We all are aware of the increasing craze for Korean culture in our country so if you are a student who is pursuing a master’s degree internationally then you will be highly benefited from KGSP Korean Government Scholarship Program 2022 available by the Korean and Indian Government in collaboration. Given below are the details regarding the new scholarship scheme presented by the Indian and the Korean Government for international students. You can check the eligibility criteria, educational criteria, and the step-by-step procedure to fill up the online form for the scholarship given below in the following article.
KGSP Korean Government Scholarship Program 2022
The Government of India and the Korean Government have started a new scholarship program specially available for international undergraduate or graduate students who are currently pursuing a master’s degree or any research program. The main motive of this scholarship scheme is to increase and encourage the international exchange of education between Korea and India. It will make the relation between the two countries stronger academically. Anyone who is eligible for this scheme can apply for it by filling out the application form.
Details Of Korean Government Scholarship Program
|Name||KGSP Korean Government Scholarship Program 2022|
|Launched by||Government of India and the Korean Government|
|Objective||increase and encourage the international exchange of education between Korea and India|
KGSP Important Dates
|Applications Released||September (One year prior)||February (One year prior)|
|Recommendation||October – November (One year prior)||March – April (One year prior)|
|Results||January (Planned year)||June (Planned year)|
|Arrival in Korea||February End (Planned year)||August End (Planned year)|
KGSP Program Eligibility
Given below is the table indicating the details of the program and the eligibility criteria that the candidates must follow to be eligible for this scheme:-
|Programs Offered||Applicant’s Criteria (2021)|
|Master Program||Less than 45 years bachelor’s or Equivalent Degree|
|Doctoral Program||Less than 40 years master’s or Equivalent Degree|
|Research Program||Less than 45 years He/she must hold an invitation from one of the National Institute of International Education (NIIED’s) designated Korean universities.|
|Post Doctoral Research Program||Doctoral Degree or Equivalent Education|
|Professor Exchange Program||Master’s Degree or Equivalent Education|
|Program for Education, Science, Culture(International Professionals)||Master’s Degree or Equivalent Education|
The following documents must be submitted by the candidates to apply for this scholarship:–
- Mark sheets and certificate for 10th standard.
- Mark sheets and certificates for the 12th standard.
- Transcripts of the applicants higher qualifications
- Bachelors/Masters/Doctoral degree or equivalent
Benefits Of The Scholarship
The following benefits will be provided in this scholarship scheme:-
|Monthly Living Allowance||Masters & PhD – KRW 900,000Research Program – KRW 1,500,000|
|Settlement Allowance||KRW 200,000 (One Time)|
|Korean Proficiency Allowance Award||KRW 100,000|
|Medical Allowance||KRW 20,000 (Per Month)|
|Research Allowance||Liberal Arts & Social Science – KRW 210,000Natural Science & Engineering – KRW 240,000|
|Printing Fee Reimbursement||Liberal Arts & Social Science – KRW 500,000Natural Science & Engineering – KRW 800,000|
|Tuition Fee||Up to KRW 500,000 per semester|
|Degree Completion||KRW 100,000|
The applicant will be selected based upon the following selection procedure:-
- Shortlisting of applicants on the basis of the application
- The application screening and evaluation will be based on the following criteria-
- Academic transcript
- Personal statement
- Statement of purpose or research proposal
- Letters of recommendation
- Certificates of language proficiency, publications, awards etc.
- Comprehensive medical examination
- The merit list will be drawn out by giving weightage to Centrally Funded Educational Institutions (CFEI’s), Institutions of National Importance and NAAC accredited institutions from where the applicant has completed his/her qualifying examination.
Terms and Conditions
You must follow the following terms and conditions to be eligible for this scholarship:-
- Employed applicants must obtain a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their previous employer and in the case of a government employee, a cadre clearance is mandatorily required.
- Stating false facts in the application form or purposely hiding facts will lead to disqualification.
- The subject fields included in the program are-
- Korean Language and Literature
- International Relations (including Korean Studies)
- Electronic engineering
- A total of 15 applicants will be selected out of which ten students will be awarded the scholarship by the Government of the Republic of Korea.
- There are 3 levels of study available through the scholarship constituting the Master’s, Doctoral and Research level studies.
Application Procedure KGSP Korean Government Scholarship Program 2022
To apply for the scholarship you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- Go to the official website of the Sakshat portal of the Ministry of Human Resource Development
- The home page will be displayed on your screen.
- You have to click on the option for the Korean Government Scholarship 2021
- The details of the scholarship will be displayed on your screen
- You have to click on the Apply Online button
- The application form will be displayed on your screen.
- Fill up the application form.
- Take a printout of the application form.
- Attach all of the documents.
- You can also send your application form directly to this address-
- The Under Secretary (Scholarship),
- Ministry of Human Resource Development,
- Department of Higher Education,
- West Block – 1, 2nd Floor, Wing-6,
- R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110066
- 191, Jeongjail-ro, Bundang-gu,
- Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do,
- Korea, Zip Code: 13557
- Phone: 02-3668-1490,1491
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org