Savitribai Phule Graduate Scholarship 2023 is created by Oxford University in order to provide financial support to people who are coming from the underprivileged section of society in India. The scholarship will only be available for people who are coming from marginalized communities and want to continue their education in Oxford. Oxford University is one of the most prestigious Universities public in the world and in order to continue your education at Oxford you need a large amount of money. If you do not have that money then you can apply for this scholarship presented by the organization. However, the students must follow the eligibility criteria presented by Oxford University and secure admission in order to get the benefit of this scholarship successfully. Check out more information about the same from the article given below.
Objective of Savitribai Phule Graduate Scholarship 2023
In order to take admitted to Oxford University you need a large sum of money but sometimes people coming from the economically backward section of society do not have that money. To help the people who are coming from the marginalized community the new scholarship is presented by Oxford University but Savitribai Phule Graduate Scholarship is only available for the Indian students who belong to the economically backward section of the society. People can fill out the application form for the scholarship after they have secured admission to Oxford University. If you belong to Dalit, Bahujan, or Adivasi community then you will be eligible to apply for this official scholarship scheme which is recognized by Oxford University. First-generation learners will also get the opportunity to apply for this scholarship.
Also Read: Savitribai Phule Scholarship
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for the prestigious scheme:
- The applicant must be a resident of India.
- The applicant must belong to the following categories:
- Dalit, Bahujan and Adivasi (SC/ST/OBC)
- First generation learners
- The following courses are eligible:
- MSc Biodiversity Conservation and Management
- MSc Economics for Development
- MSc Environmental Change and Management
- MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy
- MSc Modern South Asian Studies
- MSc Nature, Society and Environmental Governance
- MSc Water Science, Policy and Management
- MSc Energy Systems
The following benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for this prestigious scheme:
- The scholarship covers course fees and a grant for living costs. Awards are made for the duration of fee liability for the course.
- One scholarship is available for 2023 entry.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic performance of the candidate.
- The students will be provided with a scholarship based on the relevance of studies to the Centre’s interdisciplinary aims.
- This scholarship will be awarded on the basis of the understanding of the development challenges that are faced by our country and also the leadership and entrepreneurship potential of the students.
- Students will be selected on the basis of the performance that they are putting forward towards the community. The students will have to perform really well in their academics.
- The financial needs of the students will also be taken into concentration in order to successfully give the benefit of the scholarship to all of the students.
Also Check: Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship
Savitribai Phule Graduate Scholarship 2023 Application Process
- This scholarship is only tenable at Somerville.
- All eligible candidates who have applied for graduate study by the relevant funding deadline will be considered, regardless of which college preference is included in the graduate application.
- Successful candidates will be transferred to Somerville in order to take up the scholarship.
- When you complete the UCAS application form, you will be prompted to either name a college like Somerville as your preferred choice or to make an “open application” which leaves the decision up to the Admissions Office computer.
- Around 20% of Oxford applicants opt for an open application.
- If you are allocated to Somerville, your choice to make an open application will not influence any decisions we make about whether to interview or admit you.
- Somerville College
- Woodstock Road, Oxford, OX2 6HD
- Tel: +44 1865 270600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Savitribai Phule Graduate Scholarship 2023 FAQs
The students have to apply for admission to Oxford University and then they will be eligible for the scholarship automatically regardless of their college preference. This scholarship is only tenable at Somerville.
The applicant must be a permanent resident of India and belong to a backward caste to apply for the prestigious scholarship scheme.
There is only one scholarship available for the academic year 2023 so you must fill out the application form and take admission as soon as possible in order to be eligible.
The scholarship covers course fees and a grant for living costs. Awards are made for the duration of fee liability for the course. You will easily be able to continue your education using this scholarship