Hello readers, welcome to our website. Today in this article we are going to provide you with information regarding Tagore National Fellowship 2023. Have you heard about it? Do you wish to know in detail about the scheme? If yes then you should read this article very carefully till the endpoint. Tagore National Fellowship is an initiative of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. This program is specially designed to encourage scholars/ academicians to affiliate themselves with the institutes to work on projects of mutual interest. Eligibility conditions, the application process, benefits, projects, and other relevant information is specified below.
About Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research
Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research is for candidates who wish to pursue cultural research work. There are only 15 fellowships available for eligible candidates. The duration of the program is 2 years only. Selected students will get various benefits as specified further. Applicants who are willing to grab the opportunity have to submit the application form in the prescribed manner. Step-by-step guidelines to submit the application are given underneath along with other significant details, must look over it once.
Also Read: UP Scholarship
Highlights Of Tagore National Fellowship
- Name of the scheme: Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research
- Launched by: Ministry of Culture, Government of India
- Launched for: Students
- No of Fellowship: 15
- Benefits: monetary
- Mode of application: offline
- Official site: Tagore National
Objective of Tagore National Fellowship
The major objective of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India behind starting the Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research is to strengthen and revitalize the various institutions under the Ministry of Culture. To do so the authorities are going to search the talented researchers who desire to pursue research work on projects of mutual interest to the applicant and institution.
- Allahabad Museum, Allahabad
- Anthropological Survey of India, Kolkata
- Archaeological Survey of India, New Delhi
- Asiatic Society, Mumbai
- Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, Pune
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vaastu Sangrahalaya, Mumbai
- Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre, Kolkata
- Gandhi Sangrahalaya, Patna
- Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti, New Delhi
- Government Museum & Art Gallery, Chandigarh
- Indian Museum, Kolkata
- Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya, Bhopal
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (School of Arts & Aesthetics), New Delhi
- Khuda Bakhsh Oriental Public Library, Patna
- National Archives of India, New Delhi
- National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi
- Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi
- National Library, Kolkata
- National Museum, New Delhi
- Kalakshetra Foundation, Chennai
- National Research Laboratory for Conservation of Cultural Property, Lucknow
- National School of Drama, New Delhi
- North Central Zone Cultural Centre, Allahabad
- North East Zone Cultural Centre, Dimapur
- Rampur Raza Library, Rampur (UP)
- North Zone Cultural Centre, Patiala
- Raja Rammohun Roy Library Foundation, Kolkata
- Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi
- Salarjung Museum, Hyderabad
- Sangeet Natak Akademi, New Delhi
- South Central Zone Cultural Centre, Nagpur
- South Zone Cultural Centre, Thanjavur
- Telangana/Andhra Pradesh State Archives & Research Institute, Hyderabad
- Thanjavur Maharaja Serfoji’s Sarasvati Mahal Library & Research Centre, Thanjavur
- Victoria Memorial Hall, Kolkata
- West Zone Cultural Centre, Udaipur
Benefits Of Tagore National Fellowship
The following are given to the selected applicants under this fellowship.
- The same pay, including grade pay, etc. will be given which the applicant would have drawn in his/her parent organization.
- The nodal institute will pay the mandatory contribution of the employer to the Provident Fund etc.
- The applicant will get Accommodation Allowance up to 30% of his usual pay
- A lump sum grant of Rs.1.00 lakh as settling allowance for packing/transportation etc. for the fellows from outstation
- A fellow from abroad or a pensioner would entitle to a fixed honorarium of Rs. 80,000/- per month
- Contingent grants for the expenses like academic trips, engaging research assistants, etc. will be given Rs. 2.50 lakhs per annum, during the tenure of the Fellowship.
- Scholars who have sound academic or professional credentials
- Scholars who have made significant contributions to knowledge in their respective fields are eligible
- Preference will be given to the candidates who have 5 years of experience in conducting/guiding research or the same experience in performing/any other arts
- Applicants must have an impressive list of publications on their credit, at least two monographs
- Applicants who have already award a Tagore National Fellowship cannot apply again
- First of all, the applications are scrutinized by the Institution Level Search-cum-Screening Committee.
- Selected applications will go further to National Selection Committee for final selection.
- Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of the relevance of the study, benefits of the nodal institution from that particular study, and also the credentials and reputation of the scholar.
Also Read: CITI- NCPA Scholarship for Young Musicians
Application Procedure Under Fellowship 2023
- Applicants are required to submit the Research Proposal/Synopsis to the nodal institute. Nodal Institute’s name list is mentioned above and the address is in the official notification link provided below.
- The proposal must include the following
- The objective of the research
- Relevance of the work, how the work is different from the existing literature,
- Periodization and characterization.
- The synopsis should clearly mention specific areas and work chosen for research work
- The minimum word limit for the research proposal is 1000 words.
- The proposal should not exceed 1500 words
Note: For more information about the program you may check the official notification.