Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship 2023 is available for people who want to pursue a master’s degree in the areas of Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies; Economics; Environmental Science/Studies; Higher Education Administration; International Affairs; International Legal Studies; Journalism and Mass Communication; Public Administration; Public Health; Urban and Regional Planning; and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies. The fellowship program is available for people who have leadership qualities and have completed their bachelor’s degree in the US. If you are someone who fits the eligibility criteria and has at least 3 years of professional experience then you can apply for this fellowship program. Check out more information about the same from the article given below!
Introduction of Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship
Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship is a fellowship program that is only available for people with good leadership qualities. The people who have taken their bachelor’s degree in the US will be eligible to apply for the master’s degree and then they can apply for this Fellowship programme. There is an extensive eligibility criteria that must be followed by the students in order to successfully apply for this scholarship scheme. The fellowship is available for people who are coming from India to the US and want to pursue a master’s degree in the country so that they can make a good future for themselves. The applicant will be provided visa support and other opportunities so that they can take care of themselves in the US.
Also Check: Harvard Lead Fellowship
Objective of Fellowship
The main objective of the scholarship is to provide opportunities to people who are coming from India and want to pursue a master’s degree program in the US colleges in universities in different areas. The Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship will provide a safe space for highly motivated people who want to demonstrate good leadership qualities. The program is only available for people who have taken into account a bachelor’s degree in the US and want to take a good look at the career opportunities available in the country so that they can return and apply for a good job opportunity. The main objective of this scholarship is to provide educational support to students who are coming from India so that they can get a good education.
About Fulbright Nehru Fellowship
Fulbright Nehru Fellowship is a fellowship program that is available every year for students who are coming from India to pursue a master’s degree in the US after they have completed their bachelor’s degree at the same University. There are different types of courses available for people to apply for and you can apply according to your needs. A fellowship program will be available so that the students can get proper information about the career opportunities available to them and they can also gain experience. The students can apply for 1 year or 2 years fellowship program according to their personal preference and they will be eligible to get a financial benefit also.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for the fellowship program:
- must be a responsible Indian citizen who can contribute to a full and fair picture of the culture and civilization of India, and thereby help to promote understanding and friendship between the peoples of the United States of America and India;
- must not be residing in the U.S. during the recruitment and placement cycle (February 2023-July 2024);
- Indian citizens with active permanent resident status of foreign countries are not eligible to apply;
- must have a high level of academic/professional achievement;
- must demonstrate proficiency in the English language to undertake the proposed project/program and adjust to life in the U.S.;
- must inform USIEF well in advance if the applicant needs to travel abroad (e.g., conference, fellowship, etc.) during the application cycle July 2023 – July 2024;
- must be eligible for leave, if employed;
- must be in good health;
- must not be applying for or holding permanent residence (green card) in the United States; and
- must give an undertaking to return to India on the completion of the fellowship.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not had extensive recent U.S. experience. Some fellowship programs may have prerequisites and guidelines in addition to those described above. Please review the eligibility criteria for specific fellowships carefully.
- Plagiarism detected at any time during the application or grant period will lead to selection withdrawal or grant termination, as well as ineligibility for future participation.
- must have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks. Applicants must either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree, or a full-time postgraduate diploma from a recognized Indian institution if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years duration;
- must have at least three years of full-time (paid) professional work experience relevant to the proposed field of study by the application deadline;
- should demonstrate experience in leadership and community service;
- must not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program; and
- if employed, should follow the instructions carefully regarding the employer’s endorsement. If applicable, obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNMasters Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
Benefits of the Fellowship
The following financial benefits will be provided to the people if they are applying for this fellowship program:
- The fellowship will provide J-1 visa support, round-trip economy class air travel from the fellow’s home city to the host institution in the U.S., funding for tuition and fees, living and related costs, and accident and sickness coverage per U.S. Government guidelines.
- The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships provide no financial support for dependents.
All Important Dates
|May 17, 2023||Application Deadline|
|End June 2023||Review of applications|
|End July 2023||USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome|
|End August 2023||Interviews of short-listed candidates|
|End August 2023||USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees. Nominees take tests (such as TOEFL and GRE)|
|October 2023||USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement|
|March/April 2024||USIEF notifies the finalists about the FFSB approval|
|May/June 2024||Pre-Departure Orientation|
|July/August 2024||Pre-academic training in the U.S. (if required)|
|August/September 2024||Degree program begins|
Also Check: Rotary Peace Fellowship
Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship 2023 Application Process
The applicant must follow the following application procedure in order to apply for the scholarship:
- The students need to first visit the Fulbright Nehru Master’s website of this scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- Scroll down to the “How to Apply Section” and click on the activated link for the application form.
- Please carefully review the FNMaster’s Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
- Please refer to FNMaster’s Applicant Checklist before submitting the application.
- In addition, you must complete FNMaster’s Applicant Annexure and FNMaster’s Employer’s Endorsement Form (if applicable) and upload them on your online application.
The applicant must follow the following selection procedure in order to get selected for the scholarship:
- Selection panels will generally use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
- Academic credentials and professional ability
- The merit of the proposed Fulbright project
- Communication skills
- Commitment to community or national service
- Need to conduct research in the U.S.
- Outcomes, Potential Impact, and Benefits
- Motivation, Seriousness of Purpose, Maturity, Leadership, Cultural Adaptability
- Ability to contribute as a cultural ambassador beyond his/her specific field of study
- Decisions taken by the reviewers/committees in connection with the selection process will be final and requests for reconsideration will NOT be entertained.
- The applicant must include the following things in their proposal to be selected for the scholarship:
- familiarity with resources in India before proposing research abroad;
- a proposal with a clear focus;
- a sense of how the proposed work is relevant to the Indian context;
- identification of resources in the U.S.; and
- the role of an exchange participant as a cultural ambassador of India beyond his/her specific field of study.
Tips for a Successful Application
The applicant must follow the following tips and tricks in order to successfully submit an application that will be considered by the authorities:
- The applicants are requested to submit only one application for the fellowship programme during a competition cycle.
- The applicants are requested to not apply for different types of Fellowship grants in the same academy years.
- Plagiarism is not supported in the application for this scholarship and it will lead to disqualification.
- The applicant must submit the application online only.
- The applicants are requested to apply for the fellowship before the last date.
- The applicant must not submit any application before 7 February 2023.
- For any queries contact: email@example.com
Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship 2023 FAQs
Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship 2023 is a fellowship program that is available for people who are interested in getting experience in the US after their master’s degree.
The applicant must be a permanent resident of India and must have achieved a bachelor’s degree in the US with 2 years of professional experience to apply for this scholarship.
The applicant will be provided with the opportunity to work with well-known individuals if they are selected for the scholarship program.
You can visit the official website of the university and then you can apply for the fellowship program by filling out the application form.