SERB (Science and Engineering Research Board) in the Department of Science and Technology (DST) is proposed to be made the nodal agency for implementing the IMPRINT-2 initiative working along with the National Coordinator. The SERB will create a separate vertical under its overall set-up with allocated resources and a time-bound action plan for the selection, funding and management of research projects under IMPRINT. Secretary (HE) and Secretary (DST) would be co-chairpersons of this vertical. The export pole of the Indian National Academy of Engineering will also be utilized for project review and knowledge management. In order to improve end-user tuning, it has been proposed to bring on board the stakeholder ministers right from the conceptualization stage so as to nurture a participative ecosystem of project formulation, maturation, execution and delivery.
SERB IMPRINT 2022
India, a mighty global economy that will soon be crowned the youngest nation in the world, faces multiple daunting challenges in terms of energy/ physical/cyber security, potable water scarcity, environment and climate change, poverty, and affordable healthcare for billions etc. A clarion call was made by the Honourable President and Prime Minister to address all engineering and technological challenges faced by the nation through a nationwide unique initiative called IMPacting Research Innovation and Technology (IMPRINT) launched on November 5, 2015, from the Rashtrapati Bhavan. IMPRINT India was a multi-stakeholder mission programme aimed at bridging the gap between the scientific knowledge base created through fundamental and applied research and fruitful translation of the same through engineering invention and technological innovation for the betterment of our society.
Key Highlights of SERB IMPRINT
|Name of Programme||SERB IMPRINT 2022|
|Objective||To bridge the gap between scientific knowledge base related through fundamental and applied research|
|Benefits||Funding for project staff salary, consumables, contingency, travel etc.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Should be an Indian citizen|
|Full form of IMPRINT||Impacting Research Innovation and Technology|
Objective of SERB IMPRINT
- The principal objective of IMPRINT is to translate knowledge into viable Technology.
- Normally the average cost of the approved projects will be around Rs-2 crore.
- MHRD and DST are equal partners to steer the scheme.
- Imprint 2 is open to all MHRD funded HEIs/CFTIs
- Project with industry support is mandatory.
Benefits of SERB IMPRINT
Under SERB IMPRINT the funding should primarily be used for project staff salaries, consumables, contingency, expenditure, travel, experiments, trials and purchase of small instruments, components and devices. However, equipment support may be extended up to 50% of the total budget with proper justification if the same is not available with the host Institute.
- Principal Investigator (PI): The applicant or the Principal Investigator (PI) should be an Indian citizen.
- The PI must hold a regular academic/research position (Faculty member or Scientist or Scientific Officer) of Centrally Funded Technical Institution (CFTI), MHRD funded Central University (CU) or MHRD funded Higher Education Institution (HEI) offering/pursuing research and development (R&D) in engineering and technology (E&T), having at least 4 years of regular service left before superannuation as on date of submission of the proposal. For a given project, there will be only one PI. Scientists who have projects under IMPRINT-2A and IMPRINT- 2B are not eligible for IMPRINT-2C.
Implementation of SERB IMPRINT
The SERB (Science and Engineering Research Board) of the Department of Science & Technology (DST) would be the nodal agency for implementing the IMPRINT II initiative working along with the National Coordinator (Prof. Indranil Manna, IIT Kharagpur) of IMPRINT. The SERB will create a separate vertical (Steering Committee) under its overall set-up with allocated resources and a time-bound action plan for selection, funding and management of research projects under IMPRINT IIC. Secretary (HE) and Secretary (DST) would be co-chairpersons Apex Committee responsible for the overall decision and policy making and approval. All other review mechanisms currently being followed by SERB will ipso facto would apply to the IMPRINT II project also.
SERB may use the INAE Expert Pool for vetting, selection and review of the IMPRINT proposals at various points in time. DST will provide matching contributions on a 50:50 basis for all projects sanctioned under IMPRINT. MHRD will also strive to bring other Ministries together into this new platform where SERB will act as the coordination agency. The MOU signed earlier with various Ministries for IMPRINT I will be valid for IMPRINT II. The entire process of submission, reviewing, assessment, monitoring, report and feedback submission and progress report display will be managed through an online dynamic portal managed by SERB and CDAC.
The documents are required (in PDF) should be in the prescribed format:
- Biodata (under user profile section)
- Certificate from Investigator
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of Institution
- Other technical documents (OTD).
- Plagiarism undertaking
Application Procedure for SERB IMPRINT
- All the applicants for IMPRINT should visit the official website of SERB.
- The homepage will appear on your screen where you have to click on the Register link.
- Now the registration page will appear on a screen where you have to enter your required details such as:
- Name of applicant
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Identity proof, etc.
- After filling in all the details correctly click on the submit button for the final submission of the application form.
Science and Engineering Research Board
- 3rd & 4th Floor, Block II, Technology Bhavan
- New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016.