Mumbai University Scholarship 2023 will be helping the students to get financial assistance. This scholarship is especially available for students belonging to the backward section of the society. The students will be able to take their admission to the college and then they can apply for the scholarship to cover their tuition fees. The students who are coming from the economically backward section of society can fill out the application form for this scholarship after their admission is finalized by the concerned authorities of Mumbai University. The students can check out the major information about Mumbai University 2023 from the article mentioned below. You have to make sure that you are filling out the application form before the last day to be eligible for the opportunities.
Objective of Mumbai University Scholarship 2023
The main objective of launching the different types of scholarship is to help the students to continue their education because sometimes the students are coming from such a livelihood that they are not able to afford basic education. Scholarships are particularly important for the people with a low income because it helps them to get an education and build a career accordingly. The people can apply for the Mumbai University scholarship 2023 to get financial assistance so that it can cover the tuition fees of prestigious colleges and Institutions. If you are planning to get a professional degree then you will have to apply for a scholarship because professional degrees are very expensive. The people who are facing issues related to money can apply for the scholarship as soon as their admission is finalized.
Also Check: Shahrukh Khan Scholarship La Trobe University Ph.D. Scholarship
The applicant will have to follow very special eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for the scholarship and you can check out the same from the pointers given below:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India
- The applicant must be studying at Mumbai University
- The applicant must have a good academic background.
- The target audience for the scholarship may vary depending on the specific scholarship program. However, generally, scholarships are aimed at helping students who face financial difficulties pursue their education. Therefore, the target audience may include students from lower-income families or those who face financial challenges in pursuing their studies.
Benefits Of Mumbai University Scholarship
There are a lot of benefits that will be provided to the people who are applying for the Mumbai University Scholarship 2023 and some of them are given here:
- The applicant will be provided financial assistance after they have filled out the application form.
- The applicant will be provided opportunities so that their expenses are covered including tuition fees, books, accommodation, and other academic expenses.
- The students will be able to continue their education without having to worry about the expensive fees that they need to give to prestigious colleges.
- The students will be able to let go of their student loans or any other loan that they have accumulated over the period to achieve their academic goals.
- The students will be able to support their parents also if the parents are struggling with poverty and belong to the economically backward section of society.
Types of Mumbai University Scholarship 2023
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt. of India provides Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship Scheme (RGNFS) for SC/ST candidates. This provides training in new social science research methods and a scholarship for pursuing an MS degree in France. Additionally, applications are invited for PhD fellowships
- The Departments of Physics/Economics/Statistics provide Narotam Sekhsaria Fellowships for Research. Individuals who hold a Master’s degree in Physics/Demography/Statistics with at least 55% marks from a recognized university, and who are below the age of 25 years are eligible. The fellowship lasts for three years and provides Rs.8000 p.m. in the first year, Rs.10,000 p.m. in the second year, and Rs.12,000 p.m. in the third year. Additionally, an annual contingency grant of Rs. 25,000 is available in each of the three years.
- The Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd. and the University of Mumbai have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding to establish a Chair in the Department of Economics, with the primary objective of promoting research in commodities and commodity trading. Two fellowships are available under this program, named after Sarvashree Madhusudan Daga and Dr Madhoo Pavaskar, each worth Rs. 75,000 per year.
- Vibhooti Shukla Endowment in Urban Economics and Regional Development scholarship awards a monthly stipend of Rs. 5000 for doctoral studies in the field. The scholarship can be extended for an additional two years. Applicants who have obtained a high second class in their MA degree in Economics are eligible to apply. The candidates must submit a thesis proposal of about one thousand words to apply.
- The Lotus Foundation Scholarship is awarded to a student who scores the highest marks in their Management Studies M.Com. program. The scholarship provides Rs.1,800 per annum for two years.
- The Syndicate Bank Golden Jubilee Scholarship is awarded every alternate year (even year) to the student who scores the highest marks in their B.Com. degree exam. They must continue their studies for the M.Com. degree examination. The scholarship value is Rs.900 per annum for two years.
- The Late Shri Mohan Lal Tanna Foreign Scholarship is awarded annually to the student who passes their B.Com. degree examination on their first attempt with the highest marks and continue M.Com., MBA, or CA examination at a recognized foreign university. The amount is Rs.5,000 per annum for two years.
- The Late Shri Mohan Lal Tannan Scholarship is awarded annually to the student who passes their B.Com. degree examination on their first attempt with the highest marks and continue the M.Com. degree examination at the university. The amount is Rs.1,200 per annum for two years.
- The Principal K.M. Kundanani Scholarship is awarded annually. The student who scores the highest marks on aggregate among the successful candidates at the Final examination for the degree of B.Sc., B.Com., and B.A are eligible. The amount is Rs.1,170 per annum for one year.
Also Check: Manipal University Scholarship
Mumbai University Scholarship 2023 Application Process
The candidates can fill out their application form by visiting the official website of the Maharashtra DBT portal which is the official portal for the Maharashtra University scholarships. You can check out the simple procedure to fill out the application form from the pointers given below:
- You will first have to visit the Mumbai Scholarship website of the scholarship scheme by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage of the organization will be displayed on your screen.
- Click on the option of your prescribed scholarship.
- A new page will be displayed on your screen.
- You have to click on the option called New Applicant Registration.
- The registration form will be displayed on your screen.
- You have to include all of the details related to your personal information.
- Successfully register yourself and make a username and password according to your wish.
- Keep the username and password safe and secure for future login.
Guidelines On How To Fill The Application Form
There are certain guidelines that the students must follow while filling out the application form and given below we are discussing some of the major guidelines for the help of the students:
- The applicants must make sure that they have all of the important documents when they are filling out the application form. This may include an income certificate and even identity proof.
- The applicant must make sure that their PAN card and aadhar card are successfully linked on the official website and they must also make sure that all of the information present in all of their certificates must be matching.
- The applicant must follow all of the instructions that are included in the application form while filling out the application form to avoid getting rejected.
- The applicant must submit the application form before the last date. You must also take care of the deadlines.
- Late applications may not be accepted, regardless of the circumstances.
Tips for a Successful Application
Check out some of the successful tips and tricks from the pointers given below and prepare yourself for the scholarship application:
- The applicant must read the instructions carefully before filling out the application form because once you have submitted the application form you will not be able to edit the application form accordingly.
- The applicants are required to follow the eligibility criteria to successfully apply for the scholarship because if you are not following the eligibility criteria then you will be rejected.
- If you have to write a scholarship essay, make sure that you are including your achievements and the extracurricular activities that you have pursued during the previous year to highlight your advantages.
- When you have filled out your application make sure that you are reviewing your application to eliminate any errors or grammatical mistakes that you have made during your application.
- Once again the students are requested to take care of the application guidelines because the application will not be accepted after the last date.
Mumbai University Scholarship 2023 offers very good opportunities for the students of Mumbai and it is a great way to continue your education institutes which have expensive fees. Scholarships will be helping students to overcome the financial burden and they will also help just students to overcome the loans that they have taken in the past. Apply now and get the benefits!
- Kalina Campus: 022 26543000 Fort: 0222708700
Mumbai University Scholarship FAQs
Mumbai University Scholarship 2023 is a financial aid program. This will support the students who are coming from poverty.
The applicants must be enrolled in a full-time program at the University of Mumbai. You can follow the eligibility criteria according to the scholarship that you are applying for.
The applicants are required to submit their identity proof along with their address proof to successfully apply for the scholarship.
The selection procedure will include scrutinizing the application that is submitted by the applicant and also the application will be reviewed according to the income criteria.
The applicant must apply for the scholarship before the end of the semester to get all of the benefits to them.