The MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship is available to overseas students enrolling in an MPOWER partner college or university in the United States. The MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship for 2022-2023 is now accepting applications. This grant is given to international and DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) students attending MPOWER’s partner colleges and universities. MPOWER is credited with not just increasing access to higher education, but also producing globally-minded, multilingual, culturally competent graduates ready to tackle the world’s most critical issues in science, technology, business, and public policy. Read below to check the detailed information related to MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship 2022 like Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedures, Selection Criteria, Terms and Conditions, and much more.
MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship 2022
The MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship Program is for students over the age of 18 who want to obtain higher education in the United States or Canada. MPOWER Financing hopes to assist overseas students and their professional goals with this scholarship initiative. A scholarship of up to USD 5,000 is available to students. The MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship was established to recognize these students’ remarkable potential. The Scholarship program was created to be as comprehensive as feasible to reflect the wide range of experiences that international students have. It is not necessary to be an MPOWER borrower to apply.
Benefits of MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship
Some of the key benefits of the Scholarship are as follows:
- One big prize of USD 5,000 is offered.
- Honorable Mentions (2): 1,000 USD
Applicants who want to apply for the MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship 2022 must fulfill the eligibility criteria put forward by the Government. The eligibility criteria for MPOWER Global Scholarship 2022 are as follows:
- An applicant must meet the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship:
- Have been approved or enrolled in a full-time program at an MPOWER Partner College or University in the United States or Canada.
- Have one of the following visa categories:
- F1 visa status, Green Card holder (permanent residence) status, or DACA recipient status are required for study at a US partner college or university.
- A permanent resident or holder of a Canadian study permit is required to study at a Canadian partner college or university.
MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship Criteria for Selection
Scholarship winners will be chosen purely based on their essay answers. Scholarship essays will be judged by an independent MPOWER committee. The winners will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- The degree to which the applicant’s preferred subject of study and his or her aims and aspirations are linked
- The essay’s quality; the essay should display clarity of thought, compelling aims and vision, and exceptional English communication abilities;
- Grammar, spelling, and vocabulary will be assessed, as well as creativity and originality, and overall quality and coherence.
- The applicant’s ability to create a good effect as a scientist, entrepreneur, leader, and/or change-maker
- Winners will be notified and asked to produce evidence of enrolment as well as other papers to verify their eligibility.
Steps to Apply for MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship 2022
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to apply for the MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship 2022
- First of all, go to the official website of the MPOWER Financing
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on Apply Now button
- Once you will click on the Apply Now button, the Global Citizen Scholarship Application form will open on the screen
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details like:
- Email ID
- Date of Birth
- Country of citizenship*
- Country of Study*
- immigration status in your country of study:*
- Name of U.S. or Canadian college or university?*
- In what country do you plan to work immediately after you graduate?
- Essay Question, etc
- After that mark the ‘I Agree’ button and enter the captcha code
- Now, review and recheck the application form to avoid any mistakes
- Finally, click on the Submit button to complete the application process
Terms and Conditions for MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship 2022
- Any scholarship transfer or attempted transfer is invalid.
- Within 8 weeks of the deadline, the scholarship awardees will be notified.
- The number of entries received and the quality of the essays submitted by all Entrants will determine the odds of winning.
- All winners must complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility as well as a Liability and Publicity Release.
- No substitutes are authorized for any prize that has been awarded. A reward may not be sold, assigned, or otherwise transferred to anyone other than the person who submitted the entry.
For further details or in case of any query or complaint related to the Scholarship 2022, feel free to contact on the below-given details:
- MPOWER Financing,
- Public Benefit Corporation,
- 1101 Connecticut Avenue NW,
- 9th Floor, Washington,
- District of Columbia 20006
- Phone Number: +91-974-099-3115
By the competition’s deadline, you must have your visa stamped in your passport.
For this scholarship cycle, MPOWER will award one $5,000 grand prize scholarship and two $1,000 scholarships.
The application deadline for this cycle is July 15, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).