SOF International Commerce Olympiad is conducted so that the common students can get a chance to explore different types of opportunities that are available in the stream. This Olympiad is available in partnership with the Institute of Company Secretaries of India which is a body that controls the details related to the CA exam and other important steps regarding commerce. This Olympiad is a single Level Examination that is conducted each and every year so that awards can be available for the students who perform very well in the exam. Students can check out the major information about SOF ICO 2023-24 from the article provided below. We have also shared information about the eligibility criteria and the major importance of the Olympiad given below:
Briefly introduce the SOF ICO
SOF International Commerce Olympiad is a Level Examination that is conducted in order to provide proper opportunities to the people who are performing really well in their Academics. People can apply for the Olympiad if they are interested through the help of their teachers because the Olympiad will be available to the school first. The students can fill out the application form with the help of their teacher and then they can give the Olympiad on the basis of the dates shared by the authorities. Financial benefits will be provided to the people who perform really well in this examination so that they can work harder in the future.
Also Check: International English Olympiad
Explain the importance of participating in this Olympiad
If you are participating in any type of olympiad then you will be getting a lot of opportunities such as for the financial benefit and also the motivation to work harder in the future. Sometimes students do not have access to financial resources to buy books or other study materials so this is a great way to earn some extra cash on the basis of your academic performance. The students will be presented with academic opportunities through the development of this scheme and they will be getting a lot of cash benefits. The students can use this cash benefit in order to buy books and other products that they need in order to give their board exams.
Objective of SOF International Commerce Olympiad
The main objective of the scholarship scheme is to provide proper opportunities to the people who are working hard to prove themselves in their respective schools and colleges. Permanent residents of India or abroad can apply for this Olympiad and they can earn some extra cash in order to take into account their studies. You can fill out the application form for the Olympiad with the help of your teachers. Financial benefits will be provided to the people who are selected for this Olympiad. The people who are getting good results will be provided with the award so that they can get the motivation to work harder in the future. Make sure to apply for the Olympiad as soon as possible in order to get your reward.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for this scheme:
- The applicant must be a Commerce student from classes 11th or 12th
SOF ICO Syllabus
The applicants can check out the major information about the syllabus that will be applicable for classes 11th and 12th from the pointers given below:
- Class 11
- Section – 1: Introductory Microeconomics, Statistics for Economics.
- Section – 2: Nature and Purpose of Business, Forms of Business Organisations, Public, Private, and Global Enterprises, Business Services, Emerging Modes of Business, Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics, Sources of Business Finance, Small Business, Internal Trade, International Business.
- Section – 3: Theoretical Framework, Accounting Process, Financial Statements of Sole Proprietorship from Complete and Incomplete Records, Computers in Accounting.
- Section – 4: Higher Order Thinking Questions – Syllabus as per Section-1, Section-2, and Section-3.
- Class 12
- Section – 1: Introductory Macroeconomics, Indian Economic Development.
- Section – 2: Nature and Significance of Management, Principles of Management, Business Environment, Planning, Organising, Staffing, Directing, Controlling, Financial Management, Financial Markets, Marketing Management, Consumer Protection.
- Section – 3: Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organisations, Accounting for Partnership Firms, Accounting for Companies, Analysis of Financial Statements, Cash Flow Statement, Computerised Accounting.
- Section – 4: Higher Order Thinking Questions – Syllabus as per Section-1, Section-2 and Section-3.
Structure and Pattern of SOF ICO Exam
The students can check out the major details related to the exam pattern for the olympiad from the table given below:
|NO. OF QUESTIONS
|Section – 1: Economics
|Section – 2: Business Studies
|Section – 3: Accountancy
|Section – 4: Achievers Section
Benefits Of The Scheme
The following benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for this scheme:
- At the international level –
- A total of two awards of INR 1,00,000 each, a gold medal, and a certificate of outstanding performance to first-rank holders.
- A total of two awards of INR 75,000 each, a silver medal, and a certificate of outstanding performance to second-rank holders.
- A total of two awards of INR 50,000 each, a bronze medal, and a certificate of outstanding performance to third rank holders.
- A total of two awards of INR 25,000 each, a medal of distinction, and a certificate of outstanding performance to fourth-rank holders.
- A total of two awards of INR 10,000 each, a medal of distinction, and a certificate of outstanding performance to fifth-rank holders.
- In case two or more students achieve the same international rank, cash award in the applicable category will be distributed as under:
- For up to 10 students getting the same rank, the award amount will be distributed equally. Each winner will be awarded a medal (in the applicable category) and a certificate.
- In case 11 or more students get the same rank, in lieu of a cash award, each winner will be awarded gifts worth INR 1,000 each and a medal (in the applicable category), and a certificate.
- For EXAM DATE ONE – 12th December 2023
- Application Deadline – 27th November 2023
- For EXAM DATE TWO – 18th January 2024
- Application Deadline – 3rd January 2024
Each winner will be entitled to one award for an exam. The winners will be entitled to the higher-level award only.
|AT INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
|NO. OF AWARDS
|*Rs.1,00,000/- Each + International Gold Medal**+ Certificate of Outstanding Performance
|*Rs.75,000/- Each + International Silver Medal**+ Certificate of Outstanding Performance
|*Rs.50,000/- Each + International Bronze Medal**+ Certificate of Outstanding Performance
|*Rs.25,000/- Each + Certificate of Outstanding Performance
|*Rs.10,000/- Each + Certificate of Outstanding Performance
- * In case two or more students achieve the same international rank, cash award in the applicable category will be distributed as under:
- For up to 10 students getting the same rank, the award amount will be distributed equally. In addition, each winner will be awarded a medal (in the applicable category) and a Certificate.
