Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar related all the details are available in this article. Yuva puraskar is provided by the Sahitya Akademi to the eligible author of the book whose age is less than 35 years. This award is especially for Indian writers who are contributing to Indian literature. For more information about the award, you must read the section of this article. Further, you will get detailed information about the award, eligibility criteria, the application process, and any other relevant information.
What Is Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar 2023?
Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar is given to young writers. This award is for writers who are contributing to Indian literature in 24 different languages. Every year applications are invited by the authorities by publishing the advertisement in the newspaper as well as literary magazines in 24 Indian languages. A writer whose book will get selected for the award will get INR 100000 along with a plaque and citation. Eligible applicants may read the section of this article to know more.
Also Check: Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards
Highlights Of Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar
- Name of the scheme: Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar
- Launched by: Sahitya Akademi
- Ministry: Ministry of culture
- Launched for: book author
- Benefits: award
- Mode of application: offline
- Official site: Sahitya Akademi
A writer who wrote the book in the below-mentioned languages can apply:
- Applicant should be an Indian citizen
- The age of the seeker should not be more than 35 years as on 1 January
- An applicant who has already been awarded by the sahitya akademi cannot apply again
- The book ok must be an assuring work of the talent of the applicant
- The book must be a contribution to the respected regional literature
- It should not be a translated work
- The book must be a creative work it should not be like research work or a thesis.
- Sahitya Akademi Executive Board members are not eligible to apply for the award
- Posthumous work I will not consider for the award
- In case the book satisfies the executive board by canvassing will be disqualified
- Publishers are encouraged to submit multiple books
- The book which is eligible for the yuva puraskar will not be eligible for the annual Sahitya akademi award
- Copy of authors book
- Copy of Birth certificate
Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of books submitted by the authors. For the selection there will be 2 levels:
- Preliminary panel: There are 10 referees in this panel. the panel is going to consider the recommendation of the language advisory board concerned. Recommendations are well complied with and send to each referee. Referees going to recommend two books and Akademi is going to forward them to the jury and convener.
- Jury: There will be three members of the jury. Jury members are going to recommend a book for an award either by consensus or by the majority. They may also reject all the books they received for the award.
- The decision was taken by the jury I will place it before the executive board for formal approval and announcement of the award
Also Check: IET India Scholarship Award
Application Procedure Of Scheme
To apply for the Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar candidates have to submit eligible books of literary merit for the consideration of the academy along with a date of birth certificate. Further is the information on address where candidates have to submit an application
- For Dogri, English, Hindi, Kashmiri, Maithili, Punjabi, Rajasthani, Sanskrit, and Urdu.
- Address: Head Office Secretary Sahitya Akademi Rabindra Bhavan 35, Ferozeshah Road New Delhi – 110 001 Tel: 011-23386626/27/28.
- For Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, and Telugu.
- Address: Bengaluru Regional Secretary, Sahitya Akademi, Central College Campus, University Library Building Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Veedhi, Bengaluru – 560 001 Tel: 080-22245152, 22130870.
- For Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Manipuri, Nepali, Odia, and Santali.
- Address: Kolkata Regional Secretary, Sahitya Akademi, 4, D. L. Khan Road, Kolkata – 700 025 Tel: 033-24198683/24191705.
- For Gujarati, Konkani, Marathi, and Sindhi.
- Address: Mumbai Regional Secretary, Sahitya Akademi, 172, Mumbai Marathi Granth Sangrahalaya Marg, Sharada Cinema Building Dadar (East), Mumbai – 400 014 Tel: 022-24135744/24131948
Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar Winner list
|Assamese||Deuka Kobai Jay (Short Stories)||Abhijit Bora|
|Bengali||Sreeman Sonnet (Poetry)||Gourob Chakraborty|
|Bodo||Jiu Gwnang Soho (Poetry)||Gautom Daimary|
|Dogri||Phang Honsele De (Poetry)||Arun Akash Dev|
|English||A Burning (Novel)||Megha Majumdar|
|Gujarati||A-Manas (Novel)||Drashti Soni|
|Hindi||Kissa Kissa Lucknow – Lucknow Awami Kisse (Short Stories)||Himanshu Vajpai|
|Kannada||Togala Cheelada Karna ( Poetry)||H. Lakshmi Narayan Swamy|
|Kashmiri||Yele Aene Phut (Short Stories)||Razi Tahir Bhagat|
|Konkani||Kavya Parmal (Poetry)||Shraddha Garad|
|Maithili||Anshu Bani Pasari Jaeb (Poetry)||Amit Mishra|
|Malayalam||Jacaranda (Novel)||Mobin Mohan|
|Manipuri||Matamgee Manglan (Poetry)||Lenin Khumancha|
|Marathi||Kale Karde Strokes (Novel)||Pranav Sakhadeo|
|Nepali||Achal Kuhiro (Short Stories)||Mahesh Dahal|
|Odia||Sparsha O Anyanya Galpa (Short||Debabrata Das|
|Punjabi||Paa De Pailaan (Essays)||Veerdavinder Singh|
|Sanskrit||Kathakalpalata (Short Stories)||Swetapadma Satapathy|
|Santali||Sagai Ganade (Novel)||Kuna Hansdah|
|Sindhi||Zindagia Jaa Rang (Play)||Rakesh Shewani|
|Telugu||Dandakadiyam (Poetry)||Thagulla Gopal|
|Urdu||Zameen Zaad (Poetry)||Umar Farhat|
|Na Tcattiravaacikal (Novel)||Karthik Balasubramanian|
In case of any query, candidates may contact the authorities at the below-given number or email
- Phone Number: 011-23386626/27/28, 011-23387064
- E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org