If you want to utilize your summer or work on innovative solutions to the climate crisis. And if you are an undergraduate, graduate, or postdoctoral student with either rigorous academic resource skills or cutting-edge, digital design, video production, media pitching, or another creative communication talent. Then you have an opportunity under which you can work with peers from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to apply your research and communication skills to real-world problems. So, New Futures Fellowship is accepting applications from anywhere in the world for a three-month online Fellowship that melds rigorous research with advocacy, to create new approaches to sustainability. This article will provide each and every detail about the New Future Fellowship, its eligibility criteria, objective, benefits, application procedure, and much more.
New Futures Fellowship 2023
New future Fellowship for young people who are at the forefront of climate activism, with urgent demands for decision-makers to move fast and decisively. The movement of climate justice needs everyone to get involved and to keep Building New pathways to progress. The fellowship is an opportunity to do this. The fellowship brings together Researchers and Advocates from different disciplines, countries, and backgrounds to share their ideas, expertise, and commitments for change. This year’s themes of health, the music industry, and the Web offer opportunities to formulate practical ways forward to real-world problems. In each of these areas, Fellowship teams will work collaboratively to select a focus that is grounded in concrete evidence and potential to accelerate change.
Key Highlights of New Futures Fellowship
|Name of Fellowship||New Future Fellowship 2023|
|Themes under fellowship||Health, Music, and Web3|
|Objective||Research and Action to solve the climate crisis|
|Eligibility criteria||Researchers and Advocates|
|Last date||Updated Soon|
Objective of New Futures Fellowship
The main objective of the New Future Fellowship is to do some Research and Action to solve the climate crisis. The progress is too slow to address the scale of the crisis and focus on the people who bear the most devastating effect of climate change. The movement for climate justice needs everyone to get involved to keep building new pathways to progress. This New Future Fellowship will provide an opportunity where the Researchers and Advocates were brought together to innovate some ideas or show their expertise and commitments for the changing climate crisis.
Benefits of New Futures Fellowship
Under New Future Fellowship the fellows will get a $1000 stipend.
SPI can also offer documentation for academic or internship credit if relevant.
Fellowship Themes for 2023: Health, Music, and Web3
Climate + Health
Health and well-being are inextricably connected to the climate crisis. Rooted in Sustainable Development Goal 3, this fellowship group will focus on an aspect of this connection. Areas of interest may include climate-related: bodily harm and diseases, mental health and eco-anxiety, unequal access to health services, oral health, health education, or any other health-related topic relevant to the interests of the fellowship group. This research is meant to result in advocacy-based recommendations and human rights-respecting solutions to climate-change-driven health issues.
Climate + Music
The music entertainment industry is a microcosm of the climate crisis. It touches many of the human contributions to climate change: travel, construction, energy, production, and communication. However, for many people, listening to music is an emotional experience, a mode of escape from the problems of everyday life. This fellowship group will focus on one or more areas of the music industry, proposing solutions for federal or local policy, venue policy, recommendations for artists and fans, and/or any number of innovative, equitable solutions.
Climate + Web3
Potentially tackling approaches to decentralized finance, art production, NFTs, and/or the metaverse, this fellowship group will research an aspect of how our digital future will interact with climate change, the existential threat of our time, and propose potential U.S. federal policy solutions that will address both climate and community impact.
- The fellowship is open for undergraduate and graduate students who are currently enrolled in a degree program or entered a degree program by January 2023.
- For the Climate and Health theme and the Climate and Music theme, fellows can be citizens of or located in any country in the world. The Web3 theme is limited to US residents or citizens.
- All Fellowship activities will be fully online, and followers must have regular internet access to Participate. Fellowship activities will be in English and fellows must be able to work and write fluently in English.
- Research and Advocacy follows may come from any field of study including natural and physical science, social science, arts and humanities. For the advocacy fellowship, applicants are welcome from, but not limited to majors in communication, journalism, marketing, Public relations or similar fields.
- The last date for registration under New Future Fellowship is Updated Soon.
- The shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview in mid-April.
- Fellowship Dates: May 22-September 2 (including mandatory full 2- day orientation on May 28-29)
Application Procedure for New Futures Fellowship 2023
- The applicant first visits the official website of the New Future Fellowship.
- The home page will appear on the screen where you scroll down to click on the link to Apply Now.
- Application page will have your screen where you have to enter your details such as:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Country of citizenship
- The current level of education
- What academic institution are you
- A major area of focus
- Expected degree completion date, etc.
- After filling in your details and submitting the required documents click on the submit button for the final submission of the application form.