Science and Engineering Research Board invite principal investigators and Co-principal investigators for the SERB Core Research Grant 2022. Interested researchers who wish to grab the grant from the board can apply through online mode. Online application forms for the grant under the core research grant scheme are open. To submit your proposal, you just need to know some of the information related to the program such as eligibility criteria, application online process, benefits of the scheme, and much other related information. All these details are available in this article further.
SERB Core Research Grant 2022
SERB Core Research Grant Program notification has been released by the Science and Engineering Research Board. Interested principal investigators and ko principal investigators who desire to pursue their research can apply. Applicants have to submit a proposal to get the grant. Board is going to provide financial support to the individual researcher and/ or group of researchers to pursue research in the field of science and engineering. You may check the eligibility and other information related to the program before submitting the application available below.
Highlights Of SERB Core Research Grant
- Name of the scheme: SERB Core Research Grant
- Launched by: Science and Engineering Research Board
- Launched for: Principal Investigator and Co-Principal Investigator
- Benefits: Financial
- Mode of application: Online
- Official site: serb.gov.in or www.serbonline.in
- Last date of submission of application form is April 18, 2022
|Division||Name of the Programme|
|Chemical Sciences||Organic ChemistryInorganic & Physical Chemistry|
|Earth and Atmospheric Sciences||Earth and Atmospheric Sciences|
|Engineering Sciences||Electrical, Electronics & Computer EngineeringMechanical, Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering & RoboticsCivil, Infrastructure & Transportation EngineeringMaterials, Mining & Minerals EngineeringChemical and Environmental Engineering|
|Life Sciences||Biomedical and Health SciencesInterdisciplinary Biological SciencesOrganismal and Evolutionary BiologyOrganismal and Evolutionary Biology (AS)|
|Mathematical Sciences||Mathematical Sciences|
|Quantitative Social Sciences||Quantitative Social Sciences|
- Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of the recommendation off program advisory committee constituted by the board
- Selected candidates may be called for discussion/ presentation if required
Benefits Of SERB Core Research Grant
- Beneficiaries well get research support as individual or group of researchers.
- Under this scheme funding is provided for a period of three years only
- Research grant is provided for equipment manpower consumable travel and contingency
- If the project cost is more than 80 lakh rupees then the 50% of non-recurring and consumable cost should be shared by the national laboratories and Research institutions.
- Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Applicant should hold Ph.D. degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering or M.D. / M.S. / M.D.S. / M.V.Sc. degree.
- An Applicant who are Research Associates, Ad-hoc faculties, Guest Faculty, Visiting Scientist, consultant, Project Fellows and Faculty members whose contract is renewed every year can not apply for the scheme.
- Applicant must hold a regular academic/ research position in a recognised academic Institute or National laboratory or in any other recognised R and D institution situated in India.
SERB Core Research Grant 2022 Application Procedure
Candidates have to submit their proposals to the official portal. Step-by-step instructions to submit the proposal is mentioned below.
- You have to go to the official website of Science and Engineering Research Board
- From home page select “Login” option and select “new user” option from login window open on screen
- Application form will open on the screen, enter the details in the application like
- Email Id,
- Date Of Birth,
- Category Etc.
- Read the terms, enter the security code and hit submit button
- Complete your profile by providing all the necessary details including Bio data, photo, Institute Address, etc.
- Mention the proposal details including Project Title, Project summary, Keywords, Objectives of project, expected output and outcome of the proposal, Budget.
- Upload the necessary documents, review the form and choose submit button
- Take printout of the filled application form for further use if needed.
Points to Remember
- The proposal should be prepared as per the guidelines issued by the board.
- Applicant can submit only 1 proposal at a time.
- If the proposal is rejected due to any technical reason, should not be resubmitted without any substantial revision to any schemes or programs
- You can apply for another project six months prior to the completion of the project