Pre-Matric Scholarship to SC Students West Bengal 2023 is presented by the Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal. The students who belong to the scheduled caste category and are currently studying below class 10 will be provided with the opportunity of financial assistance through the development of this scholarship. We have seen a lot of dropouts and a lot of poverty among the people who belong to the scheduled caste category so to eliminate this, the new scholarship scheme is presented by the West Bengal government. The students can fill out their application form if their income is less than Rs 2 lakh and then they will be provided with the opportunity to continue their education. Check the details of this scholarship from the article mentioned below:.
Objectives of Pre-Matric Scholarship to SC Students West Bengal 2023
This scholarship is created to help people understand the importance of education even if they are coming from an economically backward section of society. This scholarship is created by taking into account the economical condition in which the scheduled caste people are living in the West Bengal State. Pre-Matric Scholarship to SC Students West Bengal will help in the development of educational premises around the West Bengal State and people will be able to continue their education. The scholarship opportunity will minimize the dropout rate that is very high among the people belonging to the SC category. The application form will be available on the official Oasis scholarship portal created by the West Bengal State.
Also Read: West Bengal Post Matric Scholarship
The candidates must follow very specific eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for the scholarship presided by the organization. Given below we are sharing the major information of the selection criteria that you must follow in order to be a part of this opportunity. The applicant will have to follow the eligibility criteria mentioned below and then only they can be eligible for the scholarship:
- You must be a citizen of West Bengal
- You must belong to the SC category
- You must be a student of Class 9 and 10
- You must belong to a family whose income is not more than INR 2 lakh per annum
Benefits of Pre-Matric Scholarship to SC Students in West Bengal
There are a lot of financial and also other benefits that are available by the organization to the people who are applying for this scholarship so they must not let go of this opportunity to apply for such a prestigious scheme. It will not only encourage them to pursue their education but will also help them to continue their education in India which they are not able to do due to various reasons. The students can check out the major information about the financial benefits that are provided in this scholarship from the table given below:
|INR 750 per month for 10 months (INR 350 from the Government of India and INR 400 from the State Government)||INR 150 per month for 10 months|
|Adhoc Grant INR 1,000 per annum||Adhoc Grant INR 750 per annum|
Also Read: West Bengal Scholarship
Pre-Matric Scholarship to SC Students West Bengal 2023 Application Process
There is a very easy application procedure that you can follow in order to be a part of the scholarship opportunity. A separate scholarship portal creates by the West Bengal organization. The students can check out the simple procedure given below in order to successfully apply for the scholarship of their choice:
- First, you will have to visit the Pre-Matric website of Oasis scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage of the organization will open on your screen.
- Now, you have to click on the option called Students Registration
- A new page will open on your screen
- Choose the district where your institution is based.
- Now, enter all of your details.
- Click on submit.
- Now you will have to verify your caste certificate.
- Once verified you will direct to the registration page.
- Fill in all mandatory fields
- Click on submit.
- On successful registration, you can download your permanent user ID/application number and password.
- You need to download it by clicking on the “Download Login information/acknowledgment slip” button.
- Now you will have to log in using your credential.
- Click on the “Login Now” button.
- Enter your user ID.
- Enter your password.
- Now, fill in your further details and bank information carefully.
- Click on ‘Save and Proceed’.
- You can click on the “Verify and Lock” button to lock all the information filled.
- Once you have locked the information filled in, you cannot make any changes further.
- After successfully filling out the application form, click on the “Download Application Form” button to get the computer-generated copy of the filled-in application form.
- You have to submit the printed copy of the duly-filled application form along with copies of all supporting documents to your concerned BDO (Block Development Officer) for the Block area or PO cum DWO for the municipality corporation.
The applicants requires to submit some of the documents that will need by the government of the West Bengal State to verify their identity so you must submit the documents whenever you are submitting the application form. The applicants can check out the major information about the documents required from the points given below:
- Caste certificate
- Academic certificates
- Experience certificates
- The last date to apply for this scholarship is 28 February 2023 which presents by the concerned authorities.
Disbursement of Scholarship Amount
The scholarship will be distributed based upon a very specific procedure followed by the West Bengal government so the students must take care of that procedure whenever they are applying for this scholarship. You can check out at the simple procedure that will be followed by the organization from the pointers given below:
- Once the scholarship application process is complete, eligible students are selection based on their academic merit and financial need.
- The scholarship amount is then credit to the bank account of the selected students.
- The bank account details are provided by the students during the scholarship application process.
- The scholarship amount is directly transferred to the student’s bank account through electronic fund transfer (EFT) or any other online payment method.
The applicant will be selected for this scholarship based on the selection criteria which is mentioned by the government of the West Bengal State. The students can check out the major criteria that will be followed by the organization to distribute this scholarship among the students from the pointers given below:
- Academic merit: Students who have performed well academically are given preference during the selection process.
- Financial need: Students from economically weaker sections of society are given preference during the selection process.
- Availability of funds: The scholarship amount may depend on the availability of funds set aside for the scholarship program.
Pre-Matric Scholarship to SC Students in West Bengal is a very prestigious opportunity that is created for the people who belong to the SC category and are not able to continue their education in India. People can apply for opportunities so that they are able to continue their education without any problems or difficulties. We encourage people to apply for the scholarship by visiting the official website of the Oasis scholarship.
- Backward Classes Welfare Department
- Government of West Bengal
- Helpline Number – (+91) – 84 20 02 3311
Pre-Matric Scholarship to SC Students West Bengal FAQs
The applicant can fill out the application form for the scholarship by visiting the official website of the Oasis scholarship presented by the West Bengal government.
There is a list of documents that are required to fill out the application form including your address proof and also the proofs related to your income.
The tuition fees will be covered for the students who are applying for this scholarship and additional opportunities will also be provided.