HBCSE Olympiad 2023 will be conducted on a regional level on 29th October 2023 and the International Mathematics Olympiad will be conducted on 21st January 2024. The registration link for the regional Olympiad will be open on the official website on 15th October 2023. Right now, only mathematical Olympiad registration details are available on the official website for the 2024 cycle. People who will perform well in the Regional Olympiad will be qualified for the International Olympiad. Students will have to score at least 10% of the total marks in order to appear for the Olympiad accordingly. Check out more information about the olympiad from the article given below and prepare yourself for the competitive exam.
Importance of HBCSE Olympiad 2023
These types of olympiads are conducted by different organisations available in India to help the students get familiar with competitive exams. It is very difficult to get a good amount of marks in the Olympiad exams, however, it definitely provides you with experience to look forward to other competitive exams. Students must follow the eligibility criteria presented on the official website to consider applying for the exam. Students must get good marks in the regional Olympiad to participate in the HBCSE Olympiad that will be conducted by the organisation. Try to get good marks in the final examination to be eligible for the financial benefits that will be directly transferred to the bank account of the beneficiaries. These types of olympiads are announced every year.
Also Read: Indian National Olympiad
About Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education Foundation Olympiad
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education Foundation Olympiad is a prestigious organisation that creates olympiads every year. Math and Science olympiads are created by the organisation to be considered by the students. There are regional olympiads and international olympiads. Students can try participating in these olympiads to gain exposure. You can also check out the common questions that will also be asked in JEE or other types of competitive examinations. The organisation will provide the Science Olympiad for the academic year 2024 very soon because now the HBCSE Olympiad for Mathematics is only available on the official website. Students can apply for the Olympiad of their choice accordingly.
Key Highlights of the HBCSE Olympiad
|Launched by||Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education Foundation Olympiad|
|Objective||Providing financial assistance|
|Beneficiaries||People getting good marks in the Olympiad|
HDCSE Mathematical Olympiad 2023-2024
The Mathematics Olympiad will be conducted by the organisation very soon to provide proper opportunities to the people who are really good in Mathematics. The 2024 cycle of the Olympiad is now open on the official website. The Olympiad will be completed in three different stages as per the information uploaded on the official website. The regional HBCSE Olympiad will be conducted on 29th October 2023 across the country between 1 to 4 p.m. Students can register for the Olympiad as soon as the registration link is open on the registration portal by 15th October 2023. The people who will get good marks in the regional Olympiad will be selected to appear for the International Olympiad which will be conducted on 21st January 2024.
- Students born between August 1, 2004, and January 1, 2011, and studying in Class 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12, are eligible to write IOQM 2023
- The students must be eligible to hold an Indian passport.
- The student must be residing and studying in India since 30 October 2021 or earlier OR must be studying in an Indian school system since 30 October 2021 or earlier
- The student must not have qualified (or scheduled to appear) class 12 board examination earlier than 30 October 2023.
- The student must not have commenced (or planning to commence) studies in a university or equivalent institution by 1 June, 202
- The INMO 2023 Awardees are eligible to write INMO 2024 directly WITHOUT qualifying through IOQM 2023 and RMO 2023 provided they fulfil the age criteria
Also Read: International English Olympiad
HBCSE Olympiad Schedule
- The Regional Mathematical Olympiad (RMO), 2023 will be held on Sunday, October 29, 2023, across the country between 13:00 and 16:00.
- The registration portal will open by October 15 2023
- Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) will be conducted on January 21, 2024.
- Identity Proof like Aadhar Card, Voter Card, etc.
- Residential Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- 10th Mark Sheet
- 12th Mark Sheet
- The RMO 2023 question paper consists of six questions. The response to each question requires writing detailed mathematical arguments.
- Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) will have 06 questions. The duration of the paper will be 4.5 hours.
- Each question requires writing detailed proof.
- JNV 125 /-
- KV 150 /-
- OTHERS 240 /-
HDCSE Mathematical Olympiad Syllabus
- The syllabus for the Mathematical Olympiad (regional, national and international) is pre-degree college mathematics. The areas covered are arithmetic of integers, geometry, quadratic equations and expressions, trigonometry, co-ordinate geometry, the system of linear equations, permutations and combination, factorization of polynomials, inequalities, elementary combinatorics, probability theory and number theory, finite series, complex numbers, and elementary graph theory. The syllabus does not include calculus and statistics. The major areas from which problems are given are algebra, combinatorics, geometry, and number theory. The syllabus is in a sense spread over Class XI to Class XII levels, but the problems under each topic involve a high level of difficulty and sophistication. The difficulty level increases from RMO to INMO to IMO.
Also Read: SEAMO Olympiad
HBCSE Olympiad Apply Online 2023-24
- You will first have to visit the HBCSE website of the scheme by clicking on the links given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- You have to now click on the option called “How to participate” and then click on the Enrollment option displayed in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the option called Mathematical Olympiad
- Now click on Click here to register.
- The registration form will open on your screen and you can now register yourself to apply for the Olympiad.
- Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
- V. N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd,
- Mumbai-400088, INDIA
- Phone: 022-2507 2207 / 2208
HBCSE Olympiad 2023 FAQs
Students of Class VIII to XII (8-12) are eligible to appear for the first stage of the mathematical olympiad provided they fulfil other criteria.
If you have passed Class 12, you are no longer eligible, even if you have taken a break and are not enrolled in college, or if you are planning to take the Class 12 exam for improvement.
No. Students are advised to retain their admit cards for future needs. The request to generate admit cards again will not be entertained for any stages of mathematical olympiads.
No. Once the marks are finalized after re-evaluation, there will be no change in whatsoever manner. Please note that no query or representation in this regard will be entertained.