Science Olympiad Foundation has started a new girl child scholarship scheme for the year 2023. The SOF Girl Child Scholarship Scheme 2023 worth Rupees 5000 will be provided to around 300 girl children present in India. You can read the article given below to know more about the scholarship scheme in order to apply for it and gain benefits for your education in the future. We will also share with you all the step-by-step application procedures to apply for the scholarship presented by the Science Olympiad Foundation.
What Is SOF Girl Child Scholarship Scheme 2023?
It is really important for the girl child in India to get proper education so that they can continue the bright future ahead of them. A lot of children are unable to continue their education because of the lack of financial support that they are getting from their families. Through the scholarship scheme, the girl child will be able to continue her scholarship without depending upon her family for financial support. The last date to apply for the scholarship will be updated soon.
Also Check: CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
Details Of SOF Girl Child Scholarship
|Name||SOF Girl Child Scholarship Scheme 2023|
|Launched by||Science Olympiad Foundation|
|Objective||Providing 5000 rupees as financial support for education|
|Official site||SOF Girl Child|
Important Dates for SOF Girl Child Scholarship
Last date to apply for the scholarship will be updated soon
- An amount of Rs 5,000 will be provided to selected 300 girls for the scholarship program.
Features Of SOF Girl Child Scholarship
There are a lot of features of the girl child scholarship scheme, some of them include –
- The girl child scholarship scheme is an annual scholarship scheme that will be covering 1 academic year of your school education.
- 300 beneficiaries will be covered under this scheme across India.
- The selection will be done based on the recommendations that will be sent by the principal of the school.
- Selected beneficiaries will be awarded a scholarship of 5000 Rupees so that they can continue their education.
- The beneficiaries will be able to get their amount on 28th February 2021.
- The cheque will be provided to the selected beneficiaries and will be dispatched to the school address.
GCSS Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must be an Indian National.
- The applicant must be a girl applicant.
- She must be studying in a school in any class from 1 to 10.
- She must have scored at least 60% in the previous examination.
- Her parents’ combine monthly income must be less than 15,000 Rupees.
SOF Girl Child Scholarship Selection Criteria
The selection criteria for the scholarship is as follows:-
- The school headmaster will be sending a recommendation for the consideration of the beneficiaries in the scholarship
- Each school will be recommending only one child
- The beneficiaries must be studying from class 1st to class 10th.
- The applicant must have scored at least 60% in the previous examination.
- The recommendation should be in the specified format and complete in all respects / with required attachments.
- The school should send a copy of her previous year’s report card duly certified by the Principal to SOF along with the GCSS application form.
- The marks criteria may be waived for a child with a major physical disability.
- The child’s parents combined monthly income should be less than Rs. 15000.
- All proposals received will be evaluated by a Committee set up by SOF.
- Qualifiers of GCSS will be notified individually and through their respective schools.
- The decision of the SOF Committee will be final and binding.
- In case of any dispute, jurisdiction will vest with Delhi courts only.
- The applicants must submit the GCSS recommendation by 31st Dec. 2021, at the National Office of Science Olympiad Foundation.
- Identity Card.
- Mobile Number.
- Passport Size Photograph.
- Previous year passing report card copy.
- Income Proof.
Also Read: Sandvik Coromant Girls Scholarship Program
Application Procedure Under SOF Girl Child Scholarship
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- Open the SOF Girl Child Website of the scholarship program.
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Select the SOF Girl Child Scholarship option.
- Click on the link given here to download the official application form for the scholarship.
- Take a printout of the application form
- Fill up the application.
- Now you have to send the application form to the following address-
- Address: SCIENCE OLYMPIAD FOUNDATION, National Office: Plot No. 99, First Floor, Sector 44, Institutional Area, Gurugram – 122003 (HR), India
- Phone: 0124-4951200
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Points to Remember
The applicant must keep these points in mind while applying for the scholarship-:
- The applicant must have a valid and active mobile number that will remain active in the upcoming days.
- He or She must have a valid and active email ID.
- Check eligibility for applying for the scholarship.
- Keep all the documents ready before applying.
- Apply before the last date to avoid any mishappening.
- Prefer using a laptop or a desktop.
- Check the application form before final submission.