In 1963, the first three ODI fellows began their work. Over 1,000 fellows have collaborated with more than 50 states and international organizations since then. The requirements of the scheme’s partner governments are the primary determinants of fellowships. The continuous demand for ODI fellows from countries, as well as the amount of responsibility assigned to them, demonstrates the scheme’s standing in the 59 years since its inception. People of all countries are welcome to apply for the ODI Fellowship Scheme, and we accept and promote applications from LGBTQ+ and handicapped candidates. Applicants should be postgraduate economics or statisticians with a passion for development.
What Is ODI Fellowship Scheme 2023?
Early-career economists and statisticians can apply for ODI fellowships to serve as public sector civil servants in low- and middle-income countries in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, the Pacific, and the Western Balkans for two years. The majority of ODI Fellows work as local public officials reporting to local managers. Fellows operate in a variety of settings, including finance and planning ministries, health and education ministries, as well as central banks, statistics offices, and regulatory authorities. ODI Fellowship scheme for fellows who want to engage themselves with public sector organizations. The Other attractive feature of this International Fellowship scheme is that it provides a clear stipend also. This opportunity should not be missed because it will open numerous avenues for you.
Key Highlights of Scheme
|Host Countries||Countries in Africa Asia the Caribbean the Pacific and the Western Balkans|
|Name of Fellowship||ODI Fellowship Scheme 2022-24|
|Objective||It will help you to develop the technical and administrative skills required for the job|
|Fellowship level||Masters level & PhD level|
|Fellowship duration||2 years|
Objective of ODI Fellowship Scheme
The ODI Fellowship will help you to develop the technical and administrative skills required for the job and development for overall personality to the professional market requirements. This will facilitate individuals from different backgrounds to come together and work for the cause of global development. While interacting with other people, you will be able to refine your interpersonal skills that help drive teams and nations. People are inspired to act against any injustice and inequality prevailing in society within the work environment. Moreover, leading Global affairs to think- tanks focus on conducting Research and compelling individuals to generate distinguished ideas because innovative and productive ideas matter for people and the planet. The opportunity to work in the Global hemisphere surrounds the fundamental values that are different from its funders.
Benefits of ODI Fellowship Scheme
Under this scheme the eligible fellows will receive the following benefits which are given below:
- The total package of GBP 21,000 for 1 year and GBP 23,000 for 2nd year.
- Housing allowance
To be eligible for the ODI Fellowship Scheme the fellows should full fill the following eligibility criteria:
- All nationalities are eligible under the scheme
- Students with master’s or Ph.D. degrees in economics, statistics or other related fields can apply.
- Students, currently completing their post-graduation degree, would be awarded after the completion of the degree.
- The application should be proficient in English
- The 1st preference will be given for French proficiency
- Able to demonstrate an interest in informality and straightening public policies.
- Related work experience is required.
- Having sound knowledge of economics and statistical theories and applying them in real-life situations.
- Able to analyze the data and information.
- Able to solve problems
- And able to deliver technical ideas in the simplest comprehensive ways.
- Resilience towards change
- Problem-solving skills
- Independent ownership
- Interpersonal skills
- Political acumen
- Able to maintain cultural sovereignty within the team
- Flexible to learn and adopt change
Management and Other Skills
- Prioritizing ability against multiple tasks
- Consultation and advocacy skills
- Time management skills
- Able to work independently
- Report writing skills
- Project management skills
The application deadline for the ODI Fellowship Scheme 2023 will update soon
Also check: Marie Curie Fellowship
Application procedure for ODI Fellowship scheme 2022-24
- Firstly, you have to visit the ODI website of the ODI Fellowship Scheme for online registration.
- Now, the home page will appear on your screen where you have to click on the Apply Now link.
- Registration page will open on your display where you have to fill out the registration form.
- Within 7 days of registration, you have to complete the application form.
- On the application form, you have to enter all your required details. Then complete your application form correctly and submit it.
For more inquiries about the ODI Fellowship Scheme, you can visit their official website.