MOBC Scholarship 2024 was launched by the Manipur state. The MOBC scholarship was launched by the Manipur government to help minorities and other backward classes in the state. This Scholarship will provide financial assistance to minorities and other classes in the Manipur state so that they can continue their education. The Manipur minorities and other backward classes launched a bunch of scholarships for all kinds of students in the Manipur state. This scholarship will help students who want to pursue higher education but due to financial instability, they cannot. To apply for the MOBC scholarship you need to fill out the application form online.
Overview of MOBC Scholarship
The Manipur minorities and other backward classes under the Manipur government launched a bunch of different scholarships for the students of Manipur. This scholarship will provide financial assistance to the students to continue their education. All the Students who clear the eligibility criteria can fill out the application form for the MOBC Scholarship. The application form is easily available on the official website of MOBC Scholarship. The MOBC scholarship is a great opportunity for all students who want to pursue higher education without worrying about financial problems. This scholarship is for school students who are currently studying in a recognized board in Manipur state.
Also Check: Manipur Scholarship
Objective of MOBC Scholarship
The main objective of launching the MOBC Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to financially backward students. This scholarship will help the students who belong to the minorities and backward classes. All the students who want to pursue higher education can apply for the MOBC scholarship. This scholarship will help to reduce the dropout rate among the minorities and backward classes in the Manipur state. All the students who pass the eligibility criteria can apply for the MOBC scholarship by filling out the application on the official website. This scholarship will also increase the education rate of Manipur state.
Key Highlights of MOBC Scholarship 2024
|Name of the scholarship
|MOBC Scholarship 2024
|Provide financial assistance
|Minorities and other backward classes
List of Scholarship Under MOBC Manipur
|Department of Education(S) – Manipur
|Merit Scholarship Scheme For Class X And Class XII Passed Students
|State Competitve Scholarship for Class V And Class VIII
|University & Higher Education Department – Manipur
|State Merit Scholarship
|ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region
|Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
|Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
|Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
|Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
Merit Scholarship Scheme For Class X And Class XII Passed Students
The MOBC Scholarship 2024 launched the merit scholarship scheme for students of class 11th and class 12th. The students who have cleared their class 10th and class 12th examinations are eligible to apply for the merit scholarship scheme. The merit scholarship will be awarded to those students who pass the class X examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Manipur(BSEM) and the class XII examination conducted by the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Manipur (COHSEM). The class 10th scholarship will be provided to the first 300 students who have cleared their class 10th examination. The class 12 scholarship will be given to the first 125 students of Science, 125 students of Social Sciences and 50 students of Commerce who passed the class XII examination.
Also Check: National Scholarship Portal
- A student in full-time employment will not be eligible for the award of the scholarship.
- A student should not be under any other scholarship
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination a year before the year of the scholarship award will not be eligible for consideration.
- If a scholar gives up the chosen course of study before its completion or if he changes the course of study without the approval of the State Government the scholarship will be canceled.
- Where a scholar has shifted to another course instead of continuing with the course for which the scholarship was originally granted e.g. a scholar who was studying in the first year of 2 years(10+2) course or first year of 3 year degree course on passing the first year shifts to Engineering or another similar course, the scholarship may be renewed for the Engineering or other course.
- The decision of the awarding authority is final.
State Competitive Scholarship for Class V And Class VIII
The MOBC scholarship launched the state comparative Discovery for class 5th and class 6 of Manipur state. All the students who are studying in Classes 5 and 8 are eligible to apply for the MOBC state comparative scholarship scheme. The subjects included in the state Competitive scholarship are Hindi, English, Math, Science, Social Science, and Manipuri. The question paper of each subject has a total of 100 marks which adds up to a total of 600 marks. The examination will held in the school selected by the Education Commission of Manipur state. For students belonging to the general category, who have scored above 60% are selected for the scholarship. And 50% is the cutoff for the SC/ST category students.
- The applicant must be a permanent citizen of the Manipur state.
- The applicant must be studying in classes 5 to 8 in a recognized board in the Manipur state.
- The applicant must score 60% for the general and 50% for the SC/ST category to be selected for the scholarship.
- The answer scripts of the scholarship will be public within 3 months of announcing the result
ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region
The Ishan Uday scheme was created by the Indian government to provide educational importance for the people who are living in the North Eastern regions of India. The scheme was created by the government of India to provide financial assistance to the people who are not able to continue their education, especially in the North Eastern region. The gross educational rate of the area will be increased through the development of the prestigious scheme created by the Indian government. The scholarship will only be available to people who belong to the economically backward section of the society and they must be permanent residents of the states coming in the Northern region of India.
- Students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a
- school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) only, and have secured admission in general degree courses, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions recognized
- Only first-year Undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship. For integrated degree courses, the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses, the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree
- only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for a scholarship.
- For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student
- should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
- Aadhaar Card
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Last Year’s Mark Sheet
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Bank Passbook, etc.
- Under the merit Scholarship Scheme For Class X And Class XII, the class 12th students will get INR 12000 per annum and class 10th will get INR 6000 per annum
- Under the State Competitive Scholarship for Class V And Class VIII, the Class 5th students will get INR 75 per month and Class 8th students will get INR 100 per month
- An amount of Rs.5400/- p.m. for General Degree courses and Rs. 7800/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
- The candidate will be selected based on their clearance of eligibility criteria.
- Only permanent citizens of Manipur state are eligible to apply for the MOBC scholarship
- The student must be studying in a government board in the Manipur state.
- Under the merits scheme of class 10th and 12th the student in full-time employment will not be eligible for the award of the scholarship.
- The student must fill out the application form correctly to be selected for the scholarship.
- The student must have all the required documents to avail of the benefits of the scholarship.
Also Check: Scholarship Status
MOBC Scholarship Apply Online 2024
- To apply for the scholarship first you need to go to the MOBC Website
- On the homepage click on the option New Registration
- A new page will appear on your screen
- Click on the option to continue
- Fill in your mobile number and click on the option verify
- Fill out all the information
- And click on the option submit to complete your process
- helpdesk[at]nsp[dot]gov[dot]in or 0120 – 6619540
MOBC Scholarship 2024 FAQs
Only the students of Manipur state can apply for the MOBC Scholarship 2024.
Only the students who are studying in school from classes 5 to 8 are eligible to apply for the State Competitive Scholarship.
The student will be selected on the basis of their clearance of eligibility criteria.
Selected students under the merit scholarship scheme will get INR 12000 per year for class 12th and INR 6000 per year for class 10th.