- In case 11 or more students get the same rank, in lieu of a cash award, each winner will be awarded gifts worth Rs.1,000/- each + a medal ( in the applicable category) and a Certificate.
|AT ZONAL LEVEL
|NO. OF AWARDS
|*Rs. 10000/- Each + Zonal Gold Medal** + Certificate of Zonal Excellence
|*Rs. 5000/- Each + Zonal Silver Medal** + Certificate of Zonal Excellence
|*Rs. 3000/- Each + Zonal Bronze Medal** + Certificate of Zonal Excellence
|4th to 10th
|Gifts Worth Rs. 500/- Each + Medal of Distinction** + Certificate of Distinction
|11th to 25th
|Medal of Distinction** + Certificate of Distinction
|Rank 26 +
|Participation Certificate + Student Performance Report
- * In case two or more students achieve the same Zonal rank, cash award in the applicable category will be distributed as under:
- For up to 5 students getting the same rank, the award amount will be distributed equally. In addition, each winner will be awarded a medal (in the applicable category) and a Certificate.
- In case 6 or more students get the same rank, in lieu of a cash award, each winner will be awarded gifts worth Rs.1,000/- each + a medal ( in the applicable category) and a Certificate.
- For single-level exams and for 2-level exams, a Medal of Distinction & Certificate of Distinction is awarded for 1st-level performance and Zonal medals & Certificate of Zonal Excellence are awarded for 2nd-level performance.
- Single-level exams are held for SOF IGKO, SOF NCO, SOF ISSO & SOF ICO. For SOF IEO, SOF NSO & SOF IMO, class one and class two exams are single-level exams.
- **Medals are gold /silver/ bronze colored, as applicable
Also Check: Indian National Olympiad
SOF ICO 2023-24 Application Process
- The students should register through their respective schools.
- A minimum of 5 students need to be registered from each school for SOF ICO.
- Principals/teachers may please note that any school can be registered as a center for SOF ICO Level 1. No fee is required from the institution to become a registered examination center.
- A prospectus containing the Registration forms is sent to all schools registered with SOF.
- Schools not registered may also request a prospectus by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by calling 0124-4951200.
- Schools must return the registration forms to SOF, duly filled in and complete in all respects by the due date.
- The school’s coordinating teacher should fill out the School Registration Form (SRF) and Students’ Registration Sheet (SRS) as per the guidelines given & should send it to the SOF’s office before the due date of submission of forms at:
- Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)
- 1st Floor, Plot no. 99,
- Sector – 44, Gurugram (Haryana) India
- Pin Code – 122003
- SOF will register the applicant’s school and the students.
- As per the Students’ Registration Sheet (SRS) received from the School, SOF will generate roll numbers for all students.
- SOF will dispatch examination material and guidelines as per the exam date & forms received from the school for conducting the examination.
- Registration Fee: Schools in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan & Nepal pay SOF a registration fee of Rs 125 (including GST) per student / Olympiad towards the cost of the examination.
- Schools may charge an additional Rs 25 per student towards the honorarium of charge, remuneration to teachers to teach and guide, and other expenses.
- No fee is payable for students suﬀering from any major physical disability, or an Indian student whose parent was martyred during defense operations.
- The SOF International Commerce Olympiad is a single-level exam.
- The test is organized in the respective schools of the participants during school hours.
If you want to log in to the official website then you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:
- You will first have to visit the SOF website of the scheme
- The home page will open on your screen
- You have to click on the login option and a new page opens on your screen.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on the login button to log in successfully.
The applicant must follow the following selection procedure to be selected for the scholarship:
- The winners will be selected on the basis of their marks and their performance in the Olympiad exam.
SOF ICO Result
The result will be published on the official website of the Olympiad and the students will be able to access the result as soon as possible. The schools can also announce the result of the Olympiad because the schools are directly submitting the application form for the Olympiad on behalf of the students. The students can get the major information about the scholarship by visiting the official website. The awards will be available to the concerned School authorities only. The schools will also be provided awards individually on the basis of the performance of the students of that particular school. The result will be available in the month of March or April by the concerned authority so the students can visit the official website accordingly.
- Science Olympiad Foundation
- 1st Floor, Plot no. 99, Sector – 44,
- Gurgaon (Haryana)
- Pin – 122003
- Landline Number – (0124)-4951200
- Mobile Number – 9312680855, 9312680857 | Email Id – firstname.lastname@example.org
SOF ICO 2023-24 Faqs
Students of classes 11th & 12th are eligible to appear for the SOF ICO. There is no other eligibility criterion like minimum marks. SOF ICO is a single-level exam. Students from Science, Commerce & Humanities may appear for the SOF ICO.
The students will be provided financial benefits if they are applying for this prestigious scheme.
The applicant can fill out the application form with the help of their teachers or if they are a private student and they can fill out the application form from the official website.
Results of Olympiads are declared within 8 weeks of the last date of examination. The results are sent to the schools concerned. The results are also made available on our website.