Science and Engineering Research Board is launched to promote basic research in Science and Engineering and to provide financial assistance to persons engaged in such research, academic institutions, research and development laboratories, industrial concerns, and other agencies for such research and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto are the primary and distinctive mandate of the Board. SERB aims to build up the best management systems that would match the best global practices in the area of promotion and funding of basic research. This article will provide you with SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023 details like the application process, benefits, eligibility criteria, rewards, selection process, and much more
About SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023
SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship identifies young researchers and supports them in conducting research projects in Science and Engineering. The fellows will get an opportunity to work under a mentor and develop as independent researchers. Any recognized academic institutions, National labs, and R&D institutions can implement the national postdoctoral fellowship. The selected fellows will receive INR 55000 for a month and other awards. The call for proposals under the scheme has closed since June 15, 2021, at 5:00 PM.
Also Read: Prime Minister Research Fellowship
Key Highlights of SERB National Post-Doctoral Fellowship
|Fellowship conducted by||Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)|
|Name of fellowship||National Post-Doctoral Fellowship|
|Eligibility criteria||Ph.D., MS, and MD degree holders|
|Rewards||Up to INR 200000|
|Last date of application||15 June 2021|
|Official website||SERB NPDF|
SERB NPDF Objective
The SERB National Post-Doctoral Fellowship is aimed to identify motivated young researchers and provide them support for doing research in frontier areas of Science and Engineering. The fellows will work under a mentor, and it is hoped that this training will provide them with a platform to develop as independent researchers.
National Post-Doctoral Fellowship Rewards
The National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2021-22 is a temporary program conducted for 2 years. The candidates can use the national post-doctoral fellowship cash awards for minor equipment, consumables, domestic travel, and contingencies. However, the SERB will not provide the workforce to support the candidate’s research project. The details of the national post-doctoral fellowship benefits are as follows:
- The candidates will receive INR 55,000 as a consolidated monthly stipend.
- The candidates who have their submitted thesis but awaiting a degree will receive INR 35,000 monthly as a stipend.
- The national post-doctoral fellowship will offer INR 2,00,000 per annum as a research grant.
- The fellowship also provides INR 1,00,000 per annum for overheads.
Nature of National Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- The fellowship is tenable only in India and can implement in any of the recognized academic institutions, national laboratories, and other recognized R&D institutions. The host institution should provide the necessary administrative and infrastructural support
- The fellows will not allow working with the Ph.D. guide/co-guide. It is also normally not available at the same Department/institution where the candidates have earned their Ph.D./M.S./M.D degree.
- The fellowship is purely a temporary assignment and is tenable for a period of 2 years.
- Research grants can use for minor equipment, consumables, contingencies, and domestic travel. There is no provision for providing manpower support under this scheme. The Fellow is expects to undertake the research objectives by himself/herself during the entire duration of the fellowship.
- The fellows are not eligible to receive any other fellowship from any Government or Non-Governmental source during the tenure of the fellowship.
- The fellows must seek the consent of SERB if he/she intends to be away from the implementing institute (except for field work related to the project) continuously for a period of more than eight weeks.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen
- The applicant must have obtained a Ph.D/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University. Those who have submitted their Ph.D./M.D/M.S thesis and are awaiting the award of the degree are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates, if selected, will be offered a lower fellowship amount till they qualify for the eligible degree
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 35 years at the time of the submission of the application, age will be calculated by taking the date of closure of the respective call. Age relaxation of 5 (five) years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates
- NPDF can be availed only once by a candidate in his/her career.
- A mentor must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized institution in India. Should hold a Ph.D. degree in Science or Engineering.
- A mentor shall not have more than two SERB NPDF fellows at any given time.
- Applicants of NPDF, SRG, and EMR can submit their proposals only once in a calendar year in any of these schemes.
- Bio-data (under user profile section)
- Age Proof Certificate
- Qualification Certificate
- Category Certificate (in case of Age Relaxation)
- Undertaking Certificate by the applicant
- Endorsement Certificate from the Mentor & Host Institute
- Short CV of the mentor
- CV of Mentor
- Plagiarism undertaking
Termination of the Fellowship
- If any fellow wishes to terminate the fellowship, he/she shall inform the SERB through the mentor and host institute immediately. The implementing institute should not incur any expenditure from the date of termination of the project or the date of resignation of PI. The institute will also arrange for the submission of the documents mentioned above.
- SERB reserves the right to terminate the Fellowship at any stage if it is convinced that appropriate progress is not being made or the grant has not been utilized properly.
Also Check: Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
Application Procedure for National Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- For registration under the National postdoctoral Fellowship, the applicant first visits the SERB NPDF website.
- On the homepage, you have to log in.
- After that applicants are required to fill all the mandatory fields in the Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photos, Institute addresses, etc.
- Details including Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of the project (max 1500 characters), Expected output, and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters) should be provided online at the time of submission of the application.
- Work Methodology and Research plan have to be uploaded in a single PDF file, not more than 3 pages (max 10 MB).
- Phone Number 011–40000398
- Email ID (project-related issue) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email ID (portal-related issue) email@example.com
- Address- Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor, Vasant Square Mall, Sector-B, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi – 110070