Sports Scholarship in India for students for the academic year 2023 is available in this article in detail. All those students who are sports players must read this page very carefully. Scholarships will help you in receiving financial help from the government to complete your education. scheme along with eligibility criteria, the application process, benefits, direct apply link and much more useful information is mentioned below. Grab the best opportunity after comparing different schemes.
About Sports Scholarship in India 2023
All those scholarship programs which offer financial help to a student based on their achievements in sports are Sports Scholarships. In this article today we are going to detail the schemes offered by the university/ government to sports persons to support their education. If you are also a sports person then you should look over the information mentioned further in this article. You can apply for the scholarship to get the benefits by following the few steps mentioned below, but don’t forget to check the eligibility and last date.
Highlights Of Sports Scholarship in India
- Name of the scheme: Sports Scholarship in India
- Launched for: students
- Benefits: monetary
- Mode of application: online/offline
- Official site: Sports Scholarship
Sports Scholarship Scheme In India
- NISD National Sports Scholarship
- Indian Oil Sports Scholarship
- AAI Sports Scholarship
Benefits & Eligibility of Sports Scholarship Scheme In India
|NISD National Sports Scholarship||Rs. 6000 to Rs. 9000 will be given for the development of their sport along with education||The age of the applicant should be in between 8 to 21 years Applicant should be a sports player of any individual or team game and achieve in valid and approved, rural-urban – district – zonal – state – national level sports competitions/ championships|
|Indian Oil Sports Scholarship||Rs. 180000 to Rs. 360000 per annum||The age of the applicant should be in between 13 to 19 years Applicant should be a sports player who plays any of the following games: ArcheryAthleticsBadmintonBasketballBoxingCarromChessCricketFootballGolfGymnastic HockeyKabaddiShooting Snooker and billiardsSwimmingTable tennis volleyball Wrestling|
|AAI Sports Scholarship||Age between 14 -18 years – INR 12,000 per month.Age above 18 years – INR 16,000 per month.||Age of the applicant must be above 14 years Applicant has represented India in Sub-Junior/Junior/Senior National Championships, All India Inter-University Tournaments, and National School Games in 2019-20 & onwards|
Also Check: AAI Sports Scholarship Scheme
Application Procedure & Last Date
|NISD National Sports Scholarship||To apply for this scheme, you have to download the application form format from the official portal||Closed|
|Indian Oil Sports Scholarship||To apply you need to click here Fill out the application form Upload the documents Submit the form before the last date For more details visit the official website||30 June 2022|
|AAI Sports Scholarship||To apply for this scheme, you have to download the application form format. Fill out the application and attach the significant documents Forward the form to “Shri G.L. Verma, Jt. General Manager (HR) & Secretary, AAI Sports Control Board Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan, A-wing, Room No. C-208, Airports Authority of India, Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi-110003” before the last date||Closed|
Some Universities/ Institutes Offers Sports Scholarship
- SRM University Tamil Nadu- Scholarships award is offered to the players who play Cricket, Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Hockey, Badminton, Ball Badminton, Tennis, Table tennis, and Chess. The scholarship is awarded to 104 candidates. Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of fair trials. Trails are examined by internal experts.
- Netaji Subhas national institute of sports and sports authority of India- With the aim to promote sports, scholarships are offered at the national level or state level to college/ university students. Selection for the scholarship is completely on a merit basis. A special scholarship program is also there for women.
- Rizvi college, Mumbai- Rizvi college, Mumbai also offers sports scholarships to various sports discipline students. Students who get admission under the sports quota have to undergo a trial to win the scholarship.
- St. Stephen’s College, Delhi- College also offers sports scholarships to various sports discipline students. Students who get admission under the sports quota by clearing three tests will get financial help.
- Sri Venkateshwara College, Delhi- In this college Athletes who get admission under the sports quota will get scholarships based on merit. Students with achievements at the national level will get a scholarship amount of Rs. 3500 to Rs. 7500. Students who play international level will get up to Rs. 10000.
- Amity University, Noida- One of the most popular universities. The university offers sports scholarships to students. Students who participate in national-level games will get a 25% scholarship, a 50% scholarship to the student who wins a medal, and a 100% scholarship to the students who participate in international-level games.
- Laxmibai national college of physical education, Thiruvananthapuram- Students who win medals in the national level games will get scholarships amounting to Rs. 3000 to 4000.
- TNEA and Anna University, Tamil Nadu- 500 students will get admission under its Sports quota. The university desire to promote sports among the students and support the students in achieving a career in sports.