NIF Translation Fellowship has been introduced by the new India Foundation. This fellowship program has been started to bring nonfiction work from Indian languages to English. To do so recently NIF has announced 3 awards from 10 languages across the country for research and translation of non-fiction texts published from 1850 onwards. To know more information you have to read the further section of this article. This article includes NIF Translation Fellowship related details including the last date, the application process, awardees, and more.
NIF Translation Fellowship 2022
New India Foundation has selected three languages out of 10 languages for research. This scheme has been started for the academician, literary translator, statistician, and literary historian of different languages in India. The applicant selected for this fellowship program will get a cash award. Selection of the candidates will be made by the expert committee. In each round of the NIF Translation Fellowships, alternate languages will use to ensure that we support a pan-Indian representation of linguistic diversity.
Highlights Of NIF Translation Fellowship
- Name of the scheme: NIF Translation Fellowship
- Launched by: New India Foundation
- Benefits: Monetary
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: www.newindiafoundation.org
Objective Of NIF Translation Fellowship
The main motive of NIF behind this Fellowship is to make these more accessible to newer audiences.
Benefits Of NIF Translation Fellowship
Under the NIF translation fellowship, program beneficiaries will get INR 6 lakh rupees. Recently the foundation has announced three awards to
- Venkateswar Ramaswamy (literary translator) & Amlan Biswas (statistician) to translate Nirmal Kumar Bose’s Diaries 1946-47 from Bangla,
- NS Guntur (academician and literary historian) to translate DR Nagaraj’s Allamaprabhu Mattu Shaiva Pratibhe from Kannada
- Rahul Sarwate (academician and historian) translated Sharad Patil’s Marxvad: Phule-Ambedkarvaad from Marathi.
This fellowship program has been started to bring non-fiction works from Indian languages to English. To do so translators of different languages are required. There are no constraints regarding the genre or style of the original text, the nationality of the translator, or the ideology of the material.
Selection of the candidates will be made by the selection committee language experts.
- The online application form filling process will start in August 2023
- The last date of submission of the application form is in December 2023
NIF Translation Fellowship 2023 Application Procedure
- To apply you have to visit the official website of the new India Foundation
- From the homepage of the portal, you have to look for the translation fellowship program
- Click the link and a new page will open on the screen along with the information related to the program
- Read the information very carefully and check your eligibility
- Now you have to choose the apply online link
- An online application form will open on the screen as you click
- Fill out the details in the online application form very carefully including
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Address etc.
- Complete the application form and upload the necessary documents in the prescribed format
- Check the application form and if no changes required to make hit submit button
- Remember to keep a printout of the filled application for further use