Oxfam Foundation is working in Asia to support the population to overcome poverty, inequality, environmental conditions, and many other problems. For these conditions, Oxfam is introducing a fellowship scheme called Oxfam Young Leaders Fellowship 2023 for appointing young postgraduates to work on a concept of their choice which may improve the civic climate in their nation or address issues like soaring inequality, global warming, gender equity, and social justice. This Oxfam Young Leaders Fellowship 2023 will guide the young fellows to strengthen their concepts and create some projects which will be beneficial for making social changes. The fellows get an opportunity to get mentorship from the best Oxfam senior staff and partners to develop their leadership qualities and guide them to explore different civic areas. The select fellow will get a fixed amount of fellowships quarterly or annually after the project execution.
About Oxfam Organization
Oxfam is a global movement that works to create an environment where there will be no inequality, deficiency of resources, and low economic value. The Asian area of the world is developing economically but the difference between rich and poor is still the same. Poor is still poor even with the high economic value of that particular country. The Oxfam Foundation aims to make a world free of poverty. The people should know their rights and values and treat them equally. The Oxfam Foundation works to provide food, shelter, water and other living resources to poor men and women. The dream is to make men and women empowered and get equality. The people who are affected by disaster will start again making their lives better and face the world with more strength and enthusiasm.
Also Read: IDEX Fellowship
Objective of Oxfam Young Leaders Fellowship 2023
The main aim of Oxfam Young Leaders Fellowship is to provide an opportunity to the young leaders who are postgraduate to work on environmental changes, poverty, inequality. The curriculum will give young people the necessary tools, practical training, and close mentoring to increase their capacity to effect social change. The fellowship will provide funds to the eight selected fellows to work on a project of their interest that could improve civic space in their nation or address issues with rising inequality, climate change, gender justice, and social justice.
Benefits of Oxfam Young Leaders Fellowship
The selected fellows will get the following advantages under the fellowship:
- The Oxfam Young Leader Fellowship will provide an opportunity to the young leaders to make an environmental change for the betterment of countries.
- The selected fellows will get a fixed amount of benefit for quarterly or annually after the project execution.
- Fellows get an opportunity to do international learning and project exposure.
- The fellows will get a chance to get mentorship by the Oxfam mentors and partners.
- The fellows get a possibility of collaborating with Oxfam Leadership and cohorts from various regions
- Assistance in separately forming a smaller network for lobbying and activism
- A chance to comprehend and gain knowledge of the United Nations, multilateral organisations, and the field of international development.
The candidate who want to apply for the fellowship must fulfil the following criteria:
- The applicant who want to be a part of fellowship must be a permanent resident of following countries:
- Hong Kong-SAR
- The applicant must be 27 years old or under it.
- The candidate must be enrolled in post graduation courses with leadership quality and skills.
- If a candidate completed the post graduation from a professional course and has work experience in the field of civic space and civic organisation will be considered.
- Candidates must have capability to work on a given project independently.
- Must have interest on the following topics: economic inequality, climate justice, gender rights, data justice and digital rights, and strengthening civic rights and spaces.
- Womens and mens from different regions may apply for the fellowship.
- If candidates have interest in digital marketing, management, media and development can also apply.
Overview of Oxfam Young Leaders Fellowship 2023
|Launched by||Oxfam Foundation|
|Name of Fellowship||Oxfam Young Leaders Fellowship 2023|
|Objective||To provide an opportunity to the young leaders who are postgraduate to work on environmental changes, poverty, inequality.|
|Benefits||Fellows get an opportunity to do international learning and project exposure.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Post Graduation|
|Deadline||30th April 2023|
|Official Website||Oxfam Fellowship|
Duration of The fellowship
The fellows get a chance to work on the project for the duration of 9 months. They will do research on issues of civic activism, social justice, gender justice, climate justice or inequality.
- Letter of motivation( not more than 1 pages)
- Resume( 2 pages)
- Project pitch(not more than 2 pages)
Also Check: New Futures Fellowship
Application Procedure for Oxfam Young Leaders Fellowship 2023
Applicants must follow the given instructions for registration under the fellowship:
- Applicants must need to click on the following link which says Google Form.
- As you click on the link the Registration page of Oxfam will appear on your screen.
- Here you have to enter the following details:
- Email id
- Educational qualification
- Phone number
- Line ID\WEChat\Whatsapp
- After that you have to submit the following documents:
- Letter of Application
- Project Pitch
- As you complete the following steps you need to click on the Submit button for completing the registration.
- Applicants need to visit the official website of Oxfam.
- The homepage will open on your screen.
- Here you need to click on the Contact us option.
- Now the contact page will open where you have yo fill the following details:
- Email id
- After this you have to click on the submit button.
Oxfam Young Leaders Fellowship 2023 FAQs
The last for application form submission will be on 30th of April 2023.
Following countries can participate for fellowship:Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong-SAR, India, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam.
All the fellows must be fluent in the English language with the knowledge of native language.