SERB Ramanujan Fellowship has been initiated by the Department of Science of Technology, Government of India. Under this fellowship scheme, brilliant Indian scientists and engineers from outside India will get scientific research positions in India who desire to return to India from a foreign country. In this article today we are going to elaborate on the detailed information related to the SERB Ramanujan Fellowship 2023 such as the application form submission procedure, fellowship amount, eligibility criteria, documents required, and many more.
About SERB Ramanujan Fellowship 2023
Science and Engineering Research Board invite online applications for the nomination of the Ramanujan Fellowship scheme. Under SERB Ramanujan Fellowship all those Indian scientists and engineers will be benefited who are working abroad currently. Beneficiaries will get monetary help to perform research work at any S&T Institution including University Departments or other Academic Institutions and National Laboratories in India. The Institution at which applicants wish to pursue research is must willing to provide the necessary administrative and R&D basic infrastructural support to facilitate research. Interested aspirants must read the further elaborated information to know more about the fellowship.
Also Read: Prime Minister Research Fellowship (PMRF)
Highlights Of SERB Ramanujan Fellowship
- Name of the scheme: Ramanujan Fellowship
- Launched by: Science and Engineering Research Board
- Department: Department of Science of Technology, Government of India
- Launched for: Scientists and engineers
- Benefits: Monetary
- Mode of application: Online
- Official site: SERB
Objective Of SERB Ramanujan Fellowship
The main objective of the Department of Science of Technology, Government of India is to support the brilliant Indian scientists and engineers from outside India who desire to return to India from a foreign country. Beneficiaries will get regular research grants through the extramural funding schemes of various S&T agencies of the Government of India
Benefits Of SERB Ramanujan Fellowship
Selected candidates will get the fellowship benefits for a period of five years only. Fellowship is not extendable. Beneficiaries will get:
- An amount of Rs. 1,35,000/- per month consolidated including HRA.
- Each Fellow will receive a research grant of Rs.7.00 lakh per annum for consumables, travel, research manpower & contingencies, etc.
- Each Fellow will receive Rs.60,000/- per annum as overhead charges.
- Applicants must hold Ph.D. in Science/Engineering, Masters’s in Engineering or Technology/MD in Medicine, etc.
- Applicants must have adequate professional experience.
- The candidate’s age must not be more than 40 years
- Applicants must have a proven/outstanding track record as evidenced by their research publications and recognitions.
- The candidate must not hold any permanent/tenure track/contractual position in any Indian Institute/University.
- Applicant must be working abroad at the time of nomination
Selection Procedure Of SERB Ramanujan Fellowship
- Applicants have to submit their nomination after selecting the institute of the fellowship of their choice.
- Selection of the applicants for this fellowship program will be made periodically by an empowered Search- cum-Selection Committee.
- Nomination Letter (On letterhead, duly signed and stamped)
- CV of Nominee
- Plagiarism is undertaken by the Principal Investigator
Also Read: L&T Build India Scholarship
SERB Ramanujan Fellowship 2023 Application Procedure
Interested candidates may forward their nomination to the SERB by following the further-mentioned steps:
- You have to open the SERB website of the Science and Engineering Research Board
- From the home page of the portal, you have to go to the “Awards & Fellowships” option available in the menu bar
- Then choose the Ramanujan Fellowship option from the drop-down list
- Now read the information available on the screen and choose the apply link
- From the opened website you have to select the “Ramanujan Fellowship” link given under Awards & Fellowships
- Choose the “click here to register” option from opened page to open the form
- Fill out the registration form with the asked details like
- Confirm password
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Mobile number
- Other details
- Enter the code and select submit button
- As you submit the registration and confirm the mobile & email ID by entering the OTP, the application form will open on the screen
- Fill in the rest significant details in the application
- Upload the documents as listed above
- Submit the complete form after review by clicking the “Submit” button.
|Dr. Monika Agarwal, Scientist ‘E’||Science and Engineering Research Board 5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor, Vasant Square Mall, Plot No. A, Community Centre, Sector-5, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj New Delhi-110070 Tel: +91-11-40000304Email: monika[at]serb[dot]gov[dot]in|
|Dr. Shiv Mohan Singh, Scientist ‘G’||Email: shivmohan[at]serbonline[at]in|
All those Indian scientists and engineers who desire to come back to India to pursue research work in any S&T Institution.
5 years, the Fellow will get the research grant only for the 5 years and the period is not extendable.
Applicants can submit the application throughout the year. There is no last date for the submission of the application.
Selection of the nominees will be made periodically by the selection committee on the grounds of their academics, research work, and experience.