Post-Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates is an initiative of the University Grant Commission. Under this scheme, those research students who belong to SC/ST category and are unemployed yet will get benefited. All eligible Ph.D. degree holders should follow the step-by-step instructions to grab the opportunity. Applications are invited by the UGC online mode only. Interested contenders should collect the relevant information about the scheme from this article and then apply for the opportunity by seeking an online application.
About Post-Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates
Post-Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates 2023 scheme is for Ph.D. degree holders who are not employed. No of slots available under this scheme is 100 every year. This is a fellowship work opportunity to conduct research in Science, Engineering & Technology, Humanities, and Social Sciences. Fellowship will be awarded on a tenure basis for the initial time period of 3 years. Tenure duration cannot be extendable further. Contenders who get the award of the fellowship have to join within three months from the date of the award letter issued, failing to do so will lead to the cancellation of the award.
Highlights of Fellowship
|Name of the scheme||Post-Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates|
|Awarded by||University Grant Commission|
|Awarded to||Post-doctoral research students|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Official website||Post-Doctoral Fellowship|
Objective of Post-Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates
The major objective of UGC behind this fellowship scheme is to provide an opportunity to SC/ST candidates to undertake postdoctoral research in Sciences, Engineering & Technology, Humanities, and Social Sciences at Indian Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates Eligibility
- Contenders should possess a doctorate degree in the relevant subject.
- The age of the candidates should not be more than 50 years as of the last date of receipt of online applications and 55 years in the case of females.
- Unemployed candidates are eligible to apply for the fellowship
- The minimum marks of the candidates at the UG level should be 50% and at PG Level 55% marks.
|Fellowship||Rs.38,800-p.m. first two yearsRs.46,500/-p.m. third years onwards|
|Escorts/Reader assistance||Rs. 2000/- p.m. (fixed) in case of persons with disability (PwD)|
Disbursement Of Fellowship Benefits
Aspirants will get the benefits which are directly transferred to the bank account through UGC designated bank.
Transfer Of Research Place
University/ College/ Institute can transfer the research place as per the intimation made by the UGC. Transfer of the place can be made only once during the tenure period.
- Scrutiny of filled online application will be made first
- Selected candidates need to appear before the expert committee, constituted by the Commission.
- No TA/DA will be given for the interview
Procedure to Apply for Post- Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates
- To apply, rush to the Post- Doctoral Fellowship website of the University Grant Commission
- From the home page go to the Scholarship/Fellowships column & hit view all option
- Look for the “Post-Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates” link and hit see detailed info option or click here
- Read the detailed information available in the notification
- Now look for the apply link and register yourself first by filling the registration form
- Complete the registration and login by using ID & Password
- Fill out the detailed application form and upload the documents in the prescribed format in the specified size.
- Submit the application form after reviewing all the information you entered in the application
- Remember to get a hard copy of the application form for future use