The University Grant Commission has initiated a very prestigious scheme for postdoctoral fellowships only for women candidates and today in this article we will be sharing with all of you the details of the UGC Post-Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates 2023. Given below we will be sharing with all of you the details regarding the fellowship program which will help the women candidates with the postgraduate degree and we will also share with all of you the step-by-step procedure to apply online for this scheme.
About UGC Post-Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates
UGC Post-Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates 2023 will be helping women candidates who are unemployed but have a perfect post-graduation degree in their respective subjects. The students will be able to carry on their Advanced studies by using this fellowship program provided by the University Grant Commission. You can easily fill out the application form for this prestigious scholarship program by going to the official website of UGC. The candidates who belong to the economically backward section of society will also be provided with some benefits.
Details Of Post-Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates
|Name||UGC Post-Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates|
|Objectives||Providing scholarship opportunities|
|Official Site||UGC Post-Doctoral|
Nature Of Scholarship Scheme
The following numbers of scholarships are available in this scheme:-
- The number of slots available under the scheme is 100 per year The tenure of the award is five years with no provision for further extension.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates Rewards Available
The following rewards will be provided to the beneficiaries in this scheme:-
|Fellowship||Rs.38,800/–p.m. for fresh candidates. Rs.46,500/–p.m. after two years.|
|Contingency A||Rs.50,000/-p.a. for five years|
|Escorts/Reader assistance||Rs. 2000/- p.m. (fixed) in cases of PWD (Person with disability)|
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for this scheme:-
- The candidate should be unemployed.
- The candidates must have been awarded the Ph.D. degree to be eligible to apply (A provisional Certificate may be accepted in case the degree is not awarded).
- The candidate should be 55 years of age as of the last date of submission of the online application. There shall be age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD (Persons with Disabilities for 5 years.
- In the case of the general category minimum of 55% of marks at the UG level and a minimum of 60% of marks at the PG level. For reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PWD), a minimum of 50% of marks at the UG level and a minimum of 55% of marks at the PG level.
- Candidates applying for PDFs must upload the No Objection Certificate from the proposed research center duly signed by the HOD and Registrar/Principal/ Director of the University/College/Institute as per Annexure-I.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per the Govt. of India norms.
The selection process for the scholarship scheme is as follows:
- The online applications received will be scrutinized by the screening committee. Later, the shortlisted candidates will be called to appear before the selection committee, constituted by the Commission. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview to the candidates.
- The decision of the Commission will be final. The award is subject to UGC guidelines and will be effective from the actual date of joining the University/Institution. The last date for joining the award is one month from the date of issue of this letter, failing which the award will be treated as canceled.
- The Commission reserves the right to withdraw/cancel the award without assigning any reason.
Also Read: Minority Scholarship
Application Procedure Under Fellowship 2023
If you want to apply for this fellowship then you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the UGC Post-Doctoral website.
- The details regarding the scholarship will open on your screen
- You have to now click on the apply online button present on the screen.
- The application form will open on your screen.
- You have to enter all of the details in the application form.
- Upload all of the documents and successfully submit the application form for this scholarship.
View Canara Bank List
- You will first have to visit the official website of the University Grants Commission by clicking on the link given here
- The details regarding the scholarship will open on your screen.
- Now click on the Canara Bank List option under the Download option.
- The pdf file will open on the screen.
- Check details in the opened list