
If you want to register for the khelo India games then you will have to follow the simple procedure:-
- First, you will have to visit the Khelo India website of the scheme by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage of the game will be displayed on your screen
- Now you have to click on the option called Sign Up
- A new page will be displayed on your screen where you have to select your role.
- Select the role as per your interest.
- The registration page will be displayed on your screen where you will have to add personal information.
- You have to add the communication address and permanent address.
- Enter the mobile number and email ID.
- Now you will have to enter the sports details and also generate a password.
- Now you can preview your application form and submit it successfully.
- You have to log in using your credentials in order to successfully be eligible for the scheme.
- Toll-Free Number- 18002085155
- Landline Number- 011-40051166
- Email Id- firstname.lastname@example.org