Science and Technology Award for Research SERB STAR is launched to promote basic research in Science and Engineering and to provide financial assistance to persons engaged in such research, academic institutions, research and development laboratories, industrial concerns, and other agencies for such research and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto are the primary and distinctive mandate of the Board.
What Is SERB STAR 2023?
SERB Science and Technology Award for Research (SERB-STAR) is a prestigious award which is instituted by SERB to recognize and reward the outstanding performance of Principal Investigators (Pls) of SERB projects. The number of researchers under the Ambit of SERB hasn’t aged over the years and they contribute significantly towards the progress of Science and Engineering in the country through their research endeavors. SERB – STAR is an initiative to acknowledge exemplary contributions in research and also to motivate the Principal Investigators of ongoing projects for outstanding performance.
Also Check: SERB Women Excellence Award
Key Highlights of SERB Science and Technology Award for Research
|Name of scholarship||Science and Technology Awards for Research|
|Eligibility criteria||Should hold a Regular Academic research position in a recognized academic institution.|
|Application deadline||28 July 2021|
|Official website||SERB STAR|
Benefits for SERB STAR
- SERB will provide a fellowship of Rs-15000/- per month.
- Research grant of Rs- 10 lakh per annum and 1 lakh per annum as overhead charges for a period of three years.
- Up to 30 awards per year and not more than 90 at any time.
- A nomination shall be by the Head of the Institution of the nominee.
- At Stage 1 – Preliminary Scrutiny, verification of eligibility criteria including “Excellent” grading will be carried out by SERB. Only those nominations found eligible would be considered for Stage 2 – Award Selection Process.
- The selection by a competent committee will be based on the performance of completed projects and other research work would carry a top-up weightage.
Eligibility Criteria for SERB STAR
- The nominee should have completed an individual-centric SERB project in the previous three financial years with “Excellent” grade. Only the PI of such projects and not the Co-PIs shall be eligible.
- The applicant must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or any other recognized R&D institution.
- Those who are appointed by the institutions against the ‘sanctioned’ post. Such positions are regularized/confirmed after the probation period is over.
- Those who are appointed in a tenure post are likely to be renewed after the end of the tenure].
- The age of the nominee should be within 40 to 50 years as on December 31 of the year in which the call is made.
- PIs who have an ongoing fellowship/honorarium such as JC Bose Fellowship, ShantiSwarup Bhatnagar Prize, Swarnajayanti Fellowship, etc. are not eligible.
- Individuals who are nominated for SERB STAR but are unsuccessful can renominate for consideration in the following year subject to fulfilling other eligibility criteria.
- The start date for application: Update Soon
- Application deadline: Update Soon
Note:- The above-mentioned dates are tentative and are subject to change.
Documents Required for Science and Technology Award for Research
- Project completion report (PCR).
- List of publications resulting from the completed project (if any).
- Reprints of publications (if applicable).
- Details of patents from the completed project (if any).
- Patent documents (if applicable).
- Documents related to technology transfer (if any).
- List of complete publications, patents and any other significant contribution.
- Certificate from PI
- Endorsement certificate
- Technical Document
Application Process for SERB STAR 2023
- The application would be by nomination which must submit online through the SERB STAR website of SERB.
- Make log in and fill in all the required details.
- Under ‘Form Submission’, choose the scheme: ‘STAR‘ and fill out the nomination form.
- After filling in the details, send a STAR nomination form to the Nominator.
- Nominators would receive information via email with a link to the SERB online portal, to view the filled-in STAR Nomination form.
- The Nominator has to submit the nomination to SERB.
- Once submitted, the PI and Nominator will receive an intimation regarding the successful submission.
- The applicant gets a nomination once in a year.
- The nomination shall be by the head of the Institution of the nominee.
- At Stage-1: Preliminary Scrutiny, verification of eligibility criteria including “Excellent” grading will be carried out by SERB. Only those nominations found eligible would be considered for Stage 2 – Award Selection Process.
- The selection by a competent committee will be based on the performance of completed projects and other research work would carry a top up weightage.
Instructions for Online Submission
- Principal Instructions need to be register on the SERB official website.
- After log-in, Principal Instructions need to fill in all the mandatory fields in the Profile Details section under User Profile which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institution Address, etc.
- Under ‘Form Submission’, choose Scheme: STAR, and fill out the STAR nomination form which includes details of the completed project, other scientific contributions, nominator details, etc.
- After filling in the details, PI should send a STAR nomination form to the Nominator.
- Nominators would receive intimation via email with a link to the SERB online portal, to view the filled-in STAR Nomination form.
- The Nominator has to submit the nomination to SERB.
- Once submitted, PI and Nominator will receive an intimation regarding the successful submission.
- Open the official website of SERB Online.
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Now from the homepage, go to the login option.
- A new login popup form will appear.
- Enter the login details like username and password in the application form.
- Now click on the login option
- Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
- 5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor, Vasant Square Mall
- Sector-B, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj
- New Delhi – 110 070
- Phone: 011–40000398
- Email: email@example.com